Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diamond Dave's concert flub

Go down 
+6
Troublezone
Tall Tyrion
DeathCult
candlemass
XYZ
Metal Misfit
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Diamond Dave's concert flub Empty
PostSubject: Diamond Dave's concert flub   Diamond Dave's concert flub Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:45 pm

(language may be NSFW)

The fun starts around 3:00.

lol!

I thought they were just going into a medley or something at first. It's funny when you see Dave keeping that smiling face but you could tell he was thinking "WTF are *YOU* guys doing???"
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Dave's concert flub   Diamond Dave's concert flub Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:49 pm

laughing
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Dave's concert flub   Diamond Dave's concert flub Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:38 pm

He was screwing up lyrics before that, and from what I've heard on other songs and other shows. Everyone smurfs up now and then, but this guy is a smurf up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Dave's concert flub   Diamond Dave's concert flub Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:46 pm

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Dave's concert flub   Diamond Dave's concert flub Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 12:33 am

Ehhh I thought it was cool. He could have passed it off as artistic license, but he admitted he screwed it up. It happens to the best of us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Dave's concert flub   Diamond Dave's concert flub Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 1:55 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Ehhh I thought it was cool. He could have passed it off as artistic license, but he admitted he screwed it up. It happens to the best of us.
So...it doesn't happen to you, then?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Dave's concert flub   Diamond Dave's concert flub Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 5:48 am

That was terrible but funny at the same time. I feel bad for the people that payed crazy prices to get a rusty show. It's bad enough that Mike Anthony isn't there to bring it all together.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Dave's concert flub   Diamond Dave's concert flub Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 7:01 am

He has done this many times before, it has become part Diamond Dave's routine
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Dave's concert flub   Diamond Dave's concert flub Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 9:39 am

manny wrote:
He has done this many times before, it has become part Diamond Dave's routine

"I can't believe I forgot the f**king words!"

Bands have been screwing up live since the dawn of time. Only problem is nowadays, it's on YouTube the second after it happens for all eternity and now guys can sit behind their keyboards and pick it apart on message boards.

Still pretty funny though.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Dave's concert flub   Diamond Dave's concert flub Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 9:55 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Bands have been screwing up live since the dawn of time. Only problem is nowadays, it's on YouTube the second after it happens for all eternity and now guys can sit behind their keyboards and pick it apart on message boards.

Rolling Eyes I think some of you misread my intentions. I'm not making fun OF him or VH, I'm laughing WITH them. I think it was a great moment that was totally saved by Dave's personality. He turned something that had trainwreck potential into an entertaining moment. They ended up having fun with it and as you can tell, so did the fans there.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Dave's concert flub   Diamond Dave's concert flub Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 10:09 am

Rolling Eyes I think some of you misread my intentions. I'm not making fun OF him or VH, I'm laughing WITH them. I think it was a great moment that was totally saved by Dave's personality. He turned something that had trainwreck potential into an entertaining moment. They ended up having fun with it and as you can tell, so did the fans there.[/quote]

I agree with your statement both the band and the audience were both in the moment, it was great.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Dave's concert flub   Diamond Dave's concert flub Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 10:20 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Rolling Eyes I think some of you misread my intentions. I'm not making fun OF him or VH, I'm laughing WITH them. I think it was a great moment that was totally saved by Dave's personality. He turned something that had trainwreck potential into an entertaining moment. They ended up having fun with it and as you can tell, so did the fans there.

No harm, no foul. I like watching the flubs just as much as anyone else. That clip of Bach falling down while singing is priceless.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Dave's concert flub   Diamond Dave's concert flub Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 10:24 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

No harm, no foul. I like watching the flubs just as much as anyone else. That clip of Back falling down while singing is priceless.

There's a good one somewhere on YouTube of Glenn Danzig falling off the stage too.

Of course, the best Danzig "flub" is still the classic video of him getting punched out by the dude from the Northside Kings. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Dave's concert flub   Diamond Dave's concert flub Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:07 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

No harm, no foul. I like watching the flubs just as much as anyone else. That clip of Bach falling down while singing is priceless.

Ooh. Is that on 'tube as well? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Dave's concert flub   Diamond Dave's concert flub Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:32 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Ooh. Is that on 'tube as well? Very Happy

Here ya go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8me4b-xp-oM

Hilarity ensues around the 2:20 mark. If you watch to the end, he laughs it off as well. He coulda stormed off stage and been a d*ck about it, but he saw the humor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Dave's concert flub   Diamond Dave's concert flub Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 12:10 pm

I had been waiting half my life to see Dave back with VH. But when they announced Wolfie Fat Halen was playing bass and not Mike, I said "screw it". I would have paid ANY ridiculous price for a ticket to see the REAL VH.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Dave's concert flub   Diamond Dave's concert flub Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 12:13 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I've heard quite a few VH bootlegs over the years, he ALWAYS throws in the above line at some point during the show, it's part of his "shtick".
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Dave's concert flub   Diamond Dave's concert flub Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 12:23 pm

detuned wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I've heard quite a few VH bootlegs over the years, he ALWAYS throws in the above line at some point during the show, it's part of his "shtick".

I forget the name of the song, but I remember years ago, a buddy of mine played a tape of a Dweezil Zappa song, and there's a part in the song where he goes into his best DLR impression and says that very line. I wish I knew the song. I'm not even 100% sure it was Dweezil. Anyway, fast forward a few years and I go to see DLR on his solo tour and sure enough, he screwed up whatever song the band was doing and, well, you know the rest.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Dave's concert flub   Diamond Dave's concert flub Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 2:12 pm

I love these type of moments. Thanks for posting. It looks like the band enjoyed the moment, and that's what counts. Funny though that it was "Woolfgang" who came up to Dave to tell him what lyrics were next.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Dave's concert flub   Diamond Dave's concert flub Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 2:51 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8me4b-xp-oM

Hilarity ensues around the 2:20 mark. If you watch to the end, he laughs it off as well. He coulda stormed off stage and been a d*ck about it, but he saw the humor.

Good to see he had a good sense of humor about it. I think he's finally matured a lot in the last few years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Dave's concert flub   Diamond Dave's concert flub Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 3:30 pm

I just watched that clip and it looks like a rehearsed screw up to me. They probably do the same thing every night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Dave's concert flub   Diamond Dave's concert flub Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 5:25 pm

Quote :

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I agree. I saw him on his first solo tour, and he did the exact same routine.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Dave's concert flub   Diamond Dave's concert flub Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 8:25 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:
So...it doesn't happen to you, then?

Absolutely it does..... The last time I sang for Van Halen, I was doing a super-cool scatting version of "Sinner's Swing" when I......

Hey wait a minute..... Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Dave's concert flub   Diamond Dave's concert flub Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 8:35 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Wolfie Fat Halen

Another reason why Sax is one of the good ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Dave's concert flub   Diamond Dave's concert flub Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diamond Dave's concert flub
Page 1 of 1