Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Have any of you guys heard of Tankard?

Go down 
+15
Gilbert
Required Fields
kmorg
Fat Freddy
Lurideath
krokus
stepcousin
Invader
Olafsto
sovdat
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
mc666
ultmetal
INVADERS
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

Have any of you guys heard of Tankard? Empty
PostSubject: Have any of you guys heard of Tankard?   Have any of you guys heard of Tankard? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 8:15 am

Tankard are a thrash metal band from Germany in the vain of Early Kreator / Destruction / sodom.

The music is pure thrash metal but the lyrics (which i find hilarious) are all about drinking or getting shitfaced.

I have just recently found out about these guys and they are f****** amazing.

They early releases are awesome and very very catchy and their latest releases rival the greatness of the latest kreator releases

just wondering if you guys have heard of them and what are your opinions?

Check them out at metal archives:

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=535
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you guys heard of Tankard?   Have any of you guys heard of Tankard? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 8:20 am

Yes, I've heard of them and really want some to add to NLTM. I have a couple of their albums on my ipod.

ult
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you guys heard of Tankard?   Have any of you guys heard of Tankard? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 8:31 am

the kings of beer! lol!

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you guys heard of Tankard?   Have any of you guys heard of Tankard? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 8:34 am

Me n Sideshow saw them last year. They ripped the roof off!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you guys heard of Tankard?   Have any of you guys heard of Tankard? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 8:44 am

Yep,good band with hilarious lyrics
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you guys heard of Tankard?   Have any of you guys heard of Tankard? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 10:27 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Me n Sideshow saw them last year. They ripped the roof off!

Yup yup! Excellent band, and a BLAST live!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you guys heard of Tankard?   Have any of you guys heard of Tankard? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 11:55 am

Great band, I'm their fan for almost 10 years now, also had the chance
to see them live 2004 and did a interview with Gerre - very funny
guy!!! I ordered their B-Day CD directly from them and he send me a
bunch of signed posters, promo material & other stuff - great
attitude!!
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you guys heard of Tankard?   Have any of you guys heard of Tankard? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 1:22 pm

Great band!
It`s good to have a Thrash band that don`t take themselves too seriously!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you guys heard of Tankard?   Have any of you guys heard of Tankard? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 2:29 pm

Great band. The Morning After is an awesome album.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you guys heard of Tankard?   Have any of you guys heard of Tankard? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 7:42 pm

Zombie Attack!!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you guys heard of Tankard?   Have any of you guys heard of Tankard? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 10:10 am

Yes, ZOMBIE ATTACK and their demos are my fave by the band but i have them all. TANKARD FOREVER, FOREVER TANKARD.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you guys heard of Tankard?   Have any of you guys heard of Tankard? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 1:20 pm

Been a fan of theirs for 19 years now and had the opportunity to share the stage with them just this past August!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you guys heard of Tankard?   Have any of you guys heard of Tankard? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:34 am

Ah, I knew there was a Tankard thread around here someplace... I just picked up an issue of Metal Hammer magazine from the UK earlier this week and it came with a free Thrash Metal compilation CD. It's got a Tankard track on it called "Empty Tankard," which kicked my ass and cracked me up at the same time (WE NEED....ANOTHER...F**KING... BEEEEEEEEEEEER!"), this was the first time I'd heard the band even tho they've been around for 20 something years and now I gotta hear more!! What would be a good album to start with? Is there a best-of compilation out there somewhere? I found their web site last night and it sez they're going to release a retrospective at the end of August called "25 Years In Beers" or something like that, which will be re-recorded versions of their "greatest hits" so to speak. (I believe the "Empty Tankard" track on the Metal Hammer CD came from this album.) Maybe that would make a good starting point?
What do you say, Tankard fans? Suggestions?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you guys heard of Tankard?   Have any of you guys heard of Tankard? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 9:50 am

I have

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you guys heard of Tankard?   Have any of you guys heard of Tankard? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2020 4:29 pm

Have any of you guys heard of Tankard? 10928855_1034898459857756_7135236991472781908_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=43edb5&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=m8uT8i2pFEsAX9tLs_l&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you guys heard of Tankard?   Have any of you guys heard of Tankard? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2020 9:15 pm

Their best song ever:

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you guys heard of Tankard?   Have any of you guys heard of Tankard? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2020 9:33 pm

Holy crap this is an old-ass thread Very Happy

...and y'know what? In spite of what my 2007 self said a few posts back about possibly picking up that "25 Years in Beers" compilation, I *still* don't own any Tankard CDs! Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you guys heard of Tankard?   Have any of you guys heard of Tankard? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2020 1:51 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Holy crap this is an old-ass thread Very Happy

...and y'know what? In spite of what my 2007 self said a few posts back about possibly picking up that "25 Years in Beers" compilation, I *still* don't own any Tankard CDs! Laughing very hard

I had taken a decision to add Mercyful Fate to my collection a decade ago. And I still own nothing by this band today.

So you're not alone in this Razz.

With the current situation, i think most of us metalheads and cd freaks have slowed down on the shopping.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you guys heard of Tankard?   Have any of you guys heard of Tankard? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2020 9:21 am

Inspired by this thread's sudden re-appearance, I went down a YouTube rabbit hole last night, checking out a bunch of Tankard stuff... and when I was done, I *finally* ordered a copy of that "25 Years In Beers" compilation disc.

Better late than never, right? Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you guys heard of Tankard?   Have any of you guys heard of Tankard? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2020 10:30 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Inspired by this thread's sudden re-appearance, I went down a YouTube rabbit hole last night, checking out a bunch of Tankard stuff... and when I was done, I *finally* ordered a copy of that "25 Years In Beers" compilation disc.

Which version did you order?

I have the single cd version. Wish i had gone for the one with the bonus tribute cd.

Great comp anyways headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you guys heard of Tankard?   Have any of you guys heard of Tankard? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2020 10:52 am

Gilbert wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I have the single cd version. Wish i had gone for the one with the bonus tribute cd.

Single disc, I guess. I didn't know there was a 2CD version. (shrug) Oh well. I gotta start someplace. Haha

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you guys heard of Tankard?   Have any of you guys heard of Tankard? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2020 2:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Single disc, I guess. I didn't know there was a 2CD version. (shrug) Oh well. I gotta start someplace. Haha

Me neither. I just found out angry.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you guys heard of Tankard?   Have any of you guys heard of Tankard? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 1:03 pm

Got my 25 Years In Beers CD in the mail today so my collection is no longer Tankard-less... I shall commence cranking it immediately! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you guys heard of Tankard?   Have any of you guys heard of Tankard? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 3:20 pm

A colleague of mine said he went to see Tankard in Helsinki and it was awesome and the band was throwing beers into the audience.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you guys heard of Tankard?   Have any of you guys heard of Tankard? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 3:48 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Have any of you guys heard of Tankard? 10928855_1034898459857756_7135236991472781908_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=43edb5&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=m8uT8i2pFEsAX9tLs_l&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you guys heard of Tankard?   Have any of you guys heard of Tankard? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have any of you guys heard of Tankard?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next