Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies

Go down 
+10
sam
Stender
Rex
A Handful of Wayne
manny
kmorg
Required Fields
tohostudios
ultmetal
mc666
14 posters
AuthorMessage

SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies Empty
PostSubject: SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies   SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 1:34 pm

http://www.bravewords.com/news/99980

45 years old. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies   SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 1:51 pm

sad to hear. 45 is still pretty young.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies   SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 1:56 pm

That's sad. Can't read Blabbermouth at work, but will check out the article later. Thanks for posting it.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies   SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 2:09 pm

Wow! That's really sad. I really like his voice too.

PostSubject: Shadow Gallery singer gone at 45.   SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 2:14 pm

Sad
FROM BLABBERMOUTH:

Vocalist Michael A. Baker of progressive power metallers SHADOW GALLERY died on Wednesday afternoon, October 29, 2008 after suffering a heart attack. He was 45 years old.

Mike was a founding member of SHADOW GALLERY and for the past 16 years, helped shape the band's sound with his magical voice. Additionally, he made many appearances on rock records around the world.

According to a statement from SHADOW GALLERY, "Those who knew Mike best were moved by his gentle spirit, sincere kindness, fun nature and passion for both music and sports. He was a warrior in the studio, a true professional. Mike was our friend, our singer and our brother. We loved him and will miss him enormously, but he will always be remembered in our hearts and through his music."

Magna Carta Records last year issued a "best-of" collection from SHADOW GALLERY, entitled "Prime Cuts". The CD featured 12 tracks chosen by the band, including a previously unreleased demo from the "Carved In Stone" sessions ("Rule The World") and edits of two tracks from the "Legacy" LP ("The Crusher" and "Colors").

SHADOW GALLERY began in the early 1980s under the name SORCERER, changing their name just in time to sign with Magna Carta Records in 1991. It was a young band joining forces with a young label. Both were doing something brave and fraught with risk: They were making music that is complex enough to merit careful attention, built around a compelling but oddly non-commercial blend of virtuosity and emotion, and saying that maybe there's a place in the world for something other than three-minute songs. SHADOW GALLERY uses its chops to tell stories — big stories, sometimes so big they have to span across multiple albums.

SHADOW GALLERY's fifth album, "Room V", was released in May 2005 via InsideOut Music.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies   SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 2:32 pm

My condolences to his friends and family.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies   SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 3:05 pm

R.I.P

Sad new indeed!

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies   SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 3:18 pm

45. Heart attack. That's just scary.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies   SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 3:31 pm

That's terrible, I am not very familiar with his music, but as someone stated 45 is too young to die. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies   SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 3:41 pm

Wow ...thats a shame... sad news.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies   SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 3:59 pm

Terrible news indeed. The dude had a GREAT voice.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies   SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 6:51 pm

Very unfortunate.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies   SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 9:07 pm

Sucks bad. I love shadow gallery. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies   SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 11:12 pm

One of my all time favorite vocalists taken away before his time. This is very sad news indeed and a great loss to the metal world. R.I.P Mike Baker.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies   SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 5:57 pm

Terrible, sad news. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies   SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 4:39 pm

I always loved his voice on the Shadow Gallery records, and thought he was fantastic on The Human Equation
as well. By all accounts, he was really great guy, and it's a tragic
loss to have him pass at such a young age. R.I.P. Mike, and my thoughts
are with your family and friends.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies   SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 2:00 pm

R.I.P. brother. Room V is one of my favorite albums all-time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies   SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SHADOW GALLERY vocalist dies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: