Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Please tell me this is not happening......

Go down 
+7
metalinmyveins
Schbopo
manny
XYZ
Stender
MetalRob331
rattpoison
11 posters
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Please tell me this is not happening...... Empty
PostSubject: Please tell me this is not happening......   Please tell me this is not happening...... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 7:20 am

Surely not.....

As if your television set doesn't get enough of the video game Rock Band, now comes Rock Band the TV show. EW.com has learned exclusively that Rock Band 2 The Stars, a spoof of VH1's celebreality competition, will air on the network's VH1 Classic channel and online beginning Oct. 15 (it'll eventually air on VH1, though no date has been set). Professional rock stars Alice Cooper and Sebastian Bach will play hosts to 12 wannabe rockers who live in a loft together and vie to out-skill each other in challenges designed to showcase Rock Band 2's new features. Rumors of a potential Rock Band show surfaced in early September when a casting call appeared on the game's website seeking "hardcore fans of the video game ROCK BAND to form the Ultimate Rock Band." Specifically, it called for players to "be a master of at least one instrument, and preferably excel at all of them." The show will air as six mini-episodes.

Combining game-play with general rock attitude, each week the contestant with the worst overall performance will be eliminated. Once it's down to three players -- drums, guitar and bass -- those two groups will back Cooper and Bach at a final showdown taped at Los Angeles' famed Viper Room. The winning band will then get to play in between sets at the L.A. stop of the Rock Band Live tour featuring Panic at the Disco, Dashboard Confessional, Plain White T's, and The Cab. That show happens to be tonight at the Staples Center.

They even have a promo clip for this jive-ass bullsh*t......

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news08/1010roc.shtml
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me this is not happening......   Please tell me this is not happening...... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 9:57 am

HAHA Rock band is huge and they know people will tune into this and see it. Funny how Bach is on every reality tv show...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me this is not happening......   Please tell me this is not happening...... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 10:38 am

It's the latest fad, it will last for awhile and then vanish...
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me this is not happening......   Please tell me this is not happening...... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 10:56 am

This is the stupidest thing I have seen this morning....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me this is not happening......   Please tell me this is not happening...... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 11:02 am

Stender wrote:

Don't worry, it's still early. The weekly news shows and football pre-game shows are just starting, mass stupidity to be seen on both...drink a triple latte and soak up the stupidity!

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me this is not happening......   Please tell me this is not happening...... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 11:03 am

Stender wrote:

No, this is:

Please tell me this is not happening...... Nickelback
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me this is not happening......   Please tell me this is not happening...... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 12:54 pm

Alice why have you forsaken me? Sad
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me this is not happening......   Please tell me this is not happening...... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 2:00 pm

Sounds better than most of the other reality shows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me this is not happening......   Please tell me this is not happening...... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 2:28 pm

Schbopo wrote:

Not exactly a raving recommendation there...reality shows sprang up when people stopped running out of good ideas for scripted shows. It's also a sign of a populace that is consistently getting less education and exposure to anything even remotely cultural.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me this is not happening......   Please tell me this is not happening...... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 5:05 pm

The show is no more ridiculous than a lot of reality T.V....With that being said, I think if it gets kids excited in guitar driven music, and they decide to pick up the real thing or take a listen to some metal music, then all the more power to the next generation. I'm tired of RAP music being the driving force of the music industry, and the simplicity that goes along with it.

If games/shows like this change the musical direction of this country, then I hope the show has a long run!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me this is not happening......   Please tell me this is not happening...... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 4:47 pm

It was just a matter of time.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me this is not happening......   Please tell me this is not happening...... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 5:48 pm

Well, thats useless
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me this is not happening......   Please tell me this is not happening...... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 5:54 pm

It's about money people, and it will rake it in. Just like Slipknot.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me this is not happening......   Please tell me this is not happening...... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 6:07 pm

sounds silly but it could be a good promo for rock music
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me this is not happening......   Please tell me this is not happening...... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 2:59 pm

detuned wrote:
Schbopo wrote:

Not exactly a raving recommendation there...reality shows sprang up when people stopped running out of good ideas for scripted shows. It's also a sign of a populace that is consistently getting less education and exposure to anything even remotely cultural.

Very well stated, detuned. humble
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please tell me this is not happening......   Please tell me this is not happening...... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please tell me this is not happening......
Page 1 of 1