Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sad story - please read if you know anyone that attends an SGM church

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Sad story - please read if you know anyone that attends an SGM church Empty
PostSubject: Sad story - please read if you know anyone that attends an SGM church   Sad story - please read if you know anyone that attends an SGM church Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 6:31 pm

All,

This post is more geared towards the christians on this site. If you have any family or friends who are members or have attended yourself a SGM (Sovereign Grace Ministries) church, you need to read the following blog entry:

http://www.sgmsurvivors.com/?p=276

It's a post on a site called sgm survivors - for those who have been spiritually and emotionally abused by sgm. As an FYI, sgm used to be know as PDI (People Of Destiny, International). Scary, very real stuff. I'd also recommend the comments after the post, as it's not an isolated incident and it is laid out in the comments section.

I am posting this as a warning and word of caution about that organization.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Sad story - please read if you know anyone that attends an SGM church   Sad story - please read if you know anyone that attends an SGM church Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:06 am

Disgusting and does nothing but make Christianity look bad. I hate to hear stories like this because so many people judge all Christians by the actions of a few. I would not spend a second in a church that was like that and thank God that I never had the misforutne of being involved in one. Abuse is horrible but abuse on children is down right vomit inducing.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Sad story - please read if you know anyone that attends an SGM church   Sad story - please read if you know anyone that attends an SGM church Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:12 pm

I agree - I posted it because I was part of that group of churches fo about six years, until my conscience couldn't take it and rejected the kool-aid. Just a warning to anyone, all of the churchs are run the same, have the same playbook. Since that story was posted, people from all over the country in sovereign grace ministries churchs have come forward with the same story. They have a church in Dallas - stay away, far away Dalls Black!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Sad story - please read if you know anyone that attends an SGM church   Sad story - please read if you know anyone that attends an SGM church Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:35 pm

its not so much a church as a cult house.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Sad story - please read if you know anyone that attends an SGM church   Sad story - please read if you know anyone that attends an SGM church Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:10 pm

sam wrote:
its not so much a church as a cult house.

Well, when I left I told the pastor that tried to "confront me" on my "sin" of rebellion that they where a cult. Then, he told me that they would contact the pastors of any church I ever attend in the future and tell them my sins and that I was in "church dicipline", basically because I was leaving the church. Like most cults, you don't find out the truth until you get in deeper and deeper............

Scary place, you all need to be warned. You can find a much better church than sgm.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Sad story - please read if you know anyone that attends an SGM church   Sad story - please read if you know anyone that attends an SGM church Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:13 pm

That's f*cked up. People these days...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sad story - please read if you know anyone that attends an SGM church   Sad story - please read if you know anyone that attends an SGM church Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sad story - please read if you know anyone that attends an SGM church
Page 1 of 1