Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some Kind of Monster

Go down 
+11
Lurideath
ultmetal
INVADERS
mc666
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
Smindas
AchrisK
kmorg
caniplaywithmadness?
15 posters
AuthorMessage
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

Some Kind of Monster Empty
PostSubject: Some Kind of Monster   Some Kind of Monster Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 11:08 am

what does everyone think of the film? personally i think its excellent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Monster   Some Kind of Monster Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 11:16 am

I thought is was pretty interesting. Weird seeing Mustaine sit
down with his former bandmates for the first time to "sort out thier
feelings" - haha
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Monster   Some Kind of Monster Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 11:17 am

OK watch, but I'm not sure I'll ever watch it again....

Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Monster   Some Kind of Monster Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 11:19 am

Very entertaining for me. I have not been a "fan" of Metallica for a long time (1987 maybe?), but since I used to be into them, it interested me. And since I haven't been holding on to hope for some kind of return of the thrash band Metallica, I was able to enjoy it for what it was.

ack
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Monster   Some Kind of Monster Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 11:30 am

I liked how Hetfield initially thought all the stuff they were writing for St Anger was bad but when he got off the booze, he started loving it. Shows that Metallica's integrity lies in alcohol.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Monster   Some Kind of Monster Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 11:32 am

I've never seen the whole movie (though what I have seen was pretty fascinating stuff)... I really should get around to renting it so I can see it in its entirety.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Monster   Some Kind of Monster Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 11:32 am

Pretty decent watch,once was enough though
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Monster   Some Kind of Monster Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 12:01 pm

I tried to watch it when it premiered on VH-1, but couldn't get through it. Maybe if I rented the dvd, I'd be more inclined to watch it all the way through, but it was just too easy to flip the channel.

It ticked me off me to watch them work out all these feelings and issues in a effort to make a great record, then hearing the end result of all this therapy in the turd "St. Anger".

Last edited by on Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Monster   Some Kind of Monster Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 1:06 pm

meh, pass the Slayer

INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Monster   Some Kind of Monster Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 1:14 pm

Metallica suck
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Monster   Some Kind of Monster Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 1:51 pm

I enjoyed it. It was funny watching the therapist try to keep
with the band after they were done with him. I read somewhere
that he got in trouble for doing that in the past with patients.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Monster   Some Kind of Monster Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 2:52 pm

I've yet to see this.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Monster   Some Kind of Monster Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 3:50 pm

I think its pretty lame myself. Its funny seeing them fight with each other and have a therapist there. They are too big for their own good and just need to stop the charade.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39603

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Monster   Some Kind of Monster Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 7:21 pm

Haven't seen it and don't think I really want to.Just doesn't interest me
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Monster   Some Kind of Monster Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 10:43 am

ultmetal wrote:
I've yet to see this.

you aint missin' nothing.
IMO it was one long soap opera between the three guys, everyone talking about their emotions, and some shrink giuding them the whole time.

a snooze-fest bigtime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Monster   Some Kind of Monster Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 1:15 pm

Good documentary. It made me not hate St. Anger so much, as it seemed like that album was something of a necessary evil. A therapeutic recording for the band. It still sucks ass, of course, but I'm hoping it was a one-off deal. Getting the demons out and such.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28453

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Monster   Some Kind of Monster Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 7:16 pm

I haven't seen it, but have read about what happened in it.

I read that James Hetfield freaked out when he found out the band would just play without him sometimes. Him and Lars are such crybabies. I read that Kirk only got upset once, when he found out there would be no solos on St. Anger. He is apparently the only band member who comes across as a normal, decent guy. James and Lars are both assholes.

I don't think I would rent it. I don't ever want to give that band another penny of my money ever, ever again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Monster   Some Kind of Monster Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 7:49 pm

Yeah, Kirk just comes across as a nice guy whilst the other two seem like berks. I believe the events go down something like;
"I think there should be solos when appropriate."
"Okay, let's have one here."
"No."
"How about here?"
"We'll tell you when a solo is needed."

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Monster   Some Kind of Monster Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 9:55 pm

Quote :
I read that Kirk only got upset once, when he found out there would be no solos on St. Anger

Amongst the many things wrong with St. Anger, this always annoyed me the most. In interviews following it's release, the band would defend it by saying "The songs didn't have room for solos". Then you know what? Write songs that DO. Kirk's a great guitarist whose skills are wasted on that album.
Back to top Go down
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Monster   Some Kind of Monster Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 7:28 pm

Well as a big film guy I think it's a great movie. I watch all kinds of stuff and I think that this was actually a really good testament to what happened during that period.

As for James liking it AFTER getting off of alcohol...They actually didn't really use much of anything from the first sessions before rehab.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Monster   Some Kind of Monster Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 7:28 pm

Well as a big film guy I think it's a great movie. I watch all kinds of stuff and I think that this was actually a really good testament to what happened during that period.

As for James liking it AFTER getting off of alcohol...They actually didn't really use much of anything from the first sessions before rehab.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Monster   Some Kind of Monster Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Kind of Monster
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: