Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version)

Go down 
+5
thejokeriv
Leatherface
mez
Fat Freddy
mr.electric39
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version) Empty
PostSubject: Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version)   Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 10:18 pm

This show just rocks. I've been a big fan for the last 2-1/2 years and it is very very good. Very real, but very dark. so cool. The season 3 finale was sooo good.

I dig "Lost" as well. I really enjoy good sci-fi stuff.

Anyone else like this stuff ???
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version)   Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 8:31 am

I actually preferred the 70s version of "Galactica." I tried to get into the new one when it first premiered but it just didn't do it for me.

Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version)   Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 11:26 pm

I grew up with Lorne Greene and his ragtag fugitive fleet ! However this new version is remarkable. very 'real' very cool. I had to watch 2-3 episodes before I was trully hooked....
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version)   Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version) Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 2:49 pm

If anyone's interested, the "ION Television" network (formerly PAX-TV) has been re-running the 1970s "Battlestar Galactica" on Sunday nights lately... but this network switches their programming schedule around quite frequently and without warning (until a few weeks ago it was a block of "Charlie's Angels" reruns on that night) so who knows how long it'll be there...enjoy it while you can!

http://www.ionline.tv/shows.php?PGMID=BATTLESTARGALACTICA
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version)   Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version) Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 11:41 pm

Y'know I caught that a month ago... my wife and I were just tripping on how much different the two versions are....

I always loved the Viper..... what a cool name for a fighter eh?
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version)   Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 6:40 am

Loved the show, and am sad it is over, nothing like it ever on TV and probably never will be again. Amazing story, and amazing cast!
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version)   Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:56 am

Watched the orginal when I was a kid. Never really checked out the new one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version)   Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 10:30 am

Yes, sad it;s over, but they ended it the best way possible!!!!! Everything wrapped up, no open questions, answers for everything!!! Love it!!!! One of the best series enders ever!!!!!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version)   Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:48 pm

YET ANOTHER THREAD CREATED FOR DALLASBLACK!!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version)   Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2021 4:58 pm

Binging this on Peacock now.

It's pretty darn good. Nothing like the cheesy show of my youth. It's gritty and dark. I don't remember on the original (40 +years so memory) if humans were on the brink of extinction.

The Cylon woman Tricia Helfer must be one of the best looking women ever.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version)   Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2021 10:41 am

I like both old and new but do not mention Galactica 1980.....

I will always think Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict are Apollo and Starbuck!

Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version)   Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2021 2:28 pm

I loved the original and also the new one. I need to rewatch the old series again though, I don't remember it at all. That new show is probably my favorite sci-fi show ever. I loved the story, and the end is exactly what I was hoping it to be. Thought it was rely well done.

Were any of you lucky enough to go to universal studios back when the original one was on tv? My dad took me there, and they had a big production of it when you took the tour bus through the park. You came to this big studio building and on the outside was parked some cylon tank looking machine with a couple guards. Then when you got inside, they had a full on battle. Might be my kids imagination remembering things, but I swear it seemed like laser bolts were flying everywhere.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version)   Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2021 3:20 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
I loved the original and also the new one. I need to rewatch the old series again though, I don't remember it at all. That new show is probably my favorite sci-fi show ever. I loved the story, and the end is exactly what I was hoping it to be. Thought it was rely well done.

Were any of you lucky enough to go to universal studios back when the original one was on tv? My dad took me there, and they had a big production of it when you took the tour bus through the park. You came to this big studio building and on the outside was parked some cylon tank looking machine with a couple guards. Then when you got inside, they had a full on battle. Might be my kids imagination remembering things, but I swear it seemed like laser bolts were flying everywhere.

i did not go to universal but i have some of the original BG toys

Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version)   Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2021 5:32 pm

exact33 wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

i did not go to universal but i have some of the original BG toys

Nice! I had a ton of Star Wars toys back then, but I seem to remember having a BG toy or two myself. Wish I still had all my toys, I'd be retired lol
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version)   Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2021 5:51 pm

I was pretty young. Didn't the original have that ridiculous little r2d2 knockoff, and a babe with insane eyes?
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version)   Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2021 5:56 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I was pretty young. Didn't the original have that ridiculous little r2d2 knockoff, and a babe with insane eyes?

No, I think you're thinking of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century.

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version)   Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2021 6:00 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

No, I think you're thinking of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century.

Yes! That's it!

I was trying to square the more grim plot of Battlestar Galactica with the cheesiness of that robot. I was conflating the two shows.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version)   Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2021 6:06 pm

I liked both shows, which makes sense, since they were created by the same guy. Beedeebeedeebeep. lol!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version)   Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2021 7:53 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
I liked both shows, which makes sense, since they were created by the same guy. Beedeebeedeebeep. lol!

the new blu ray of Buck Rogers in the 25th century is awesome! The picture clarity and sound rocks

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version)   Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone a Battlestar Galactica fan? (new version)
Page 1 of 1