Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Howard the Duck coming to DVD March '09!

Go down 
+11
MetalGuy71
metalinmyveins
the sentinel
GrandNational
DeathCult
Schbopo
Addy
Troublezone
Leatherface
manny
Fat Freddy
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Howard the Duck coming to DVD March '09! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howard the Duck coming to DVD March '09!   Howard the Duck coming to DVD March '09! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 4:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
If you pre-order the "Howard" DVD on Amazon (official release date is March 10th), you can get it for $9.99. Woot! 🤘

However, you will also be branded with the stigma that you actually pre-ordered Howard the Duck on dvd and lose your credibility at the HoM. I ask you Freddy. Is that really worth the $9.99 price?

I didn't say I pre-ordered it, I merely posted the information. I have a shelf full of DVDs that I haven't watched yet so I'm not buyin' any more till most of them have been viewed.

Besides, I fully expect this release to tank so I'll wait... I'm fairly sure that I'll be able to get HTD on DVD out of the famed Wal-Mart five-dollar bin by the end of the year. Smile

The bin at my local WalMart is so huge that they have lost kids in there for days at a time. Very Happy

In a somewhat related 80's note. I saw a commercial for a 5 Disc Set release of the Original Ghostbusters cartoon on DVD for the first time ever. I remeber watching that years ago. The boogeyman's voice creeped me out. He sounded like Cronos from Venom.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Howard the Duck coming to DVD March '09!   Howard the Duck coming to DVD March '09! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 2:56 pm

Howard's DVD comes out tomorrow! 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Howard the Duck coming to DVD March '09!   Howard the Duck coming to DVD March '09! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 2:59 pm

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Howard the Duck coming to DVD March '09!   Howard the Duck coming to DVD March '09! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 3:01 pm

And who knows, if "Howard" sells enough DVDs... someday we might see this...

Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: Howard the Duck coming to DVD March '09!   Howard the Duck coming to DVD March '09! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 9:28 pm

Haven't seen it since I was a kid, but I do remember liking it. Not so sure if I would now, though.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Howard the Duck coming to DVD March '09!   Howard the Duck coming to DVD March '09! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 1:07 pm

Apparently this movie has been out on DVD in several European countries for years. The new American DVD has new bonus features, and an overall better sound/picture quality, from what I understand.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Necrosultan

Number of posts : 62

PostSubject: Re: Howard the Duck coming to DVD March '09!   Howard the Duck coming to DVD March '09! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 12:14 pm

So it's finally coming out on DVD? How interesting. I'm glad someone posted this - thanks Fat Freddy!

And well...saw this movie back in the 80's when it aired on HBO. To me it had that same charm as other Sci-Fi's of the time (like ''Back To The Future'' and such; probably because of Lea Thompson). But who knows how the movie has aged for me, since I was only like 6 or 7 at the time.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Howard the Duck coming to DVD March '09!   Howard the Duck coming to DVD March '09! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 9:27 pm

Howard the Duck is awesome. But it pops up enough on Encore/Encore On Demand that I'm not worried about owning it.

Netflix >>>> buying DVDs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howard the Duck coming to DVD March '09!   Howard the Duck coming to DVD March '09! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 9:28 pm

Quote :
Netflix >>>> buying DVDs

aint that the truth. I have seen a billion and one music dvds through Netflix I never would have seen otherwise. I swear by it.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Howard the Duck coming to DVD March '09!   Howard the Duck coming to DVD March '09! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 9:29 pm

Necrosultan wrote:

And well...saw this movie back in the 80's when it aired on HBO.

lol!

That was my first exposure to it as well. Seemed like HBO would show Howard the Duck, Dirty Dancing, Back to the Future, and Gremlins everyday.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Howard the Duck coming to DVD March '09!   Howard the Duck coming to DVD March '09! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 9:33 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
Netflix >>>> buying DVDs

aint that the truth. I have seen a billion and one music dvds through Netflix I never would have seen otherwise. I swear by it.

Yessir! It's almost too good of a deal to be true. I'm on the 2-DVD plan and I feel like I'm ripping them off. How quick do you get yours? I mail'em back, get an email the next day telling me they got it, then the next day my latest pick shows up. 🤘

I've been burning through all the Mystery Science Theater 3000 DVDs. I own 3 or 4 of the earlier sets, but they are too much for me to purchase these days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howard the Duck coming to DVD March '09!   Howard the Duck coming to DVD March '09! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 9:36 pm

Yeah MM, mine come that quick as well. It helps to be close to a big city. Luckily, I am smack dab between 2, Tampa and Orlando, so getting DVDs is not a problem at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howard the Duck coming to DVD March '09!   Howard the Duck coming to DVD March '09! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Howard the Duck coming to DVD March '09!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2