Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metallica Early Demo On CD?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Metallica Early Demo On CD? Empty
PostSubject: Metallica Early Demo On CD?   Metallica Early Demo On CD? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 9:59 pm

Is there any Metallica early performance like Metal Up Your Ass on CD? I'm searching for one. I have no Metallica stuff. My bro have some downloaded things but I want the true things. I'm searching for an early thing. I was thinking about No Life 'Til Leather but is it on CD?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Early Demo On CD?   Metallica Early Demo On CD? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 10:25 pm

I have a bootleg Metallica disc called BAY AREA THRASHERS: THE EARLY DAYS which is supposedly "early live material" but from what I've read, it's merely the "No Life Til Leather" demo tape with crowd noise pasted over the top of it. Not so sure if that's true but the sound quality of the CD is god-awful either way.

I've seen the No Life Til Leather demo on various bootleg vinyls and things over the years, so I'm sure it's out there on CD somewhere... or available as a download, you just need to know where to look Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Early Demo On CD?   Metallica Early Demo On CD? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 10:35 pm

Ok bro thanks! 🤘 Will watch for it...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Early Demo On CD?   Metallica Early Demo On CD? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 10:41 pm

Happy hunting. 🤘
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Early Demo On CD?   Metallica Early Demo On CD? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 11:03 pm

Quote :
I have a bootleg Metallica disc called BAY AREA THRASHERS: THE EARLY DAYS which is supposedly "early live material" but from what I've read, it's merely the "No Life Til Leather" demo tape with crowd noise pasted over the top of it.

That is EXACTLY what it is. I have both the demo AND Bay Area Thrashers, and there is NO DIFFERENCE at all, except for the crowd noise that was dubbed in...

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Early Demo On CD?   Metallica Early Demo On CD? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 11:12 pm

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
Quote :
I have a bootleg Metallica disc called BAY AREA THRASHERS: THE EARLY DAYS which is supposedly "early live material" but from what I've read, it's merely the "No Life Til Leather" demo tape with crowd noise pasted over the top of it.

That is EXACTLY what it is. I have both the demo AND Bay Area Thrashers, and there is NO DIFFERENCE at all, except for the crowd noise that was dubbed in...

Arttie

Yep, that's what I figured. So at least I have the "No Life Til Leather" demo in SOME format (even though it's almost unlistenable since the quality is crap-ola!!)...I really only keep it around as a curiosity item... Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Early Demo On CD?   Metallica Early Demo On CD? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 12:55 am

I have a bootleg called Garage Complete: The Early Unoffical Anthology (1981–1983). It contains the No Life Till Leather demo, three demos from before that one, and four demos from the Ride The Lightning Sessions.

This is an old Stay Sharp Records bootleg from Italy. It's a really solid boot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Early Demo On CD?   Metallica Early Demo On CD? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 8:14 am

Thanks! So Bay Area Trashers is one that I could buy for ?$$$?

(And sorry but I wanna be sure is the Bay Area Trashers copie the one without crappy noise behind?)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Early Demo On CD?   Metallica Early Demo On CD? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 9:26 am

AceFrehley655 wrote:

(And sorry but I wanna be sure is the Bay Area Trashers copie the one without crappy noise behind?)

NO, NO, NO, unless you just want it as a collector's item, you do NOT want "Bay Area Thrashers." The quality is awful, it sounds like crap.

I'm not familiar with the "Garage Complete" boot that Eyesore recommended, but it sounds like it's a better bet than "Bay Area Thrashers."
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Early Demo On CD?   Metallica Early Demo On CD? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 9:39 am

Just download them here.

http://demos.metpage.org/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Early Demo On CD?   Metallica Early Demo On CD? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 10:18 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
AceFrehley655 wrote:

NO, NO, NO, unless you just want it as a collector's item, you do NOT want "Bay Area Thrashers." The quality is awful, it sounds like crap.

I'm not familiar with the "Garage Complete" boot that Eyesore recommended, but it sounds like it's a better bet than "Bay Area Thrashers."

Ok! I'll search for No Life 'Til Leather or Garage Complete.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Early Demo On CD?   Metallica Early Demo On CD? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 12:30 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Just download them here.

Hey, that's a sweet page. Thanks for the tip! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Early Demo On CD?   Metallica Early Demo On CD? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 12:47 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
Just download them here.

No prob. I actually listen to NLTL more then Kill Em All.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Early Demo On CD?   Metallica Early Demo On CD? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 3:17 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
Just download them here.

No prob. I actually listen to NLTL more then Kill Em All.

I'm downloading NLTL rightnow...! Sound good!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Early Demo On CD?   Metallica Early Demo On CD? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metallica Early Demo On CD?
Page 1 of 1