Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!!

Go down 
+20
Addy
SAHB Healer
sam
Metal Misfit
jstate
MetalGuy71
nevermore
the sentinel
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
MetalH
Hamer12
tohostudios
Thrasher73
Troublezone
Leatherface
mc666
Schbopo
Tall Tyrion
scottmitchell74
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!! Empty
PostSubject: I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!!   I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 11:39 pm

No cavities!!!! cheers cheers

I thought sure he'd be scheduling me for mucho fillings....imagine my relief.

I hate going.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!!   I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 11:41 pm

I've not been to the dentist in at least that long. The last time I went, it was about 10 years or so and I got the same report.... I'm not worried...
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!!   I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 11:43 pm

Did you have the dreaded 'talker'?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!!   I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 11:48 pm

No....blessed silence as I clenched in my discomfort!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!!   I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 12:08 am

I need to go. I had a tooth waaaaaay in the back fall apart like a year ago. I have no idea what happened to it, though. One day something just felt...not right, like my cheek was sunken in. A look in the mirror showed me this wasn't the case. So a little tongue research was conducted, and I discovered that basically my last tooth up the upper left side of my jaw had disappeared, three of four sides and the entire middle! HOLY CRAP!

But where the hell did it go? No clue. I must have swallowed it while sleeping. Haha. So I did a little further research and realized that because of my jaw bone, my toothbrush never touched that tooth. I have to contort my face a bit before the toothbrush gets there.

Anyway, I immediately made a dentist appointment, but then something happened at work where I had to cancel. I've never made another appointment, and the tooth has not hurt one bit since. I'm tempting fate, though, as it's only a matter of time before that nerve pops out starts firing.

I have a little plaque build-up on one bottom tooth in the front, too, right at the gum. Time to get a cleaning I think. I haven't been since 2002.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!!   I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 12:45 am

damn, i go like every six months for a cleaning & xrays. just to make sure everything is in good shape. i have had a few teeth knocked out in fights, but never from decay & neglect.

my real teeth are whiter than my porcelain dummies.

Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!!   I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 1:07 am

I need to go to because it's been years since I went myself. I just got to get over the dread and do it. I also need my wisdom teeth taken out as well. There not bothering me, I just do. I am not looking forward to that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!!   I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 5:03 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
No cavities!!!! cheers cheers

I thought sure he'd be scheduling me for mucho fillings....imagine my relief.

I hate going.

That's funny i went today as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!!   I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 8:17 am

Sounds like me Scott.I went last year for the first time in 10 years.Luckily no cavities.Did you have to hear about how you should be going at least once a year.Haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!!   I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 8:23 am

I got ya all beat. I have been to a dentist once in my life; to have my wisdom teeth removed. The people were very surprised how my teeth were in great shape for never having been to a dentist. I honestly think dentists cause more problems than they cure.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!!   I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 8:25 am

I only go when something is hurting. I've been cavity prone ever since I was a kid. Last year I had to have a root canal and two crowns. Not fun.

And not cheap either.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!!   I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 8:39 am

Quote :
I honestly think dentists cause more problems than they cure.

As the hygenist was scraping my teeth with an instrument of torture I was thinking the same thing.

"I'll just scratch off some enamel here and 18-24 months from now.....$$$$!" Twisted Evil

I kept having Seinfeld scenes running through my mind as well.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!!   I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 9:27 am

I have'nt been in over 20 years. Dont plan on going anytime soon eithier.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!!   I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 11:19 am

Wow, good to know I'm not the only one that doesn't go anymore. I'd venture to say that I haven't been in at least 5 years. My teeth are fine. I brush them every day and floss. What more do you need?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek

PostSubject: Re: I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!!   I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 11:22 am

MetalH wrote:
What more do you need?

Its more what more does the dentist need? A house boat, the daughter is going to college, high class prostitutes, crack cocaine...etc etc
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!!   I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 11:53 am

I recently went to the dentist for the first time in roughly a dozen years too. I was as surprised as anybody to find out my teeth were fine, especially after all the abuse I've given them over the years with my addictions to coffee and smokeless tobacco. (He did sound happy to hear that I'd given up the tobacco though.)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!!   I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 12:50 pm

I now go every six months - I went 4 years with out going at one time, that was after my wisdom teeth were pulled (all four at one time, I was under for that one!) had to have tons of scraping, go back 3 additional times to get "up to spec", very painful. I won't make that mistake again! My teeh are superstrong, I just need gum maintanance
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!!   I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 12:58 pm

spectrefate wrote:
MetalH wrote:
What more do you need?

Its more what more does the dentist need? A house boat, the daughter is going to college, high class prostitutes, crack cocaine...etc etc

Yes, this is true. Even more than a dentist, think what does an orthodontist need? I had braces when I was a kid. After it was all said and done, I think it cost upwards of $5,000. Sheesh!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!!   I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 3:57 pm

I am so proud of you, Scotty!!! Now your smile looks like this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!!   I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 6:27 pm

I need to go. I haven't been in awhile.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!!   I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 9:10 pm

I went for a stretch where I hadn't gone in probably 10 years or so. My wife finally nagged me into going last year for the 1st time. No problems, no cavities. Now I'm on the "every-6-months program". I've got strong, straight teeth. Never had braces and just a coupla cavities from childhood.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!!   I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 11:41 pm

Quote :
Now I'm on the "every-6-months program". I've got strong, straight teeth. Never had braces and just a coupla cavities from childhood.

That's what I'm gonna do now and that describes me. Got my Dad's good teeth and my Mom's bad eyes.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!!   I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 8:07 pm

I try and go every five years or so just to make sure everything is okay. So far, so good. But do I ever have to summon up the courage to make that appointment. Just hate going.

I actually prefer the talkers, the silent ones kind of creep me out. Its like they are plotting something. At least if the dentist is chatting away I can focus on that.

The Married With Children episode always comes to mind for me.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!!   I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 11:48 pm

I haven't gone in 4 years. I should though. My wisdom teeth have broken through the gums, but they don't hurt or anything...
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!!   I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 5:43 pm

went to the dentist for some fillings, took seven shots to numb my smurfing mouth. 3 of them had to be put after they had started. It hurt like a sob when that drill hit my unnumbed tooth.

angry
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!!   I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I went to the dentist today for the first time in 11 years!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next