Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kid Rock

Go down 
+8
Fat Freddy
rattpoison
Schbopo
MetalRob331
tohostudios
manny
Addy
fingers
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Kid Rock - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kid Rock   Kid Rock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 10:20 am

"I just need a sample 'cause no one says it's wrong
It's so easy to rip off using someone else's song
Everybody wants to be a star in modern day
But if I don't have talent then I'll just get by this way"

-- Metal Church, "The Human Factor"

Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Kid Rock - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kid Rock   Kid Rock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 11:52 am

spectrefate wrote:
I guess I don't know why an artist would choose to take samples from
other songs rather than create something themselves. I understand
people like things they are familiar with and the melodies of the
Werewolves song and Sweet Home Alabama are widely known, but from an
artistic standpoint it's pretty swarthy to use other peoples ideas,
even if you do pay the original artists for them. If you use someone
else's stuff, use it all and make a cover song instead of cherry
picking this and that and putting your own stupid words over top of it.

My dad had me listen to this song, and not that I am a fan of Kid Rock, but it is not that bad of a song and I believe the reason those melodies are used is because of the reference made inside the lyrics to those melodies. I think the artistic part in this song might be the integration of the two melodies and the reference to the melodies in the lyrics. It is not a song that would have me run out and buy the album, well I never have wanted to buy a Kid rock album as he just does not appeal to me enough to wanna buy one.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Kid Rock - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kid Rock   Kid Rock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 12:00 pm

Why is it in music it is ok to sample someone else's work and than claim you created a new song? If I make a movie using nothing but film clips from various movies and director's nobody would claim that I made an original film.

If I wrote book made up of nothing but random sentences and chapters from various authors nobody would claim I am genius, if anything I would be sued for plagiarism.
Back to top Go down

Kid Rock - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kid Rock   Kid Rock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 12:20 pm

manny wrote:
Why is it in music it is ok to sample someone else's work and than claim you created a new song? If I make a movie using nothing but film clips from various movies and director's nobody would claim that I made an original film.

If I wrote book made up of nothing but random sentences and chapters from various authors nobody would claim I am genius, if anything I would be sued for plagiarism.

From what I gather, it isn't plagiarism if you pay the original artist and add your own spin to the material. It's been that way since the beginning of rap.
Back to top Go down

Kid Rock - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kid Rock   Kid Rock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 1:10 pm

spectrefate wrote:
manny wrote:

From what I gather, it isn't plagiarism if you pay the original artist and add your own spin to the material. It's been that way since the beginning of rap.

Look how many books reference and re-tell the Dracula story...
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Kid Rock - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kid Rock   Kid Rock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 2:18 pm

Kid Rock is just playing the music he loves.
Back to top Go down

Kid Rock - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kid Rock   Kid Rock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 2:23 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:

So do I. On my stereo. I don't make money from it.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Kid Rock - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kid Rock   Kid Rock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 3:25 pm

spectrefate wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

So do I. On my stereo. I don't make money from it.

it all boils down to making a name for youself, he has and he seems to be running with it. I especially like Sad But True his versions pumps me up more then Metallicas.
Back to top Go down

Kid Rock - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kid Rock   Kid Rock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 3:34 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I guess I don't know why an artist would choose to take samples from
other songs rather than create something themselves. I understand
people like things they are familiar with and the melodies of the
Werewolves song and Sweet Home Alabama are widely known, but from an
artistic standpoint it's pretty swarthy to use other peoples ideas,
even if you do pay the original artists for them. If you use someone
else's stuff, use it all and make a cover song instead of cherry
picking this and that and putting your own stupid words over top of it.
So be unoriginal then? Makes sense.
Back to top Go down

Kid Rock - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kid Rock   Kid Rock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 3:37 pm

Eyesore wrote:

If you are implying that Kid Rock is original, then I believe you may be deaf.
Back to top Go down

Kid Rock - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kid Rock   Kid Rock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 3:41 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

If you are implying that Kid Rock is original, then I believe you may be deaf.
Thanks for ignoring your previous lapse of logic.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Kid Rock - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kid Rock   Kid Rock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 6:41 pm

My feeling on Kid Rock is this, I think his music is just okay. I just got rid of his first two C.D's that I owned. It feels very dated to me, and not the least bit nostalgic. All that being said, I find Kid Rock to be interesting guy. He definitely has a connection to all genres of music, so from the standpoint, I have to salute the guy. He also seems to be a guy's guy. There isn't any pretentiousness there, and he really appreciates his roots. Most people when they make it big, go off to L.A, Vegas, etc. This guy is all about where he came from, which is Michigan.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Kid Rock - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kid Rock   Kid Rock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 9:19 am

Kid Rock is not original most artists today are not original IMO

Doesnt make them terrible not in the least
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

Kid Rock - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kid Rock   Kid Rock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 10:44 am

i like KID ROCK ...06.12.08 .. Vienna, Austria ... sad, that i can't see him. still thinking he's young, so i have not to worry, that i will not see him live/alive in EU, should be '09 again or 2010.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Kid Rock - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kid Rock   Kid Rock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 8:17 pm

I like it when he tries to rap old skool he flows like water
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

Kid Rock - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kid Rock   Kid Rock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 6:29 pm

To me he is kind of hit and miss. Some of his stuff is pretty good while others just sound like crap to me. I am glad that he has left that hip hop stuff behind and moved into the country / southern rock genre. T-shirts and jeans seem to fit his image better than pimp attire.

I do have most of his albums but rarely ever play any of them, I have just picked a handful of songs out of all of them and put 'em on my Ipod and hear them when shuffle mode brings them around.

I did like him in Joe Dirt, thought he was pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

Kid Rock - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kid Rock   Kid Rock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 11:51 am

For the life of me I cannot understand how "All Summer Long" became such a hit? It must be 'cause the kids nowadays do not remember the original songs. I know there are different tastes, and that obviously many people like his music. But, I personally find his style derivitive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kid Rock - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kid Rock   Kid Rock - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kid Rock
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2