Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seven Witches -- James Rivera is back in!

Go down 
+5
Thrasher73
kmorg
Lurideath
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

Seven Witches -- James Rivera is back in! Empty
PostSubject: Seven Witches -- James Rivera is back in!   Seven Witches -- James Rivera is back in! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 1:19 pm

I was catching up on the metal news @ Blabbermouth earlier today and found this bit which I'd somehow missed during all the holiday hoopla... SWEET! J.R. was the best Seven Witches vocalist IMO. The two discs they did with Alan Tecchio weren't bad but didn't exactly set me on fire either. I guess James plans on doing S.W. along with his Helstar activities for the time being. Fine by me!!

SEVEN WITCHES Planning New Album, Tenth-Anniversary Shows With Singer JAMES RIVERA - Dec. 18, 2008

To celebrate the band's ten-year anniversary, SEVEN WITCHES has rejoined forces with singer James Rivera (HELSTAR, ex-VICIOUS RUMORS) and is in the process of negotiating a deal for a new studio album. In addition, the group will play a number of shows on East and West Coast in early 2009.

Rivera sang on SEVEN WITCHES' "Passage To The Other Side" (2003) and "Year Of The Witch" (2004) albums.

SEVEN WITCHES' latest CD, "Deadly Sins", came out in November 2007 via Screaming Ferret Wreckords. In addition to guitarist Jack Frost's impressive six-string skills, the album featured two other metal giants in their respective fields — ex-HADES/WATCHTOWER vocalist Alan Tecchio (who also appeared on SEVEN WITCHES' "Amped" release) and ARMORED SAINT/FATES WARNING/ANTHRAX bassist Joey Vera.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Seven Witches -- James Rivera is back in!   Seven Witches -- James Rivera is back in! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 1:24 pm

Cool. I thought James was a good match for this band.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Seven Witches -- James Rivera is back in!   Seven Witches -- James Rivera is back in! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 1:24 pm

Every Seven Witches singer was awesome on their respective albums. James is a class act though! I thought Alan Tecchio did an amazing job as well!

Looking fwd to the new album though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Seven Witches -- James Rivera is back in!   Seven Witches -- James Rivera is back in! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 1:26 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I thought Alan Tecchio did an amazing job as well!

Of the two Alan Tecchio discs I preferred the latest one (DEADLY SINS)... AMPED was too "all over the place," it sounded like the new lineup just ran into the studio without taking any time to "gel" first.

Either way, neither of those discs touches PASSAGE TO THE OTHER SIDE (still my fave Witches album...)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seven Witches -- James Rivera is back in!   Seven Witches -- James Rivera is back in! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 2:39 pm

The Rivera era of this band is my favorite...he was the best fit, IMO...
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Seven Witches -- James Rivera is back in!   Seven Witches -- James Rivera is back in! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 2:46 pm

Always up for some new Seven Witches

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Seven Witches -- James Rivera is back in!   Seven Witches -- James Rivera is back in! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 3:20 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
The Rivera era of this band is my favorite...he was the best fit, IMO...

I agree.And Year of the Witch is my favorite of his era.although everything he sings on is great,IMO.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Seven Witches -- James Rivera is back in!   Seven Witches -- James Rivera is back in! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 4:03 pm

kmorg wrote:
Always up for some new Seven Witches
TMI DUDE!! affraid
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Seven Witches -- James Rivera is back in!   Seven Witches -- James Rivera is back in! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 4:20 pm

This is good news!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Seven Witches -- James Rivera is back in!   Seven Witches -- James Rivera is back in! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 8:27 pm

All Seven Witches is good and with JR back makes it even better!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Seven Witches -- James Rivera is back in!   Seven Witches -- James Rivera is back in! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:16 am

Well, it looks like the reports of James Rivera being back in Seven Witches on a permanent (or at least as permanent as J.R. can ever be, haha) basis were premature. (From Blabbermouth)

In response to the confusion caused by the recent announcement that HELSTAR frontman James Rivera has rejoined SEVEN WITCHES for the recording of the band's next studio album and subsequent live shows, SEVEN WITCHES guitarist Jack Frost released the following statement:

"Alan [Tecchio; who sang on the last two SEVEN WITCHES albums] is still the singer in SEVEN WITCHES and we will do another record together, but for the time being he is taking a leave of absence. 'Deadly Sins' [2007] was our best-selling album to date and I am very proud of what he and I have created. For 2009, Alan has commitments with his band HADES, among other projects. With James back in the fold, we thought it would be really special to include him on the next record. If all goes according to plan, James' schedule with HELSTAR will not interfere with SEVEN WITCHES and vice versa. Also, bassist Kevin Bolembach (who played on 'Amped' and 'Deadly Sins') is still in the family but has moved on to commit more time to his band called INFERNOPHONIC."

This seems to indicate that Rivera will do another S.W. record before Alan Tecchio returns to the fold.

Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Seven Witches -- James Rivera is back in!   Seven Witches -- James Rivera is back in! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:30 pm

sweet, this ought to be awesome. 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seven Witches -- James Rivera is back in!   Seven Witches -- James Rivera is back in! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seven Witches -- James Rivera is back in!
Page 1 of 1