Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best & Worst of TANKARD?

Go down 
+7
SAHB Healer
krokus
Lurideath
mc666
SideShowDisaSter
ultmetal
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Best & Worst of TANKARD? Empty
PostSubject: Best & Worst of TANKARD?   Best & Worst of TANKARD? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 9:52 am

I really need to add some TANKARD to NoLifeTilMetal.com. What would you all say was their best and worst albums?

:skull:
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4597

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of TANKARD?   Best & Worst of TANKARD? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 11:11 am

You'll probably enjoy most anything from Tankard ult. Most of their albums are pretty similar, though Kings Of Beer or Disco Destroyer are probably considered weak.

I'd suggest Beast Of Bourbon, The Beauty And The Beer, Chemical Invasion, or The Morning After.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of TANKARD?   Best & Worst of TANKARD? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 11:35 am

Chemical Invasion (personal fave), The Morning After, Stone Cold Sober, & Zombie Attack are the best imho.

Disco Destroyer was indeed their weakest, but still better than much of what some other bands put out.

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3887

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of TANKARD?   Best & Worst of TANKARD? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 12:04 pm

Tankard doesn't have a weak album. But my faves would be The Morning After, Chemical Invasion, Beauty and the Beer!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of TANKARD?   Best & Worst of TANKARD? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 3:51 pm

ZOMBIE ATTACK is my fave album by the band together with their first two demos (HEAVY METAL VANGUARD and ALCOHOLIC METAL). After that i would say all their albums before FAT UGLY AND LIVE. Maybe its a good thing for you to buy their dvd FAT UGLY AND STILL ALIVE becuase their are many songs on it from all their eras.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39186

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of TANKARD?   Best & Worst of TANKARD? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 7:18 pm

I really enjoy Stone Cold Sober, the Meaning of Life and the Beauty & the Beer. I really need to add to my collection.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of TANKARD?   Best & Worst of TANKARD? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 11:14 pm

Could somone describe Tankard to us? All I know is that they have an attitude (poverty metal?)...but are they like Motorhead?; The Rods?, Running Wild?, Ironboss?, Ugly Kid Joe ?(hey, a few good songs); Manitoba's Wild Kingdom?, Rose Tattoo? Tank?...what do they sound like?
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of TANKARD?   Best & Worst of TANKARD? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 11:42 pm

Tankard is just good ol' fashioned full-throttle thrash. They are kind of a mix of the Bay Area and German thrash scenes, as they didn't strictly have the sound of Kreator, Sodom or Destruction at the time, but also never really sounded exactly like Forbidden, Death Angel or Slayer either.

Most of their lyrics are just about drinking, partying and having fun, though on occasion they do mingle with the odd serious topic (political corruption, poverty, crime, etc).

Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of TANKARD?   Best & Worst of TANKARD? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 12:34 am

lyricly they can be ridiculous at times, & when they do throw in a serious song, you don't take it seriously either.

they like their beer.. i can tell you that much for sure. Very Happy

SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of TANKARD?   Best & Worst of TANKARD? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 1:47 am

Since I am a fan of Capricorn (Grinder), early Running Wild , and Nasty Savage; do you think I might like them then?
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of TANKARD?   Best & Worst of TANKARD? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 3:15 am

Probably

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of TANKARD?   Best & Worst of TANKARD? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 6:04 am

You can't miss, not a single bad album in their collection. My favorite is Zombie Attack (their first album), followed by Disco Destroyer. However, it seems that they're releasing weaker and weaker albums since DD, but they're still great!

Got a chance to an interview with Gerre 3 years ago, freaking hilarious guy Smile I asked him how many beers he usually drinks a day and he said that he doesn't drink beer at all, that it's just an image haha Smile Well, he almost fell of the stage when they were playing Smile Not to mention their guitar player Andy; two friends went to him after the show and said "you were great"; and the he replies: "Thanks, but now I have to puke!". And he turns around and puke Smile

So for the start, Zombie Attack would be probably the finest. I think that it was rereleased as 2 on 1 with their second, Chemical Invasion?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of TANKARD?   Best & Worst of TANKARD? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 7:01 am

Yes. I've bid on it a couple times on ebay only to be outbid.I can't find it in stores around here (big surprise,there)
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of TANKARD?   Best & Worst of TANKARD? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 7:02 am

I also think the ALIEN ep is cool as well.

