Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors

Go down 
+3
Thrasher73
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors Empty
PostSubject: James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors   James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 9:12 am

On one hand, this kinda sucks, as Vicious Rumors are an excellent band and the one CD James recorded with them, WARBALL, totally smokes... on the other hand, at least now James will be able to do Helstar full time again!!! James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors Smile

Singer JAMES RIVERA Says End-Of-Tour Altercation Led To His Exit From VICIOUS RUMORS - Nov. 13, 2007

Veteran heavy metal vocalist James Rivera (HELSTAR, SEVEN WITCHES, FLOTSAM AND JETSAM) has confirmed his departure from VICIOUS RUMORS, the long-running San Francisco Bay Area metal band he joined in September 2005.

In a statement released to BLABBERMOUTH.NET earlier today, Rivera said about his decision to leave the group, "A public announcement should have been made sooner, but I tried keeping my business to myself. Unfortunately, it isn't working and the more people are finding out the truth of what happened, the more they say you should let the world know what kind of [people Geoff Thorpe (VR guitarist) and Larry Howe (VR drummer)] are!

"It just sickens me to see that Geoff and Larry are going about everything like nothing has happened, just as they always do, living in complete denial!!!! Thaen [Rasmussen; ANVIL CHORUS, BLACK SUN], the other guitar player, and I are GONE and VR is over forever!!!

"Sadly our tour of Europe ended VERY drastically — it ended with Geoff hitting me with a beer bottle on my forehead on the last night of the tour, after he got knocked into place. He provoked a physical confrontation with me, I defended myself and he couldn't handle the defeat like a man, so when I was not looking and my guard was down explaining to the tour manager what had just happened, that is when he grabbed a beer bottle, struck me with it and said 'There you go smurfette!! How about that!!!' Geoff is supposed to be handicapped, or a person of special needs. However, handicapped people don't start physical fights, nor do they walk all over Europe in KISS boots in a drunken stupor!!

"The blow to my forehead from the bottle he hit me with had gotten so bad, AFM Records, the new record label HELSTAR is signed to, insisted on taking me to the hospital because the swelling of my forehead and face in general had gotten worse and both of my eyes had turned completely purple from internal bleeding.

"After the tour, I had to go to Hamburg, Germany, for an additional week to do press interviews for HELSTAR at AFM Records' office, for those wondering where AFM came into this whole thing. Now I'm home and doing better and ready to move on.

"So my days with VR are over and just think, I was going to get them a record deal with AFM as well.

"Family, friends, myself and the rest of the HELSTAR guys are just devastated over this. I did so much for those guys [VICIOUS RUMORS] when they were here and finally got to tour Texas again after 20 years. Not to mention the Atarfe Rock festival in Spain, the tour with BEYOND FEAR, and all the U.S. dates I got them outside of the Bay Area. There were so many things I brought to the table for them. I have gotten e-mails from just about all the promoters and even the president of the record company we were previously signed to, Mascot Records (which dropped VR), wanting to know if I am okay.

"Now you know the truth before you hear any lies from their end, which is what they are good at."

Rivera appears on VICIOUS RUMORS' latest album, "Warball", which came out in the U.S. in October 2006.

AFM Records has set a November 23 release date for HELSTAR's "Sins of the Past", a "best-of" album featuring re-recordings of the band's classics along with two brand new tracks. The first edition of "Sins of the Past" will come in a special CD layout. A limited picture vinyl version will also be available.

An all-new album of original HELSTAR material is tentatively due next summer.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors   James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 9:17 am

Weird.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors   James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 9:21 am

It'll be interesting to hear Geoff Thorpe's side of the story, which I'm sure will end up on Blabbermouth eventually Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors   James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 9:23 am

ultmetal wrote:
Weird.

Yeah,that is odd
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors   James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 9:24 am

I hope it was a light beer and not an import.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors   James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 9:25 am

Quote :
handicapped people don't start physical fights, nor do they walk all over Europe in KISS boots in a drunken stupor!!

I wish I could somehow incorporate this statement into my lexicon. I love that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors   James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 9:26 am

spectrefate wrote:
I hope it was a light beer and not an import.

This happened in Europe... there's no such THING as light beer in Europe!!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors   James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 9:44 am

When was Rivera in Flots? I must have totally missed that one!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors   James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 9:47 am

SAXON1500 wrote:

On the tour for their last studio album. He finished up the tour as Eric AK quit in the middle of tour I believe.

PostSubject: Re: James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors   James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 9:47 am

SAXON1500 wrote:

I didn't even notice that. Sounds pretty darn wrong to me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors   James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 9:53 am

Rivera never recorded an album with F&J, but as Ult said, he did fill in for Eric AK during one tour. I am not 100 percent sure but I think he may be on the live DVD they put out a couple of years ago

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors   James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 10:24 am

Rivera was not on the live F&J DVD. Either one of them.

