Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 10 Queensrÿche songs

Go down 
+7
mr.electric39
Temple of Blood
Wargod
mc666
romeolimagolf
Required Fields
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Top 10 Queensrÿche songs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 2:14 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
That's funny - I love Empire - I know it's different than the previous albums, but I love em all up to Empire. Promised Land has song good tunes on it, but nowhere near as good as the previous albums.
I think Promised Land is really underrated. I love that album. I also don't hate Hear In The Now Frontier, Q2K, Tribe, or Mindcrime II. They're definitely different and should never be compared to their earlier stuff, but each album has a lot of solid tunes, if you can listen to them in context of what they are, you know?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 6:37 pm

Eyesore wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
That's funny - I love Empire - I know it's different than the previous albums, but I love em all up to Empire. Promised Land has song good tunes on it, but nowhere near as good as the previous albums.
I think Promised Land is really underrated. I love that album. I also don't hate Hear In The Now Frontier, Q2K, Tribe, or Mindcrime II. They're definitely different and should never be compared to their earlier stuff, but each album has a lot of solid tunes, if you can listen to them in context of what they are, you know?

I didn't like hear in the now frontier at all. I though Q2K was a slight improvement and tribe an improvement over that. I do like O:MCII, I thought it was the best thing they have done since Promised Land. I would agree the Promise Land is underrated - I like it better now than I did when it first came out. I think they lost alot when Chris DeGarmo left.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 7:30 pm

I don't think you can blame DeGarmo's leaving on the quality of the band's later output- He was a primary songwriter on "Hear in the Now" which is hands down their worst release.

Q2K, while certainly not great, sounded more like a Queensryche disc. Tribe had individual songs that were great, but as an album was a bit of a disapointment. Mindcrime 2, however was a bad idea in my opinion. Sure, the album is heavier than they've done in years, but the fake orchestra backing along with an altogether muddy production (and when has a Queensryche disc ever not sounded pristine sonically?) made for one shocking listen. I love other Queensryche and I love Dio, but I can't even stand that duet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 9:56 pm

jcinco wrote:
I don't think you can blame DeGarmo's leaving on the quality of the band's later output- He was a primary songwriter on "Hear in the Now" which is hands down their worst release.
I've argued this for ages. Fans have constantly been saying that Queensryche's decline is because of DeGarmo. It's incorrect. You're correct in that Hear In The Now Frontier was mostly written by DeGarmo. In fact, DeGarmo says it's basically his solo album. Whether DeGarmo left the band or stayed, they were obviously destined to change. I mean, Chris left Queensryche and started Spys4Darwin, an alternative rock band with two guys from Alice In Chains and the singer for Sponge. He also co-wrote a few songs on Tribe, and they were nothing like early Queensryche. And his most recent work has been co-writing a few tunes with Dredg for their last album (and Dredg's style is lights years apart from Queensryche, new or old). So no, DeGarmo is not to blame.

I think Geoff Tate took creative control after he left, and that's where the drastic change comes in.

Quote :
Mindcrime 2, however was a bad idea in my opinion. Sure, the album is heavier than they've done in years, but the fake orchestra backing along with an altogether muddy production (and when has a Queensryche disc ever not sounded pristine sonically?) made for one shocking listen. I love other Queensryche and I love Dio, but I can't even stand that duet.
Lots of good tunes on O:MII, though. "Re-Arrange You," I think, is one of their best songs ever.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 10:08 pm

Eyesore wrote:
jcinco wrote:
I've argued this for ages. Fans have constantly been saying that Queensryche's decline is because of DeGarmo. It's incorrect. You're correct in that Hear In The Now Frontier was mostly written by DeGarmo. In fact, DeGarmo says it's basically his solo album. Whether DeGarmo left the band or stayed, they were obviously destined to change. I mean, Chris left Queensryche and started Spys4Darwin, an alternative rock band with two guys from Alice In Chains and the singer for Sponge. He also co-wrote a few songs on Tribe, and they were nothing like early Queensryche. And his most recent work has been co-writing a few tunes with Dredg for their last album (and Dredg's style is lights years apart from Queensryche, new or old). So no, DeGarmo is not to blame.

I think Geoff Tate took creative control after he left, and that's where the drastic change comes in.

Quote :
Mindcrime 2, however was a bad idea in my opinion. Sure, the album is heavier than they've done in years, but the fake orchestra backing along with an altogether muddy production (and when has a Queensryche disc ever not sounded pristine sonically?) made for one shocking listen. I love other Queensryche and I love Dio, but I can't even stand that duet.
Lots of good tunes on O:MII, though. "Re-Arrange You," I think, is one of their best songs ever.

Yes, Hear In The Now Frontier sucked, but you never know what would have happened had DeGarmo stayed and if he wrote O:MCII (which I do like). I think his co-writing on Tribe made it a much better album than the 2 before - everyone is entitled to write a bad album, plus look at when it came out, everyone was trying to "update" their sound because of the onslaught of grunge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 1:26 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Yes, Hear In The Now Frontier sucked, but you never know what would have happened had DeGarmo stayed and if he wrote O:MCII (which I do like). I think his co-writing on Tribe made it a much better album than the 2 before - everyone is entitled to write a bad album, plus look at when it came out, everyone was trying to "update" their sound because of the onslaught of grunge.
Of course, you never know, but I think the facts show that Chris DeGarmo would be no help to the band in recreating that classic sound. He may help write quality music, but it would never be the same.

And I like Hear In The Now Frontier. "Sign Of The Times," "Cuckoo's Nest," "A Voice Inside," "You," "Reach," "Hit The Black," "Anytime, Anywhere," and "Sp00l," while different, are all great tunes. I even really dig "All I Want," the song Chris sings. It reminds me of Billy Squier, for some reason. Also, I think the triumvirate of "Hit The Black," "Anytime, Anywhere," and "Sp00l" are three of Queensryche's best tunes. The only tune I really don't care for is "Get A Life."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 6:15 pm

1. Spreading The Disease
2. Walk In The Shadows
3. Queen Of The Reich
4. The Lady Wore Black
5. Revolution Calling
6. Eyes Of a Stranger
7. Jet City Woman
8. Silent Lucidity
9. I Dream In Infrared
10. Take Hold Of The Flame

I stopped collecting after Promised Land, which was the last one I felt still sounded like proper Queensryche. But to be honest, I really only listen to the first three or four albums.

)+(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Queensrÿche songs
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2