Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 10 Queensrÿche songs

Go down 
+7
mr.electric39
Temple of Blood
Wargod
mc666
romeolimagolf
Required Fields
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28450

Top 10 Queensrÿche songs Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 8:40 pm

1. Queen of the Reich
2. The Mission
3. Eyes of a Stranger
4. Breaking the Silence
5. Neue Regel
6. No Sanctuary
7. Breaking the Silence
8. Suite Sister Mary
9. The Killing Words
10. The Lady Wore Black
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39602

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 8:59 pm

1.Queen of the Reich
2.The Lady Wore Black
3.Eyes of a Stranger
4.Deliverance
5.The Needle Lies
6.Take Hold of the Flame
7.Last Time in Paris
8.Walk in the Shadows
9.Empire
10.Silent Lucidity
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 9:20 pm

1. Queen of the Ryche
2. Suite Sister Mary
3. Real World
4. The Lady Wore Black
5. Prophecy
6. No Sanctuary
7. NM 156
8. Eyes of a Stranger
9. Take Hold of the Flame
10. Walk in the Shadows
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 9:29 pm

Top 10? Haha. Virtually impossible! But I'll try...

1. Queen Of The Reich
  2. Prophecy
  3. Deliverance
  4. NM 156
  5. Roads To Madness
  6. The Whisper
  7. Neue Regel
  8. London
  9. Screaming In Digital
  10. Suite Sister Mary
  11. Eyes Of A Stranger
  12. Empire
  13. Scarborough Fair
  14. Re-Arrange You

Well...you've got 14. I can't force myself to remove any of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 9:48 pm

1. Take Hold Of The Flame
2. Revolution Calling
3. Eyes Of A Stranger
4. Best I Can
5. Queen Of The Reich
6. NM 156
7. Deliverance
8. The Thin Line
9. The Needle Lies
10. Blood
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 10:02 pm

walk in shadows
i dream in infrared
the whisper
the killing words
surgical strike
neue regal
chemical youth (we are rebellion)
london
screaming in digital
i will remember

Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 10:36 pm

Believe or not not really a big Queensryche fan like a couple of songs!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 10:55 pm

1. Queen of the Ryche
2. Walk in the Shadows
3. Eyes of a Stranger
4. Take Hold of the Flame
5. Warning
6. The Needle Lies
7. Suite Sister Mary
8. The Whisper
9. NM156
10. Deliverance
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 12:56 am

queen of the REEEEIIIIIICCCCHHHHH !!!!!!
and the entire Operation Mindcrime disc.... the greatest concept album ever and one of the top 20 of all time me thinks....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 9:29 am

Operation Mindcrime never really did much for me. I always preferred the EP, Warning and Rage for Order. Favorite songs? Hmmmm... hard to pick 10 and put them in any sort of order. Queen of the Ryche would most certainly top my list, along with
Blinded,
Warning,
Lady Wore Black,
Prophecy,
Nightrider,
Walk in the Shadows,
Take Hold of the Flame,
Nightrider,
Surgical Strike
Last Time in Paris

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37649

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 9:43 am

1. NM156
(My fave QR song of ALL time; when I saw them play this live on the PROMISED LAND tour I absolutely lost my mind!)
2. Queen of the Reich
3. Deliverance
4. Walk in the Shadows
5. The Needle Lies
6. Operation: Mindcrime
7. The Lady Wore Black
8. I'm American
9. Eyes of a Stranger
10. Take Hold of the Flame
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 6:41 pm

1. Queen of the Ryche
2. The Lady Wore Black
3. Eyes of a Stranger
4. Take Hold of the Flame
5. The Needle Lies
6. Revolution Calling
7. Walk in the Shadows
8. I Don't Believe In Love
9. Speak
10. Breaking The Silence
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28450

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 7:00 pm

No surprise in seeing Queen of the Reich at or near the top of most lists.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 7:21 pm

Required Fields wrote:
No surprise in seeing Queen of the Reich at or near the top of most lists.
Nope. It's an awesome song. I can't believe no one else picked "Prophecy." I love that frickin' song!

EDIT: I take that back, ultmetal is the man!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 8:28 pm

I picked Prophecy. It is an awesome song. It was written during the same period as the EP and has that same vibe.

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 9:58 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I picked Prophecy. It is an awesome song. It was written during the same period as the EP and has that same vibe.
Actually, according to the band, it was recorded during the Rage For Order period.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 10:09 pm

Eyesore wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Actually, according to the band, it was recorded during the Rage For Order period.

They did play it live on the Queensryche in Japan video, which was on The Warning tour.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 10:20 pm

SWEET! Operation:LiveCrime is on VH1 Classic - Classic In Concert right now - brings back memories of that tour. I wish they'd play the whole concert from that tour. Just about all of the top 10 Queensryche songs were played (hard to pick 10). Roads to Madness, Walk In The shadows, queen of the ryche, etc, etc - great show.