Last edited by on Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of TANKARD?   Best & Worst of TANKARD? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 8:27 am

sovdat wrote:

Got a chance to an interview with Gerre 3 years ago, freaking hilarious guy Smile I asked him how many beers he usually drinks a day and he said that he doesn't drink beer at all, that it's just an image haha
what a posuer Razz

krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of TANKARD?   Best & Worst of TANKARD? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 2:46 pm

mc666 wrote:
sovdat wrote:

Got a chance to an interview with Gerre 3 years ago, freaking hilarious guy Smile I asked him how many beers he usually drinks a day and he said that he doesn't drink beer at all, that it's just an image haha
what a posuer Razz

I think that was a joke from the singer because if you look at the dvd you will see that he drinks beer all the time, without stop🤘. Also i remember watching some old vhs tapes with interviews where he drinks all the time. Look at his body and you will see that he drinks very much beer:D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of TANKARD?   Best & Worst of TANKARD? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 6:23 pm

I like everything Tankard did up to (and including) The Morning After. I would say that all of those are essential thrash albums.

I would also definitely say that of all the numerous songs called "Thrash 'Til Death," Tankard's was the finest.

Basically, stick with their 80's material. Of the three 80's albums (Chemical Invasion, Zombie Attack, and The Morning After), Zombie Attack is my personal favorite, and an excellent starting point to an underrated band.

)+(
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9855

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of TANKARD?   Best & Worst of TANKARD? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 2:04 pm

I picked up today the reissue of chemical invasion. Great album. I have been investing a lot into tankard the last few years, and am now the proud owner of 11 tankard albums.

Worth mentioning that their discography is being reissued in case you missed them in the past.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of TANKARD?   Best & Worst of TANKARD? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 2:46 pm

I still need a few of their releases, like 5 or 6 of them. I really like everyone I do have. Good quality thrash albeit some rather silly lyrics, for the most part.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of TANKARD?   Best & Worst of TANKARD? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 6:47 pm

There's not any bad Tankard it's all pretty good. Like 007 said though silly lyrics!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of TANKARD?   Best & Worst of TANKARD? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 7:45 pm

Really consistent band, I like the morning after best, the cover of try again is great.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of TANKARD?   Best & Worst of TANKARD? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 5:45 am

The Morning After is still one I need.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of TANKARD?   Best & Worst of TANKARD? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 6:26 am

007 wrote:
The Morning After is still one I need.

I remember walking into a small record shop in turkey and spotting this one along with the tankard, two faced and zombie attack. Of course, i purchased all of them.

My cd version of the morning after has the alien ep on it. Great album. You will love it.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of TANKARD?   Best & Worst of TANKARD? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 9:42 pm

krokus wrote:
mc666 wrote:
sovdat wrote:

what a posuer Razz

I think that was a joke from the singer because if you look at the dvd you will see that he drinks beer all the time, without stop🤘. Also i remember watching some old vhs tapes with interviews where he drinks all the time. Look at his body and you will see that he drinks very much beer:D

Definitely a joke from him. When I saw them live years back he was SMASHING down beers like water! Laughing

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of TANKARD?   Best & Worst of TANKARD? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2020 12:41 am

So i am in the mood for some Tankard this morning. Went through my collection and noticed how rich this band's discography is!

I have been buying lots of Tankard albums over the last couple of years, and have noticed that i am still missing three of their studio albums: the meaning of life, kings of beer and disco destroyer.

Now i know that their music is alike but for some reason, they are one of the bands whose music has become an instant purchase for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of TANKARD?   Best & Worst of TANKARD? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best & Worst of TANKARD?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next