Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question for the musicians of the board.

Go down 
+11
Stender
sam
MetalRob331
thejokeriv
Hamer12
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
A Handful of Wayne
tohostudios
metalinmyveins
manny
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Question for the musicians of the board. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for the musicians of the board.   Question for the musicians of the board. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:12 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Stender wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I can read the treble clef staff.

If you can read treble you can read bass clef too...the notes on the staff are just a half step lower. Razz

That's interesting. Never had to look at the bass clef because a trumpet can't make those notes anyway.

Same here. I played trumpet in highschool. The bass clef is a little harder because it seems like everything is backwards to those who are used to playing in treble clef...dosnt help when your a little dislectic also. Very Happy I had to learn it pretty good for the music theory class I was taking anyway though.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Question for the musicians of the board.   Question for the musicians of the board. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:12 am

I took guitar lessons for awhile in high school but i've mostly learned from messing around and watching others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for the musicians of the board.   Question for the musicians of the board. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 10:00 am

Not me. I can read tab a little bit...I never even know what key I'm in.. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for the musicians of the board.   Question for the musicians of the board. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 10:13 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yep, I resemble that remark. But it also doesn't help that I play in a variety of different tunings (drop D, double drop D, DADGAD, EBEEBE, drop C#, etc.)
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Question for the musicians of the board.   Question for the musicians of the board. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 11:10 am

I took piano lessons for a bit when I was younger, but it never stuck with me. I can read tab and play by ear, but I've never really had a need to read music. I wish that I could, but I can't. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Question for the musicians of the board.   Question for the musicians of the board. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 3:16 pm

I have played music throughout my entire schooling career, and have been able to read it since the very beginning. I can also read tab, and prefer it sometimes when I am learning a new song on the bass. But for piano and saxophone, I read the sheet music.

I'm school now to learn how to read alto and tenor clefs in addition to treble and bass.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Question for the musicians of the board.   Question for the musicians of the board. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:31 pm

detuned wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yep, I resemble that remark. But it also doesn't help that I play in a variety of different tunings (drop D, double drop D, DADGAD, EBEEBE, drop C#, etc.)

HAHAHA yea me too, the wide variety of music i like to play makes me tune all over the place. So many guitarists use different tunings you kind of need more then 1 guitar. Sad to say i only have 1 at the moment and it gets abused with all the tunings i do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for the musicians of the board.   Question for the musicians of the board. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question for the musicians of the board.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2