Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

snowing in Vegas

Go down 
+12
sam
scottmitchell74
Thrasher73
rattpoison
mc666
Required Fields
the sentinel
Schbopo
metalinmyveins
tohostudios
Lurideath
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

snowing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: snowing in Vegas   snowing in Vegas Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 6:33 pm

Dammit, I moved to the desert to keep avoiding snow and now it snows here. Its not sticking, but just the fact. Its nice to watch it fall, but I hate the cold (and yes to me its cold)
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

snowing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: snowing in Vegas   snowing in Vegas Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 7:12 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Dammit, I moved to the desert to keep avoiding snow and now it snows here. Its not sticking, but just the fact. Its nice to watch it fall, but I hate the cold (and yes to me its cold)

No sympathy from me.

Our high so far this week was 30. We've had 2 rounds of sleet, freezing rain, even freezing fog and more coming tomorrow. Although the high on Friday is supposed to be in the 50s. Of course, the high on Sunday is supposed to be 19. Gotta love St. Louis weather.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

snowing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: snowing in Vegas   snowing in Vegas Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 7:15 pm

Lurideath wrote:

My Mother just called me from the Venetian hotel in Vegas, and was laughing about how you guys are supposedly expecting 3-6" of snow??? They're supposed to fly out on Friday to go home which is on the south side of Indianapolis. She said, "I'm glad we brought coats".

lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

snowing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: snowing in Vegas   snowing in Vegas Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 7:30 pm

God I hate winter! And I'm stuck in Pennsylvania. I swear it's been snowing,sleeting,or raining just about everyday since before Thanksgiving.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

snowing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: snowing in Vegas   snowing in Vegas Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 7:39 pm

007 wrote:
God I hate winter! And I'm stuck in Pennsylvania. I swear it's been snowing,sleeting,or raining just about everyday since before Thanksgiving.

I grew up in PA. Spent the first 17 years of my life near Allentown.

I feel your pain.

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

snowing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: snowing in Vegas   snowing in Vegas Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:08 pm

I grew up in New Hampshire, where 2 feet of snow is barely anything. Now I'm in New Mexico, where 3 inches of snow is a reason to cancel school.

I'm not complaining. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

snowing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: snowing in Vegas   snowing in Vegas Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 11:50 pm

I think we are having a Noreaster on Friday. Peace.
Back to top Go down

snowing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: snowing in Vegas   snowing in Vegas Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 1:36 am

girly-boys....
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

snowing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: snowing in Vegas   snowing in Vegas Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 1:38 am

It's snowing out here as well. It's absolutely miserable out.

At least I get tomorrow off of work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

snowing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: snowing in Vegas   snowing in Vegas Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 1:45 am

you're all a bunch of wimps. if we get any accumulation this year (not likely), i'll break out the sled & have a ball.

snowing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: snowing in Vegas   snowing in Vegas Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 4:01 am

We're getting 10 to 14 inches on Friday. I love the winter, but shoveling is a pain in the balls. I hate hot weather. I hate to sweat, actually. Not a problem if I'm working out, kayaking, running, whatever. But when I'm going out to dinner and I'm sweating my balls off, I hate it! Four years in Little Rock, Arkansas was pure hell!

I should become a Christian, just in case. Satan will hate me. Nothing worse than a whiner in hell.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

snowing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: snowing in Vegas   snowing in Vegas Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 5:07 am

What's snow? don\'t know
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

snowing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: snowing in Vegas   snowing in Vegas Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 8:41 am

I bet that is weird to see Lurideath.Last summer when I was in Vegas it was friggin 120 degrees.Haha.
Here in Kentucky we've had Ice and Snow the last couple of days.Tomorrow suppose to be in the 50's.I've always heard people say "If you dont like the weather in Ky just wait 15 minutes".
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

snowing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: snowing in Vegas   snowing in Vegas Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 10:42 am

Sounds awesome!!

Quote :
you're all a bunch of wimps. if we get any accumulation this year (not likely), i'll break out the sled & have a ball.
Thank you! I agree, I love snow. I miss it.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

snowing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: snowing in Vegas   snowing in Vegas Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 12:01 pm

Gotta love the southeast, working nights in November I would freeze my ass off, now in December Its actually warm. scratch

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

snowing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: snowing in Vegas   snowing in Vegas Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 12:32 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
I bet that is weird to see Lurideath.Last summer when I was in Vegas it was friggin 120 degrees.Haha.
Here in Kentucky we've had Ice and Snow the last couple of days.Tomorrow suppose to be in the 50's.I've always heard people say "If you dont like the weather in Ky just wait 15 minutes".

Having lived in the Louisville, KY area, I totally agree with this. There are times when the area could get pounded with snow. If it was anywhere around a foot a snow, it literally shut the city down, but give it another week and it probably was off the ground. Louisville was the farthest I've ever lived to south, since I lived in the Indianapolis area the good portion of my life. I love their early springs, and somewhat later winters.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

snowing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: snowing in Vegas   snowing in Vegas Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 12:50 pm

Haha, snowing in Vegas and Raining in Norway!

snowing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: snowing in Vegas   snowing in Vegas Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 9:59 pm

I remember over in the Middle East, during the day it was like: Don't go out during the day without lots of water, else you die from heat exposure. Then at night: Don't go out at night without warm clothing, else you'll freeze to death. Shocked
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

snowing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: snowing in Vegas   snowing in Vegas Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 10:39 pm

Here were stuck in a cycle of snow aternating days of snow, then -10(F), then snow again. I have a 200 foot driveway that I have to clear to get to work, and when I get to work my job it snow removal. I could deal with it if I could get over the flu, but the flu just hangs on because I'm out in the weather all the time. I'm too old for this crap anymore. White Christmas Bah Humbug! angry
Back to top Go down

snowing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: snowing in Vegas   snowing in Vegas Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 10:44 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
Here were stuck in a cycle of snow aternating days of snow, then -10(F), then snow again. I have a 200 foot driveway that I have to clear to get to work, and when I get to work my job it snow removal. I could deal with it if I could get over the flu, but the flu just hangs on because I'm out in the weather all the time. I'm too old for this crap anymore. White Christmas Bah Humbug! angry

...and people say Hell is hot. HA! Smile
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

snowing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: snowing in Vegas   snowing in Vegas Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 2:23 am

spectrefate wrote:
SAHB Healer wrote:

...and people say Hell is hot. HA! Smile

Thankfully I've been able to avoid lapsing into self pity or anything like that at least Smile
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

snowing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: snowing in Vegas   snowing in Vegas Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 6:53 am

Quote :
I'm too old for this crap anymore.

I believe it's time for your "thank you for your serivce" pill to come in the mail! Razz
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

snowing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: snowing in Vegas   snowing in Vegas Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 10:40 am

It's snowing here in New Jersey right now... they're talkin' 8 to 10 inches... I will most likely bail from the workplace early if it gets too hairy.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

snowing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: snowing in Vegas   snowing in Vegas Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 12:04 pm

I saw some amazing snow in the San Bernardino mountains last week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

snowing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: snowing in Vegas   snowing in Vegas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

snowing in Vegas
Page 1 of 1