Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Xmas CD

Go down 
+12
criss3o
sam
opengraverecords
stevegarveyfan
metalinmyveins
Todd Jaymz
kmorg
Thrasher73
Troublezone
DallasBlack
Metal Misfit
mez
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Metal Xmas CD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 12:07 am

opengraverecords wrote:
sam wrote:
this cd is worth it just to listen to Dio sing god rest ye merry gentlemen.

Best song on the CD

Still haven't gotten this yet, but I was checking out the MySpace page. This song is on it and my fiancee didn't like it. Sad

And she definitely hated that version of "Silent Night". Very Happy But then again, so do I.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:59 am

The best cover of Silent Night is without a doubt the one by Deliverance (What A Joke).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 8:50 am

Ill only buy it if King Diamond does a song. :eyesore:
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 6:00 pm

Rex wrote:
Looked for this at Target, Best Buy, and Walmart today and couldn't find it.

My Best Buy didn't have it either. BB has gone down the crapper the last ten years or so. I couldn't find this, the new Becoming The Archetype, or the last .38 Special album that came out.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 3:11 pm

opengraverecords wrote:
I found the Monster Ballads X-Mas CD to be much better:

[url=http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Ballads-Christmas-Various-Artists/dp/B000UCH5QK/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1227822501&sr=8-4
http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Ballads-Christmas-Various-Artists/dp/B000UCH5QK/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1227822501&sr=8-4[/quote[/url]]

I was at a record show over the weekend and I found this one in a bargin bin for $6. I just got there, so I put it back, thinking maybe I'd find it elsewhere even cheaper. I was going to go back for it and forgot. Stupid me.

PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 4:10 pm

I heard the whole thing...here's my quickie "review":

1. We Wish You a Merry Xmas - Bob Kulick, Bruce Kulick, Ray Luzier, Jeff Scott Soto, Chris Wyse

- not bad...I like the arrangement & Soto's vocal...good kick off...

2. Run Rudolph Run - Billy Gibbons, , Dave Grohl, Lemmy Kilmister

- ugh...so bad it's almost comical...but still kinda fun in a "so bad it's good" kinda way

3. Santa Claws Is Coming to Town - Vinny Appice, Alice Cooper, John 5, Billy Sheehan

- cool...makes Santa out to be the creepy guy who knows where you live and hides in the closet watching you sleep...haha!

4. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Ronnie James Dio, Tony Iommi, Rudy Sarzo, Simon Wright

- freaking awesome!! Turned this carol into a BLACK SABBATH tune...my wife hates it...haha!

5. Silver Bells - Carlos Cavazo, James LoMenzo, Ray Luzier, Geoff Tate

- meh...Tate sounds like he's starring in a Christmas pageant...over-singing and very Broadway...my wife liked this one...

6. Little Drummer Boy - George Lynch, , Simon Phillips, , Doug Pinnick, Billy Sheehan

- a little sloppy & rushed/thrown together sounding...but cool to hear dUg singing this one...

7. Santa Claus Is Back in Town - Vinny Appice, Juan Garcia, , Marco Mendoza, Steve Morse, Tim "Ripper" Owens

- ha! Awesome, fun, headbanging rendition of this Elvis Christmas standard...Ripper rules!

8. Silent Night - Chuck Billy, Jonathan Donais, Scott Ian, John Tempesta, Chris Wyse

- Laughing very hard

9. Deck the Halls - Tony Franklin, Craig Goldy, Oni Logan, John Tempesta

- one of the better numbers on the album...they weren't trying to camp it up, just rock it out...nice job...

10. Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer - Gregg Bissonette, Tracii Guns, Bob Kulick, Stephen Pearcy, Billy Sheehan

- Steven "where's my check?" Pearcy...funny one...but would probably skip it...

11. Rockin' Around the Xmas Tree - Bob Kulick, Bruce Kulick, Rudy Sarzo, Joe Lynn Turner, Simon Wright

- not bad...another one that just rocks it up...but I get the impression that JLT is taking it a little too seriously...ha!

12. Happy Xmas (War Is Over) - Kenny Aronoff, Steve Lukather, , Marco Mendoza, Tommy Shaw

- pretty much what one would expect...30 years on and the man still has one of the best voices going...good job. I think I like Kip Winger's version better...

Overall, 1, 3,4,7,9,11,12 are cool...the rest were cool to hear once...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Xmas CD
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2