Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fair Weather Fans

Go down 
+7
Troublezone
ultmetal
exact33
Todd Jaymz
mc666
the sentinel
manny
11 posters
AuthorMessage

Fair Weather Fans Empty
PostSubject: Fair Weather Fans   Fair Weather Fans Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 9:16 pm

I'm watching the Molly Hatchet Flirtin With Disaster Live DVD right now. It is so obvious that most of the people at this show know only 1 song from them, Flirtin With Disaster. My question is have you or why do you think someone would go see a concert when they know only one song from the artist? It seems like a waste to me. But then I've been known to be a little sensitive about my music. Smile
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Fair Weather Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Weather Fans   Fair Weather Fans Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 9:30 pm

I don't get fair weather fans anyway, how can something like Limp Bizkit and Creed sell millions of albums and than suddenly they are considered uncool, but maybe I am weird kind of fan, for example I have listened to AC/DC for over 20 years, I have stayed a Metallica fan despite not caring for Reload and St. Anger, if I like a band or artist I usually stay with them forever, but maybe that is just me. Maybe I am loyal to a fault .
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Fair Weather Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Weather Fans   Fair Weather Fans Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:51 pm

I have often wondered that too and figured that some people just like to go to a concert and see the band and hear live music. And get wasted and have a time of it all. Just my opine. Peace.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Fair Weather Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Weather Fans   Fair Weather Fans Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:13 pm

you don't have to be a fan to go see a show. i've been to shows of bands i had never even heard of before. it's a night out.

Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

Fair Weather Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Weather Fans   Fair Weather Fans Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 3:50 pm

I tend to stick with bands through the good and bad releases-TJ
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Fair Weather Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Weather Fans   Fair Weather Fans Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 4:11 pm

I used to stick with bands through thick and thin but after a few lousy cds (like metallica) I kinda decide its not worth my time or money anymore. I dont really want to be the fan who says its all awesome and great when in reality its St. Anger Smile

Of course when you like grave digger there is no reason to discuss since they are incapable of putting out a bad album Smile

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Fair Weather Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Weather Fans   Fair Weather Fans Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:48 pm

I've been to lots of shows of bands I know nothing by.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Fair Weather Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Weather Fans   Fair Weather Fans Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 11:04 am

Sometimes it's refreshing to hear a band you know nothing of.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Fair Weather Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Weather Fans   Fair Weather Fans Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 12:00 pm

I've seen bands that I know very little to nothing about, just for something to do. I've seen Kid Rock live 3 times now, yet never owned a cd by him.

What I don't get, especially in this day and age of outrageous ticket prices, are so-called "fans" that pay to see a show, then throw things or try to intentionally piss-off the performers.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

Fair Weather Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Weather Fans   Fair Weather Fans Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 12:02 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
What I don't get, especially in this day and age of outrageous ticket prices, are so-called "fans" that pay to see a show, then throw things or try to intentionally piss-off the performers.

...or the people who pay for a show and then get so f**ked up in the parking lot beforehand that they can't remember the show the next day. How many times have you overheard this conversation at a concert?

Idiot #1: "Duuuuude, I went to (name of concert) last month..."
Idiot #2: "Duuuuude, that's awesome! How was it?"
Idiot #1: "Dude, I have no idea! I got sooooooooo WASTED dude, I can't even remember! Hahahaha!"
Idiot #2: "Hahahahaha, that's AWESOME doooood!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Fair Weather Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Weather Fans   Fair Weather Fans Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 12:18 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

if they pay those outrageous prices & get treated to a shoddy performance by a jaded rock star, then they have every right to nail him with a cup of urine.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Fair Weather Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Weather Fans   Fair Weather Fans Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 12:47 pm

mc666 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

if they pay those outrageous prices & get treated to a shoddy performance by a jaded rock star, then they have every right to nail him with a cup of urine.

Ahhhhh, so you're the guy!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Fair Weather Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Weather Fans   Fair Weather Fans Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 1:49 pm

🇬🇹
Back to top Go down

Fair Weather Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Weather Fans   Fair Weather Fans Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 2:00 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I'm watching the Molly Hatchet Flirtin With Disaster Live DVD right now. It is so obvious that most of the people at this show know only 1 song from them, Flirtin With Disaster. My question is have you or why do you think someone would go see a concert when they know only one song from the artist? It seems like a waste to me. But then I've been known to be a little sensitive about my music. Smile

I don't think this scenario would be a good example of a "Fariweather Fan"...these are just people who listen to the radio, like a song, and consider themselves a "fan" of a band not realizing (or not caring) that the band has entire albums full of songs they may like.

IMO, a "Fairweather Fan" is a person who likes a band while they're riding high and selling albums (when 'everybody else' likes them too), then quits listening to them once they're not in style any longer.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

Fair Weather Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Weather Fans   Fair Weather Fans Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 3:09 pm

Journey came through town last summer and nearly sold out the arena. I heard many people talking about the show before and after that didn't know that it wasn't Steve Perry on stage. It was Jeff Scott Soto who is a great singer and performer but nothing like Perry. These folks were talking like they were such great fans and loved the music but never knew that the man they love so much has not been in the band they love so much for over 10 years.

I go to shows regularly for bands I don't know much about, but I only shell out the big $$ for bands I know and really like.

Also I don't understand the getting wasted and not remembering the shows either as mentioned above. What a waste of time and money.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Fair Weather Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Weather Fans   Fair Weather Fans Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 2:37 am

It depends, I wouldn't spend a whole lot to see a band I no little or nothing about but if the ticket was ceap or free (or in a festival) I would try it out. However, if I'm going to loose a day of work to see the concert it will have to be a band I'm a big fan of.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

Fair Weather Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Weather Fans   Fair Weather Fans Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fair Weather Fans
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: