Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks!

Go down 
+18
MetalGuy71
Addy
AngelRipper16
XYZ
Stender
MetalRob331
Required Fields
sam
DeathCult
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
Smindas
A Handful of Wayne
stevegarveyfan
mc666
rattpoison
SAHB Healer
Troublezone
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks!   You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 2:50 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
There are some awesome hidden tracks like on Flaw's Inner Strength
Indeed. The piano version is killer! But again, that song should just be the next song, separate track, no 20 minutes of silence, just don't list it. It's a pain to get to that song, unless you rip it, split it, and cut out the silence.

i agree especially if you like the track you have to skip to the last song then fast forward or listen to the track before you can get to hidden one.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks!   You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 7:42 pm

detuned wrote:
SAHB Healer wrote:
Another thing I didn't like was the way Kyuss "Sky Valley" was recorded in blocs of three songs to a track. I can't find the song I'm looking for. It is like the FF cassette days.

The band wanted it to be 1 track only, the record company "convinced" them to split it into 3 song suites. There is a note inside the sleeve that says "listen without distraction" or something like that, so they wanted people to listen to the entire record. yeah, it's still kind of stupid...I cut up my own copy of this one years ago.

I did that too.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks!   You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 8:56 pm

I dont know, they're not that big a deal to me. Probably cause I dont use shuffle a whole lot.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks!   You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 10:23 pm

As long as they're funny or awesome, I don't care.
Back to top Go down
AngelRipper16
Metal novice
Metal novice
AngelRipper16

Number of posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks!   You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:20 am

Hmm... when I think about it, I don't think I've heard or noticed any "hidden" track on any of my CD's. Guess I'm not the one who sit and wait 30 seconds for something that "might" show up. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks!   You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 9:20 am

They dont bother me
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks!   You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 11:44 am

I just picked up a copy of Orange Goblin's The Big Black and it has a hidden track on it. The problem is, you have to sit through track 11, which is a 3 minute song, then goes into a 8 minute recording of someone's drunken ramblings on an answering machine before it goes into a cool cover of Black Sabbath's "Hand of Doom". Really annoying.

Cool band though.

PostSubject: Re: You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks!   You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 12:28 pm

I'd rather they be "hidden" as in not listed...but keep them a separate track...like the CD cover will say 12 tracks, but when you pop in the CD it has 13...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks!   You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 5:05 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I'd rather they be "hidden" as in not listed...but keep them a separate track...like the CD cover will say 12 tracks, but when you pop in the CD it has 13...
Right. Some bands do this, and that's awesome. But some bands do it, and track 13 is 30 minutes long, with the song being the last 4. Those bands are wackadouches!
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks!   You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 5:07 pm

Didn't Korn have like 90 silent tracks on Follow the Leader before the music actually started?
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks!   You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 3:10 pm

I like it when an album is re-issued and the "hidden" track is now a bonus track that's not hidden anymore. More bands should do this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks!   You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 3:35 pm

xyz wrote:
Didn't Korn have like 90 silent tracks on Follow the Leader before the music actually started?
No. The first track started at 13, which is ridiculous. The first 12 were like 15 seconds of silence each. There is nothing creative about this sort of thing. Haha.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks!   You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 6:10 pm

Most hidden tracks are either random noise (Nirvana's Nevermind) or a song that is a throw away ( Jesus Saves from Fight), most of the time these hidden tracks are a waste.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks!   You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 6:17 pm

The worst is W.F.O. by Overkill. I happened to be driving down the road one night and "Gasoline Dream" had just ended. I had forgotten about the bonus tracks. Normally silence isn't golden, but for some reason it didn't bother me that everything was quiet and still. Well needless to say, after the 3 minutes off no music ended and track 99 kicked in, the deafening roar scared me so much, I almost went off the road. I promised myself to never forget about that again. Man it pissed me off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks!   You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 12:15 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
The worst is W.F.O. by Overkill. I happened to be driving down the road one night and "Gasoline Dream" had just ended. I had forgotten about the bonus tracks. Normally silence isn't golden, but for some reason it didn't bother me that everything was quiet and still. Well needless to say, after the 3 minutes off no music ended and track 99 kicked in, the deafening roar scared me so much, I almost went off the road. I promised myself to never forget about that again. Man it pissed me off.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks!   You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 1:48 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
You ever heard "Things Beyond Things" by Devin Townsend? Initially it was a hidden track, and it's FANTASTIC! Brilliant song, one of my favs. Inside Out editions list it as a bonus track, but there's one thing the same. Devin lets out this insane scream a bit after the song finishes. Scares the hell out of me every time. The song is wicked mellow, then he lets it rip. It sucks. Haha.

No scream on that clip, thankfully. Awesome tune, though.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks!   You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 4:05 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

Laughing very hard

The record company should have had a disclaimer on this album. "If one is driving at night with this CD playing, please be advised of track 99 after the 3 1/2 minutes of dead silence". This scared the piss out of me more than the deer I hit over 2 weeks ago going 70MPH.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks!   You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 4:11 pm

Eyesore wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
You ever heard "Things Beyond Things" by Devin Townsend? Initially it was a hidden track, and it's FANTASTIC! Brilliant song, one of my favs. Inside Out editions list it as a bonus track, but there's one thing the same. Devin lets out this insane scream a bit after the song finishes. Scares the hell out of me every time. The song is wicked mellow, then he lets it rip. It sucks. Haha.

No scream on that clip, thankfully. Awesome tune, though.

If I would've been listening to that on that same night, I would've definitely crashed on the interstate. I felt like Clark Griswold in Vacation (after he was asleep for a good minute at the wheel)..."We're here"! I wasn't asleep, I mean how can you go to sleep after jamming to "Gasoline Dream"? But, I was in this peaceful state, and then I think D'D's base was came on, and it was like oh smurf poo. I know the steering wheel definitely jerked. Thank God, I wasn't really sharing the road with anyone that night.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks!   You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:28 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Theres a Overkill album that does this too maybe WFO I forget but it skips through different tracks til it gets to 99 and then the song isnt even worth the wait. Its just them goofing around.

There is an album from ex-Christian black metal band Kekal like that with 77 tracks. I don't mind these because I rip my CDs to my computer and can bypass the blank songs. It's the 5-7 minutes of dead air between the last song and the hidden one, especially at work where I can't sit there and fast forward til I get to it. What I really hate is the last song being lets say 15 minutes long and the regular song is only 4 minutes and the hidden one is less than a minute.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks!   You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You Know What I Hate? Hidden Tracks!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2