Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Michael Jackson

Go down 
+11
spiritoradio
Fat Freddy
YngwieDokkenfan
Addy
Neuropete
TheGooch
DallasBlack
XYZ
MetalRob331
manny
Schbopo
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Michael Jackson - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson   Michael Jackson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 3:45 pm

Michael is truly an American tragedy in every sense of the word. Dallas Black touched on this point regarding Joe and his evil maniacal tendencies, and the controlling of his son's life to the point where he had no life. All that being said, it doesn't excuse what he's become, but I would say let Michael Jackson be an example to all parents out there who not only want to live vicariously through their children, but also want to try and develop them into the next superstar.

I don't know if anyone ever saw the show Danny Bonaduce hosted called, "I Know My Kid's a Star"? The one common ingredient in that show was that all of those parents in some way shape or form were nuts. I wasn't a regular viewer of this show, but every once in a while I would check it out. After watching some of these mothers for the better part of 5 minutes, I had to turn the station. It made me so thankful to have the parents/childhood that I had!

As far as Michael's career goes, I really like his stuff from the Jackson 5. My favorite Michael album would probably be "Off The Wall', with "Thriller" as a close second. Certainly nobody can argue with the thought that "Thriller" is his quintessential album, or that "Thriller" is the quintessential album of the 80's. It's scary to think that there wasn't a black singer on MTV before Michael Jackson!!! I also knew plenty of metalheads that enjoyed Michael as their guilty pleasure in life, so there was something to be said about his appeal back in the day. When "Thriller" came out, I can tell you that like everyone else, it was all about songs like "Billie Jean", "Beat It", and "Thriller", but as time went on for me these songs dropped back. If I were to rank the songs on that album, it would be:

1. P.Y.T.
2. Human Nature
3. Billie Jean
4. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
5. Thriller
6. The Girl Is Mine
7. Beat It
8. The Lady In My Life
9. Baby Be Mine
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Michael Jackson - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson   Michael Jackson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 5:11 pm

It is funny when he was at the height of his popularity I was 13 or 14 and I hated his music. It really had to do with my age, at that point in my life if it wasn't metal it wasn't crap to me stage.

Years later I find myself apprecating his songwriting and singing skills. I agree with Metalinveins his life and career is a cautionary tale.
Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2