Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Albums people always rag on...

Go down 
+27
KingPest
Mattallica667
kmorg
journeyman
scottmitchell74
King D
DallasBlack
Leatherface
Chairman_Smith
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
DeathCult
SAHB Healer
the sentinel
tohostudios
Thrasher73
mc666
XYZ
T-Roy
Schbopo
MetalRob331
Stender
manny
stevegarveyfan
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Albums people always rag on... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albums people always rag on...   Albums people always rag on... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 10:41 am

I love Judas Priest Turbo, very commerical but great songs

Dio-Strange Highways another album that I love, very modern (for its time) but still Dio

Iron Maiden-Virtual XI-I like this album alot and the older I get the more I appreciate it,

Genesis-Calling All Stations- I thought Genesis would begin a new phase of their career with Ray Wilson, very underrated album and excellent songwriting, also Ray Wilson was so different than Phil Collins and Peter Gabriel that it would have been interesting to hear sing Genesis classics live.

as far as Saxon-Rock the Nations, I am huge Saxon fan but I hate that album.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Albums people always rag on...   Albums people always rag on... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 11:55 am

spectrefate wrote:
Onslaught - In Search of Sanity</font></strong>

So they went a bit mainstream on this one by getting rid of the "evil" lyrical approach and brought in Steve Grimmett to clean up the vocal department. Definitely one of my favorite thrash releases of all time.

I've always loved this album, too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Mattallica667
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mattallica667

Number of posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: Albums people always rag on...   Albums people always rag on... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 12:23 am

I LOVE March or Die. I think its an extremely underrated song and "Jack the Ripper" is an extremely underrated song. 🤘
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Albums people always rag on...   Albums people always rag on... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 8:54 am

Mattallica667 wrote:
I LOVE March or Die. I think its an extremely underrated song and "Jack the Ripper" is an extremely underrated song. 🤘

I concurr, a very enjoyable album.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Albums people always rag on...   Albums people always rag on... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 10:51 am

Albums people always rag on... - Page 4 F35058intu6
Plastic Green Head

Not sure why this album always gets trashed. The title track, The Eye, Hear The Earth, Long Shadows Fall...all classic Trouble tracks. Requiem is one of their best ballads...and the cover tunes are excellent, especially Tomorrow Never Knows...and only Trouble would cover "The Porpoise Song".
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Albums people always rag on...   Albums people always rag on... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 11:18 am

detuned wrote:
Albums people always rag on... - Page 4 F35058intu6
Plastic Green Head

Not sure why this album always gets trashed. The title track, The Eye, Hear The Earth, Long Shadows Fall...all classic Trouble tracks. Requiem is one of their best ballads...and the cover tunes are excellent, especially Tomorrow Never Knows...and only Trouble would cover "The Porpoise Song".

Love this album. 🤘

I also enjoy most of Turbo, theres only 2 maybe 3 songs on there I generally skip over.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Albums people always rag on...   Albums people always rag on... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 12:56 pm

mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Dio - Dream Evil
Not sure why, but I've even heard Dio rags on this album. Frankly, I think it's fantastic!
speaking of Dio... Strange Highways & Angry Machines continue to receive alot of crap. why people piss all over the Tracey G era is beyond me. damn fine heavy metal.

Yep ,I expected the worst but thought both were quite remarkable.
Back to top Go down
KingPest
Metal novice
Metal novice
KingPest

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Albums people always rag on...   Albums people always rag on... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 9:42 pm

Train of Thought

So many people rag on this album because it is not like the classic DT.

DT have a lot of great albums, and ToT is one of them!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Albums people always rag on...   Albums people always rag on... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 10:41 pm

KingPest wrote:
Train of Thought

So many people rag on this album because it is not like the classic DT.

DT have a lot of great albums, and ToT is one of them!

the only part of the album I didn't like was the rapping in honor thy father, otherwise great heavy as Smurf album!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Albums people always rag on...   Albums people always rag on... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:34 pm

I would never try to defend these albums as good (especially considering both's catalogue) but for some reason I like-

Alice Cooper - Trash
Krokus - Change Of Address

Figure it must be nostalgia or something.

I'm also one who likes Turbo too.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Albums people always rag on...   Albums people always rag on... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:06 pm

Annihilator - "Set The World on Fire" added to the list!

PostSubject: Re: Albums people always rag on...   Albums people always rag on... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:10 pm

Deliverance - Camelot In Smithereens

Albums people always rag on... - Page 4 009

I really dig this album. It's not that different from River Disturbance, but if you ask some fans' opinions on "Camelot", you would think it was an album full of fart noises and congas.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Albums people always rag on...   Albums people always rag on... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:14 pm

I actually like Savatage's Fight For The Rock album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Albums people always rag on...   Albums people always rag on... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:40 pm

~~~WARNING: FAN-BOY ALERT!!!~~~

It's still early, but I'll go on record and say:

Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy

With the 15 year long wait and people expecting Appetite Part II, I'm sure it's gonna take alot of criticism, but I'm liking it more with each spin.

PostSubject: Re: Albums people always rag on...   Albums people always rag on... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:41 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
~~~WARNING: FAN-BOY ALERT!!!~~~

It's still early, but I'll go on record and say:

Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy

With the 15 year long wait and people expecting Appetite Part II, I'm sure it's gonna take alot of criticism, but I'm liking it more with each spin.

How much sleep did you get last night, MG? Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Albums people always rag on...   Albums people always rag on... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:42 pm

Clearly not enough. And now I'm getting the caffeine jitters. Yippy-ki-yi-yaaaaaa, motherfarkers!!!

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Albums people always rag on...   Albums people always rag on... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:43 pm

I will side with Metal Guy, 'Chinese Democracy' is an excellent album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Albums people always rag on...   Albums people always rag on... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:48 pm

People always rag on Winger but i really like the guitar work on their first album.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Albums people always rag on...   Albums people always rag on... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 1:36 pm

troublezone wrote:
I actually like Savatage's Fight For The Rock album.

So do I.I dont understand all the negativity that album gets.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Albums people always rag on...   Albums people always rag on... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 1:41 pm

Mattallica667 wrote:

I think you mean album there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albums people always rag on...   Albums people always rag on... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albums people always rag on...
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4