Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Xmas CD

Go down 
+12
criss3o
sam
opengraverecords
stevegarveyfan
metalinmyveins
Todd Jaymz
kmorg
Thrasher73
Troublezone
DallasBlack
Metal Misfit
mez
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

Metal Xmas CD Empty
PostSubject: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 6:04 pm

Im sure some of you have read the whole Metal Xmas album that was put together and is to be released this month or is actually already out. I ended up picking one up off Amazon.com for like 9$'s. It is a fun album but I figured I would mention it here since there is a song that Ronnie James Dio and Tony Iommi do an amazing song on that album and it is worth it for that alone.

http://www.myspace.com/metalchristmas

Check it out and you may like it for a twist on Christmas songs (provided you even like the Holiday LOL).
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Metal Xmas CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 6:47 pm

Very Happy

I love Christmas songs, no matter who sings'em. I'm actually going to make an effort to get this.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Metal Xmas CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 12:22 am

I couldn't get the link to work but I think I found the import of it on Amazon:

1. We Wish You a Merry Xmas - Bob Kulick, Bruce Kulick, Ray Luzier, Jeff Scott Soto, Chris Wyse
2. Run Rudolph Run - Billy Gibbons, , Dave Grohl, Lemmy Kilmister
3. Santa Claws Is Coming to Town - Vinny Appice, Alice Cooper, John 5, Billy Sheehan
4. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Ronnie James Dio, Tony Iommi, Rudy Sarzo, Simon Wright
5. Silver Bells - Carlos Cavazo, James LoMenzo, Ray Luzier, Geoff Tate
6. Little Drummer Boy - George Lynch, , Simon Phillips, , Doug Pinnick, Billy Sheehan
7. Santa Claus Is Back in Town - Vinny Appice, Juan Garcia, , Marco Mendoza, Steve Morse, Tim "Ripper" Owens
8. Silent Night - Chuck Billy, Jonathan Donais, Scott Ian, John Tempesta, Chris Wyse
9. Deck the Halls - Tony Franklin, Craig Goldy, Oni Logan, John Tempesta
10. Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer - Gregg Bissonette, Tracii Guns, Bob Kulick, Stephen Pearcy, Billy Sheehan
11. Rockin' Around the Xmas Tree - Bob Kulick, Bruce Kulick, Rudy Sarzo, Joe Lynn Turner, Simon Wright
12. Happy Xmas (War Is Over) - Kenny Aronoff, Steve Lukather, , Marco Mendoza, Tommy Shaw

Lemmy singing Run Rudolph Run would also be worth getting it for.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Metal Xmas CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 9:05 am

Deliverance did it best with "Silent Night" off of the What a Joke album.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Metal Xmas CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 9:37 am

troublezone wrote:
Deliverance did it best with "Silent Night" off of the What a Joke album.

Yep,best remake of a Christmas song,Ever!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Metal Xmas CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 10:55 am

I'm buying this, pronto!

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Metal Xmas CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 6:53 pm

Yes admittedly the Run Rudolph Run is an instant classic and one of the best tunes on there as well. They are all good in the sense of who did that particular song and the interpretation they did makes sense that way, but Chuck Billy's song seems a bit off from the rest of the styles on there, no less a great add.

I will most likely park this till end of November but wanted to promote it now thinking it was a good idea to grab now if you can get it cheap and when it is actually available. You know how something like this will be here and gone before next holiday season.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

Metal Xmas CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 9:10 pm

I thought it was pretty good!-TJ
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Metal Xmas CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 11:11 am

I might pick this up today.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Metal Xmas CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 2:01 pm

I just saw the commercial for it on VH1C...looks interesting.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Metal Xmas CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 7:29 pm

Bump!! just a reminder to anyone interested in this fun Christmas album by some of our favorite artists. Worthy of a pick up and figured now was a good time to remind you all.

Have an awesome Thanksgiving!
Back to top Go down

Metal Xmas CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 7:37 pm

Quote :
4. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Ronnie James Dio, Tony Iommi, Rudy Sarzo, Simon Wright

🤘
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

Metal Xmas CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 1:26 am

I saw it today and couldn't resist!
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Metal Xmas CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 10:07 am

yeah, you never know how long something like this might be around. I figured it was worth the mention again. I seen it at Best Buy in the Christmas CD section and was shocked to see it but glad it is readily available.

What the heck it is all for a fun idea. Plus I can force my kids to listen to it and possibly influence them into the good musicians!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Metal Xmas CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 12:21 pm

And of course, it is not available here.....

Metal novice
Metal novice
opengraverecords

Number of posts : 18

Metal Xmas CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 4:47 pm

Out of all of the songs I only like 3 of them. Tracks 2, 3, 4...the rest are pretty sad IMO. Most of the vocalist on this CD seam to sing with no heart what so ever on these songs.
Back to top Go down
opengraverecords
Metal novice
Metal novice
opengraverecords

Metal Xmas CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 4:49 pm

I found the Monster Ballads X-Mas CD to be much better:

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Ballads-Christmas-Various-Artists/dp/B000UCH5QK/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1227822501&sr=8-4
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Metal Xmas CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 10:25 pm

this cd is worth it just to listen to Dio sing god rest ye merry gentlemen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
criss3o
Metal student
Metal student
criss3o

Number of posts : 176

Metal Xmas CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 12:22 am

I will pick this up! 2 out of 3 of the songs on MySpace kicked ass! Chuck Billy butchered Silent Night though! What was he thinking? He can sing sooo much better than this! Growling Silent Night isn't Metal it's just BAD!!!
Back to top Go down
opengraverecords
Metal novice
Metal novice
opengraverecords

Metal Xmas CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 1:37 am

sam wrote:
this cd is worth it just to listen to Dio sing god rest ye merry gentlemen.

Best song on the CD
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Metal Xmas CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 3:47 pm

I still need to pick this up. I'm a big fan of "non-traditional" Christmas music. It annoys the wife something awful. Metal Xmas CD 130177

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

Metal Xmas CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 7:43 am

yea very good listenable album. like it.
recommended album
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Metal Xmas CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 4:23 pm

I still need to pick this up and also listen to my Monster Ballads X-Mas CD. Unlike years prior, I just haven't been in a Christmas music mood so far.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

Metal Xmas CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 4:55 pm

I got it, but I never expected it to be anything more than a cool novelty CD. I much prefer the traditional stuff.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Metal Xmas CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 5:14 pm

Looked for this at Target, Best Buy, and Walmart today and couldn't find it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Metal Xmas CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Xmas CD   Metal Xmas CD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Xmas CD
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next