When I met Geoff he was really nice. VR put on a great show that day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors   James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 11:59 am

I've always found Vicious Rumors to be mediocre, even with James singing. Sounds like drama either way.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors   James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 12:28 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I've always found Vicious Rumors to be mediocre, even with James singing.

As you're so fond of saying, "Pffft."

lol!

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors   James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 4:48 pm

I still need to get a copy of Warball.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors   James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 7:38 pm

Too bad. I thought Warball was awesome. At least we're getting some new Helstar !
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors   James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 9:12 am

Found this statement from Bruce Hall of Agent Steel, who were on tour with V.R. when all the you-know-what with James Rivera hit the fan... sounds like Bruce is not a member of the Geoff Thorpe/Larry Howe fan club either...

"Well...I was there though I was sent off to bed before the bottle bullsh*t. Geoff Thorpe is a very self important arrogant little man, not to mention deceptive, conniving, petty, greedy and delusional. Larry Howe ain't far behind Geoff in the delusional, petty, arrogant and self important departments though I think he is a little too stupid to be deceptive and conniving. That isn't to say Geoff is smart. He isn't. The guy couldn't spell one of the words I used to describe him. Both of those d*ckheads are very lucky to have walked away from me without broken bones. Thaen and James deserve far better treatment than they were given, not to mention the poor treatment given to our friends and associates. Steven, VR's bass player, really needs to flee this sunken ship as their treatment of him actually eclipses their sh*tty treatment of everybody else. I would expect no return of Vicious Rumors and the world will be no poorer for it. They've been dropped by Mascot, lost the potential deal they had with AFM because of their unbelievably poor treatment of their meal ticket James Rivera, and have, and will have, no booking agency in the world due their avarice, stupidity, and inability to grasp reality. When you look up irrelevant in the dictionary there should be a picture of a shirtless fat Larry Howe and a denial-addled balding Geoff Thorpe shopping for sunglasses with someone else's money whilst leering at 13 year old girls. F*ck those c*nts."

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors   James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 9:22 am

OUCH! Not good at all. Too bad for Vicious Rumors. I really liked Warball. Looking forward to some new Helstar.

ult

PostSubject: Re: James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors   James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 9:23 am

Well that sums it up I guess! Smile
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors   James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 12:23 pm

Everyone knows James would not have staied anyway. He has a 2 album maximum in any band, besides Helstar, anyway!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors   James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 9:59 am

The Vicious Rumors camp has issued the following, rather generic, statement regarding JR's departure... awww, this is no fun! I wanted to see a full scale war of words goin' on!! :kickbutt:

VICIOUS RUMORS: We Are Not Splitting Up - Nov. 15, 2007

San Francisco Bay Area metallers VICIOUS RUMORS have issued the following update:

"VICIOUS RUMORS would like to thank all the fans and friends who supported the band over the last year on the 'World War Tour'. We had a great time with everyone at all the shows in the USA, Europe and Japan. As the 'Warball' tour ends the band is now in pre-production for a new studio CD to be released next year.

"Even though the band has gone through many changes over the years, VR has maintained a solid force in U.S. power metal over the last 25 years. VR has already written several new songs for the new CD to follow up 'Warball'.

"Due to artistic differences, singer James Rivera is no longer in VR. James was let go after the European tour in September 2007. Recently James Rivera has issued a statement saying VR was broken up after his departure with a list of other personal problems. We understand that HELSTAR is his true love and passion and wish them all the best.

"VR moves forward to next year with a new CD and a new lineup. After 25 years, 12 CDs and countless tours in no way has VICIOUS RUMORS split up. You can't kill rock n roll.

"Look for VR on tour with a new CD in 2008."

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors   James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 5:53 pm

Glad they took the high road with their press release.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors   James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 1:11 pm

V.R. has announced their new lead singer... Ronnie Stixx! Um... who? Good luck, pal. Don't let Geoff Thorpe throw anything at ya. Laughing

On an editorial note, this "press release" (direct from their site) reads like it was written by a twelve year old.

Vicious Rumors New Blood And The Ball Keeps Rolling
Vicious Rumors is proud to announce Ronnie Stixx as our new lead singer. The Ball keeps rolling with a new CD and tour dates to follow . Ronnie showed up and blew the band away with his powerful voice. The first night he sang with us it was like he was in the band for years.It was amazing Geoff said.
James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors Ronnie
Ronnie was born in Los Angels and raised in San Antonio Texas.He has made a name for himself in the metal world with a vocal style that is melodic and aggressive. Ronnie's main influence's are such great vocalist as Carl Albert (VR) Tony Harnell (TNT) and Ronnie James Dio. Ronnie is no stranger to the big stage performing at major festivals through out Europe and the USA .He has fronted such bands as England's Shadow Keep and Americas Divine Ruin.The VR Machine is back!!! A new CD and new Blood. Major world wide touring is in the works.The first show is March 29 at the Britannia Arms in Cupertino Ca.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors   James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

James Rivera Quits Vicious Rumors
Page 1 of 1