Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Distant Thunder - James Rivera

Go down 
+2
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Distant Thunder - James Rivera Empty
PostSubject: Distant Thunder - James Rivera   Distant Thunder - James Rivera Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 9:02 am

What's everyone's thoughts on this one off project by James Rivera & Co.?

PostSubject: Re: Distant Thunder - James Rivera   Distant Thunder - James Rivera Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 9:19 am

I had it. It was kinda of underwhelming. Not bad, just nothing that would have been a regular player for me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Distant Thunder - James Rivera   Distant Thunder - James Rivera Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 9:31 am

WELCOME THE END was not as good as most of the Helstar material (though I'd rank it above Helstar's mostly-boring MULTIPLES OF BLACK) but I'm a James Rivera fanboy so I still dug it. The cover of Accept's "Restless & Wild" was a nice touch.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Distant Thunder - James Rivera   Distant Thunder - James Rivera Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 11:57 am

I'm digging Welcome to the End, but like you, I'm a James Rivera fanboy and haven't found much I don't like. I actually like Multiples of Black a lot, despite the horrid production.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Distant Thunder - James Rivera   Distant Thunder - James Rivera Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 12:26 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I'm digging Welcome to the End, but like you, I'm a James Rivera fanboy and haven't found much I don't like. I actually like Multiples of Black a lot, despite the horrid production.

MULTIPLES has a few good songs on it (funny this came up today cuz I happened to give that disc its first spin in a long while) but the production pretty much kills it for me. The stuff on the JAMES RIVERA LEGACY disc sounds 1000x better and they're only demos!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Distant Thunder - James Rivera   Distant Thunder - James Rivera Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 12:32 pm

I really liked it, as I do most of what James is on. I added it to my website not long ago.

PostSubject: Re: Distant Thunder - James Rivera   Distant Thunder - James Rivera Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 4:24 pm

I dig it.

And Multiples of Black is my favorite Helstar album. Haha. I need that one on CD, though. I haven't listened to it in a decade, at least.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Distant Thunder - James Rivera   Distant Thunder - James Rivera Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 5:35 pm

What I heard from this album was dull. Sounded more like DESTINY'S END than HELSTAR.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Distant Thunder - James Rivera   Distant Thunder - James Rivera Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 6:45 pm

I've yet to hear it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Distant Thunder - James Rivera   Distant Thunder - James Rivera Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 8:36 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
What I heard from this album was dull. Sounded more like DESTINY'S END than HELSTAR.

I liked Destiny's End too. For some reason I liked them even more after seeing them live. 🤘

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Distant Thunder - James Rivera   Distant Thunder - James Rivera Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 3:49 am

Yes, DISTANT THUNDER released one cool album. I like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Distant Thunder - James Rivera   Distant Thunder - James Rivera Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Distant Thunder - James Rivera
Page 1 of 1