Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Merry xmas to everyone.

Go down 
+6
nevermore
exact33
tohostudios
GrandNational
A Handful of Wayne
Wargod
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Merry xmas to everyone. Empty
PostSubject: Merry xmas to everyone.   Merry xmas to everyone. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 4:21 pm

Well I want to wish everyone here an early merry xmas. Well I got an unexpected not so good present today from my Dr. I had been experiencing some heart murmurs, fast heart rate, and shortness of breath. Well I had an Appt. in Fargo, ND for and Echo and to see my Dr.
Well I had some bad vibes about this for sometime now and today the Dr. confirmed it.

He looked at my Echo results and they were not good, it's not a death sentence if treated and it is going to be treated. I have an Aortic Bicuspid valve that is not working right. That valve has 3 flaps that need to work righ I have 2 that work so it makes for harder for blood flow and it enlarges the left side of the heart.

It was hereditary with me since birth according to my Dr. and I had an Echo done in 2007 and that Dr. said no need to fix, dam him. Anyway looks like after the first of the new year I will be having open heart surgery to replace the valve. As of now that is the only way to fix it with an artifical valve. I did research today on and the surgery is about 4 hrs with 5-7 days in the hospital. Recovery time is about 6 weeks which is good.

But before that I will be doing some more tests as to actually how bad the valve is before requiring the correct procedure. But from what I've read that after the procedure you actually feel so much better. Also reading on the symptoms I have all the classic ones, shortness of breath which just started about a month ago, murmur, fast heart beat, littel chest pain, dizziness which was not much which actually has been there for quite sometime but didn't think it was associated with the valve.

Anyway I hope to get this all done within 2 weeks after the new year, the sooner the better.

Sucks though worrying about work and bills with no work most likely for about 6 weeks after. hopefully my boss will forward me my 2 weks vacation and with income tax coming it should alot. but if not I have no choice but to sell of some of my cd collection to get me through.

I guess I will see just how aprpreciative my boss is of me by helping me out.

Anyway I'll be around working till surgery.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Merry xmas to everyone.   Merry xmas to everyone. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Wow man. I wish you luck! Hope everything works out and you have a speedy recovery. Try and have a great Christmas in the meantime.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Merry xmas to everyone.   Merry xmas to everyone. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 7:33 pm

Hope everything works out and your surgery goes well.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Merry xmas to everyone.   Merry xmas to everyone. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 7:41 pm

Wow.

Merry Christmas to you too WG. Hope everything goes well with the surgery.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Merry xmas to everyone.   Merry xmas to everyone. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 8:07 pm

Hope it goes well WG. You will be in my thoughts.

PostSubject: Re: Merry xmas to everyone.   Merry xmas to everyone. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 8:11 pm

Prayers for you man, that's tough all at once. Hope you have some good times this season.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Merry xmas to everyone.   Merry xmas to everyone. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 8:52 pm

Thanx everyone!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Merry xmas to everyone.   Merry xmas to everyone. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:25 pm

Merry Christmas to you!!! I hope all goes well with the surgery and a speedy recovery,too.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Merry xmas to everyone.   Merry xmas to everyone. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 10:34 pm

Hey WG, some words of encouragement, my uncle had to have the same surgery about 2 years ago, and he pulled through just fine. His health did improve after having it done also. Hang in there man and Merry X-mas to you too!
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Merry xmas to everyone.   Merry xmas to everyone. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 11:36 pm

More words of encouragement: a sort of family friend had a similar surgery about a week ago and he's doing well. I'll pray for you and Merry Christmas!
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Merry xmas to everyone.   Merry xmas to everyone. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 11:52 pm

Will be praying for you, Wargod. Good luck and I hope your boss cooperates with the recovery plan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Merry xmas to everyone.   Merry xmas to everyone. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 4:10 am

Best of luck with it all WG, them two CDs should be waiting for you once you get back !
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Merry xmas to everyone.   Merry xmas to everyone. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 11:36 am

I hope everything goes well!!!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Merry xmas to everyone.   Merry xmas to everyone. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 2:49 pm

Locky wrote:
Best of luck with it all WG, them two CDs should be waiting for you once you get back !

Alright dood! Not sure when surgery is I'm thinking mid Jan so if ya get them sooner let me know!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Merry xmas to everyone.   Merry xmas to everyone. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Merry xmas to everyone.
Page 1 of 1