Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd

Go down 
+6
MetalRob331
MetalH
INVADERS
Smindas
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
10 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd Empty
PostSubject: Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd   Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:25 pm

Century Media is taking pre-orders for this release (11/18/08).
https://www.cmdistro.com/specials.aspx#29163

4 different formats to choose from:

2 DVD's ($12)
2 CD's ($10)
Vinyl (4 LP's, I guess? I dunno)
Deluxe Package (2 dvd's/2cd's)

You get a poster too if you pre-order (whoopie!)

I'm not usually one to pre-order things, but I ain't missing out again. I dropped the ball when Jeff Loomis's solo album came out and I could've pre-ordered it for $8. Now it's $10 and out of stock (although only temporary I'm sure). I ordered the double-cd for only $10 bucks. These guys are easily one of my favorite bands that have come along in the last 10 or so years and I've never been disappointed with any of their releases. Chances are this will probably be as close as I'll get to hearing them live.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd   Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 3:44 pm

I only like Nevermore mainly because of Jeff Loomis so it would be cool to check out the dvd i guess.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd   Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 3:47 pm

Definitely intend to pick this one up at some point, Nevermore are one of the best live bands I've ever seen.

Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd   Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 6:41 am

It's an awesome DVD.
Excellent concert, supreme, crystal-clear sound quality, and a lot of really cool extras.
Well worth picking up.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd   Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 12:57 pm

INVADERS wrote:
It's an awesome DVD.
Excellent concert, supreme, crystal-clear sound quality, and a lot of really cool extras.
Well worth picking up.

You've seen it already?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd   Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 2:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
INVADERS wrote:
It's an awesome DVD.
Well worth picking up.

You've seen it already?

EDIT: My bad. Apparently the dvd came out Oct. 20th. It's the cd that doesn't come out, or "drop" as the kids are saying these days, until Nov. 18th.

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd   Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 9:30 am

I haven't listened to NEVERMORE in a long time...used to be a band I listened to a lot up through and including Dead Heart In A Dead World...saw that tour, even...I think I need to revisit them...
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd   Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 9:45 am

I'd argue that their most recent album, This Godless Endeavour is better than Dead Heart In A Dead World and I love Dead Heart. Definitely worth a revisit Shawn, if only for the song 'This Godless Endeavour' itself.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd   Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:14 am

Smindas wrote:
I'd argue that their most recent album, This Godless Endeavour is better than Dead Heart In A Dead World and I love Dead Heart. Definitely worth a revisit Shawn, if only for the song 'This Godless Endeavour' itself.

I'd pretty much second that opinion. I think every album they're released since their s/t debut topped the previous cd. They just got better and better with each release as far as I'm concerned. And like you, Smindas, Dead Heart is still my favorite. "Believe in Nothing" is my favorite song. So stark and depressing. I love it!

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd   Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:22 pm

I think I will...thanks for the push. cool
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd   Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 3:35 pm

I hate to say this, but I'm disappointed with this live cd. It's a perfect example of why I'm pretty luke-warm about most live cd's in general. First the good points.

Production-wise, it sounds great. The band sounds great, vocals clean and clear. I'm not as finely tuned hearing-wise as some of the other members of the board, but it sounds fine to me. And the band plays a nice selection of their tunes, covering their entire discography.

The problem that I have with this cd is the very cut & paste nature of the live album. The songs played live sound pretty much the same way they sound on their albums. Nothing heavier, faster, no extended solos, no jams or anything. And no cover tunes or rare tracks played live. There is nothing here that you can't get from listening to the studio recordings, aside from a little lame stage banter and a little crowd noise. I know for some people, they like the sound of a band in a live setting and that's fine if that's your thing. For me, if I'm purchasing a live album, I want there to be something more that I can't get from the studio releases.

It's a double cd and I only paid $10 bucks for it, so I ain't complaining. Well, not too much anyway. Since I'm a fan, it will keep my discography complete and I'm sure it will get more spins from time to time, but I don't see it being ranked up there with some other legenday live albums.

Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd   Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 3:46 pm

I've never heard anything live from Nevermore, so it might be cool to check out.

For me, Dead Heart is the best although I do really enjoy This Godless Endeavor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd   Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 6:58 pm

Been re-cranking the NEVERMORE...awesome band!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd   Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 7:52 pm

MetalH wrote:
I've never heard anything live from Nevermore, so it might be cool to check out.

For me, Dead Heart is the best although I do really enjoy This Godless Endeavor.

Dead Heart is my fav also, as well as one of my favs ever!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd   Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 6:40 pm

I think it's a great dvd set. The live show on disc 1 is really good. Disc 2 has some good footage on it with the short set from Wacken. The footage from Gigantour and Century Media's 10th Anniversary dvd is already available so it would have been good to have some different footage. But overall, it's still a great purchase.
Back to top Go down
plancha7
Metal novice
Metal novice
plancha7

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd   Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 7:56 pm

'Dreaming Neon Black' from this is unbelievably fantastic.

An Everest of heavy, man.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd   Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 11:22 pm

This is an awesome release.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd   Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 9:21 am

I have not heard a bad song, let alone a bad album from this band. This is one of my top ten bands, and Dead Heart and Godless Endeavour would most likely be "desert island" discs for me. I also think that Warrel and Jeff's solo albums are brilliant releases, managing to keep a connection to Nevermore and yet sound completely different at the same time. This band's place in metal history is cemented solidly, even if we don't yet realize the influence they wield. 🤘
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd   Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 10:49 am

sam wrote:

It's growing on me a little more with repeated spins. Really, it's not a "bad" album in the least. I'm just disappointed by it's paint-by-numbers approach.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd   Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 12:43 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
sam wrote:

It's growing on me a little more with repeated spins. Really, it's not a "bad" album in the least. I'm just disappointed by it's paint-by-numbers approach.

the only thing that disappointed me about was that the other shows on the second disc had pretty much the same songs as on the first disc. I was hoping for some other songs like "sanity assassin" and "the tainaimein man" to be played on one of the discs. It's a strong release otherwise, gives some sweet power to some of the older songs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd   Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nevermore - Year of the Voyager Live dvd/cd
Page 1 of 1