Funny story - I saw them at the Norfolk Scope (Norfolk, VA), which is a big Navy town. They changed they lyrics of part of Speak The word from "pay for wars in south america" to "pay for wars in saudia arabia" - and the place wents nuts to show support for the first Iraq war (I had friends in Iraq at the time, so Iof course was going crazy to support my friends) - but I know that's not what Queensryche had in mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 10:31 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
They did play it live on the Queensryche in Japan video, which was on The Warning tour.
Yeah, it's old, but according to the EP was recorded during the Rage For Order sessions.

Anyone have rare Queensryche tunes?
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 12:31 am

ultmetal wrote:
Operation Mindcrime never really did much for me. I always preferred the EP, Warning and Rage for Order.

Honestly after the EP I had a hard time getting into "The Warning". Left me a little flat. Some great tunes "Take Hold" and so on, I remember when 'Rage' came out again I was hoping for a rawer sound. I appreciate that disc now, but then not as much. When I heard "Mindcrime" I flipped out. It felt "heavier" to me musically, a little bit more accessable musically. I thought the story was brilliant ( a little far left political intrigue with an anti-church slant... trippy... I liked it.) However another friend of mine who liked 'The Warning' and 'Rage' didn't like 'Mindcrime' either.... oh well.... Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 12:48 am

Man, used to love me some Queensryche... Here is my top 10 list, in no particular (rage for) order:

I am I- I think the song completely rocks. After my disapointment with Empire (which was SOOO different than anything they had done before, it took forever for me to appreciate it) I guess I should have known that something was up after "Last time in Paris".
Screaming in Digital- Incredibly cool track. I love weird 'Ryche songs.
NM 156- My first favorite from them.
Real World- It really is stunning that this track was not on the EMI greatest hits.
Revolution Calling Seriously, the entirety of Mindcrime could be on this list...
Suite Sister Mary see above.
The Needle Lies see above
Blinded- I didn't get the EP until after Mindcrime, but the whole thing is stellar. This track in particular was one I loved.
Bridge- really strikes a chord with me and the non-relationship I had with my father.
Jet City Woman- In 1990, it was a tough listen, but this is one catchy rock song.

Its too bad that Queensryche can so often make poor album choices. I can't even listen to Hear in the Now Frontier. Tribe was a step up from Q2K for me (atleast with the title track and Blood) but Mindcrime 2 was horrifying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 12:48 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Funny story - I saw them at the Norfolk Scope (Norfolk, VA), which is a big Navy town. They changed they lyrics of part of Speak The word from "pay for wars in south america" to "pay for wars in saudia arabia" - and the place wents nuts to show support for the first Iraq war (I had friends in Iraq at the time, so Iof course was going crazy to support my friends) - but I know that's not what Queensryche had in mind.
I got a funnier story. I saw Queensryche live on their initial Mindcrime tour back in '89 or so. They were opening for Def Leppard. I'd never heard them before, didn't give a damn about them. I booed them, shouted out that they sucked, and basically insulted them all night long. I just wanted to see Def Leppard. Hahaha. I was like 14 at the time.

A few years later, I'm listening to WAAF late at night and I hear this amazing song come on! Totally blew me away. But they never say who the band is. I listen for weeks, constantly catching the song, but never do I hear them say who the damn band is! Haha. Then one night they announce the band name and song.

Finally!

"Empire" by Queensryche. affraid

After buying Empire, I went out and bought their back catalog, and they quickly became one of my favorite bands. They still are, in fact. And, of course, Mindcrime blew me away when I first heard it. Haha. I've kicked myself many times for that one. Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 4:29 am

Eyesore- I have a number of Queensryche bootlegs- including various live shows and some studio tracks by their previous bands. Let me know if you are interested.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 2:34 pm

Eyesore wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
I got a funnier story. I saw Queensryche live on their initial Mindcrime tour back in '89 or so. They were opening for Def Leppard. I'd never heard them before, didn't give a damn about them. I booed them, shouted out that they sucked, and basically insulted them all night long. I just wanted to see Def Leppard. Hahaha. I was like 14 at the time.

A few years later, I'm listening to WAAF late at night and I hear this amazing song come on! Totally blew me away. But they never say who the band is. I listen for weeks, constantly catching the song, but never do I hear them say who the damn band is! Haha. Then one night they announce the band name and song.

Finally!

"Empire" by Queensryche. affraid

After buying Empire, I went out and bought their back catalog, and they quickly became one of my favorite bands. They still are, in fact. And, of course, Mindcrime blew me away when I first heard it. Haha. I've kicked myself many times for that one. Haha.

That's funny - I love Empire - I know it's different than the previous albums, but I love em all up to Empire. Promised Land has song good tunes on it, but nowhere near as good as the previous albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 3:12 pm

jcinco wrote:
Eyesore- I have a number of Queensryche bootlegs- including various live shows and some studio tracks by their previous bands. Let me know if you are interested.
I'm not too interested in live stuff, but those early demos definitely interest me. I have the following demos:

Ballad In B Minor
Before The Storm
Child Of Fire
From The Darkside
Myth
No Sanctuary
Prophecy
Roads To Madness
Waiting For The Kill
Warning

I may even have all the old demos. I don't know. I have the recent demos/non-album tracks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Queensrÿche songs   Top 10 Queensrÿche songs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Queensrÿche songs
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: