Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Long Lost Early Metallica Demos?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Long Lost Early Metallica Demos? Empty
PostSubject: Long Lost Early Metallica Demos?   Long Lost Early Metallica Demos? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 2:02 am

ZEOTZ - "DEMENTIA" & "FORSAKEN LIFE"

No. But to the unsuspecting ear you could probably convince someone these were early Metallica demos.

About 10 years ago I was sent a cassette tape from a girl in Singapore. She recorded this compilation called Myx Metal Assault onto the tape for me. The tape ruled! There were a ton of killer bands on it. A couple years ago I found Den at Sentinel Steel selling CD copies of the compilation for $5.88. So I picked it up, of course. It remains a killer CD.

Zeotz is a band that stood out to me. Mainly because of their obvious Metallica influence. The vocalist sounds a lot like an early James Hetfield. I only have the two songs from this band. I'd love to hear more, but I don't even know if they ever recorded anything else. They're not even listed on Metal Archives.

Anyway, these two songs are awesome. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Long Lost Early Metallica Demos?   Long Lost Early Metallica Demos? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 4:07 am

Thank you Eyesore! This sounds very interesting to me, so I googled a little bit and foUnd the bands homepage and some odd videos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Long Lost Early Metallica Demos?   Long Lost Early Metallica Demos? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 5:30 am

the singer sounds quite a bit like hetfield...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Long Lost Early Metallica Demos?   Long Lost Early Metallica Demos? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 10:54 am

All these bands that people say sound like Metallica never do, people usually gauge it almost entirely on the singer which is how most critics evaluate metal as well.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Long Lost Early Metallica Demos?   Long Lost Early Metallica Demos? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 11:04 am

Not bad.

Judging by their not-updated-since-around-1998 website, I'm guessing they are no more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Long Lost Early Metallica Demos?   Long Lost Early Metallica Demos? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 1:14 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
All these bands that people say sound like Metallica never do, people usually gauge it almost entirely on the singer which is how most critics evaluate metal as well.
Did you listen to the songs first?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Long Lost Early Metallica Demos?   Long Lost Early Metallica Demos? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 1:21 pm

ghost wrote:
Thank you Eyesore! This sounds very interesting to me, so I googled a little bit and foUnd the bands homepage and some odd videos.
Yeah, odd videos. It doesn't sound like the same band at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long Lost Early Metallica Demos?   Long Lost Early Metallica Demos? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Long Lost Early Metallica Demos?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: