Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best of the big Four [Germanic Version]

Go down 
+17
akeldama
nevermore
exact33
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
MoonChild
mc666
Dark Horseman
manny
stormspell
Wrecked Neck
Troublezone
Thelemech
Gilbert
Thrasher73
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
21 posters

deutsch
Destruction - Eternal Devastation
Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Vote_lcap21%Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Vote_rcap
 21% [ 5 ]
Kreator - Terrible Certainty
Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Vote_lcap29%Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Vote_rcap
 29% [ 7 ]
Sodom - Persecution Mania
Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Vote_lcap8%Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys
Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Vote_lcap42%Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Vote_rcap
 42% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Empty
PostSubject: Best of the big Four [Germanic Version]   Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 12:28 am

Bester der großen vier
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big Four [Germanic Version]   Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 12:42 am

Kreator without a doubt.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big Four [Germanic Version]   Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 1:21 am

As much as i love german thrash, i just hate their early raw/inexperienced sound.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big Four [Germanic Version]   Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 1:33 am

Destruction
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big Four [Germanic Version]   Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 1:59 am

I like Coroner, but they're Swiss...
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big Four [Germanic Version]   Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 2:43 am

Destruction, but probably would have went with Kreator if you put pleasure to kill up there. All great albums, but helloween seems a bit out of place in that group.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big Four [Germanic Version]   Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 2:48 am

TANKARD - Chemical Invasion! (Helloween? Doh! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big Four [Germanic Version]   Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 8:04 am

This one was a hard choice for me to make.

If I were going to go on influence alone than it would have been Helloween, who still do not get enough credit in the metal world for their huge influence on power metal, a genre I for the most hate, but these guys ruled and at the time they were doing it, it was new and they owned the genre.

Destruction and Kreator are raw powerhouses, that even now three decades later still sound heavy and harsh as hell.

I went with Kreator because they have been around so long and I have recently been rediscovering their material, but easily could have voted for any of the three bands in the list.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big Four [Germanic Version]   Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 11:39 am

Helloween seems an odd choice but I went with them, they redefined music for a time.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big Four [Germanic Version]   Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Helloween. Only because I have none of those other albums. I'm woefully behind on my Kreator and Destruction collecting. I have no Sodom....yet.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big Four [Germanic Version]   Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 2:03 pm

Holy Moses - Finished with the Dogs. Everyone always skips over Holy Moses & Tankard.

MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big Four [Germanic Version]   Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 3:07 pm

Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big Four [Germanic Version]   Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 4:31 pm

Helloween's Walls of Jericho might have been a better album for this particular poll, considering the competition.

That said, I voted for 'em anyway cuz I've never been moRe than a casual fan of Kreator or Destruction.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big Four [Germanic Version]   Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 8:05 am

Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] 10608i72017E2B39530B10?v=1

and Deathrow - Riders of Doom and Darkness - Death Squad and Assasin - The Upcoming Terror and Iron Angel - Hellish Crossfire and Assorted Heap - The Experience of Horror and the Holy Moses and Tankard that mc666 mentioned.

Basically German thrash rules!! Voted for Sodom because, no votes! What the F*ck?!!!!! Mad
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big Four [Germanic Version]   Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 9:42 am

i went Kreator. Helloween was an odd pairing on this one.

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big Four [Germanic Version]   Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 12:33 pm

As much as I really like the other albums, I went with Helloween.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big Four [Germanic Version]   Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 12:48 pm

Kreator
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big Four [Germanic Version]   Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 2:58 pm

mc666 wrote:
Holy Moses - Finished with the Dogs. Everyone always skips over Holy Moses & Tankard.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big Four [Germanic Version]   Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 9:04 pm

mc666 wrote:

word

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big Four [Germanic Version]   Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 9:18 pm

I hate to admit but I never heard of the band Holy Moses!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big Four [Germanic Version]   Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 1:15 am

manny wrote:

You're in luck pal. With Youtube being what it is.... you could have even heard them before making this comment if you had wanted to.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big Four [Germanic Version]   Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 4:11 am

James B. wrote:
mc666 wrote:

word

Not too familiar with holy moses so i need to remedy to that. But tankard are always an instant purchase.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big Four [Germanic Version]   Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 7:11 am

Kreator! They are easily my favorite thrash band.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big Four [Germanic Version]   Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 7:14 pm

mc666 wrote:
manny wrote:

You're in luck pal. With Youtube being what it is.... you could have even heard them before making this comment if you had wanted to.

True and I did check them out...after I commented!!!
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big Four [Germanic Version]   Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 10:01 am

Kreator. Helloween hasn't aged well for me whereas I'm becoming a bigger Kreator fan due to how good their later stuff is. I'm not that familiar with the other two on the list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big Four [Germanic Version]   Best of the big Four [Germanic Version] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best of the big Four [Germanic Version]
Page 1 of 1