Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite DORO CDs?

Go down 
+15
stormspell
kmorg
Hamer12
DeathCult
Lurideath
7thSecond
nevermore
sam
Fat Freddy
krokus
skullsmasher
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
mc666
ultmetal
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

Favorite DORO CDs? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 9:25 am

ultmetal wrote:
Doro played here last night. Didn't have the money to go though. Bummer. Probably the last chance to see her in the U.S.

Didn't work out for me either. I have a cool poster that I was hoping to get signed. I get the feeling she wont be back here again too. Ohh well, can't see 'em all I guess.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 6:52 pm

I'll admit back in the eighties it was her looks and accent that first got me to buy one of her cds. Force Majeure will probably always be my favorite. Really like most of her catalogue, even Machine II Machine. And when I'm in the right mood I actually love her acoustic Classic Diamonds album.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 7:13 pm

jstate wrote:
I'll admit back in the eighties it was her looks and accent that first got me to buy one of her cds.
fortunately she still has both.

jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 7:32 pm

Couldn't agree more.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:47 pm

I found a used Doro cd tonight for $4.99 so I couldnt resist picking it up. Its also her latest cd Fear No Evil and some of the guest appearences seemed cool so I thought it would be good.....WRONG! VERY WRONG!

Ive heard her a long time ago when I downloaded an album to check her out and I didnt like it. I really liked the Dio cover she did but thats about it. I really tried to like her since she's suppose to be some "Metal" Queen but I just don't see it. She's horrible, her voice sounds like a dying sheep and the picture of her on the back of the album looks like Gwar woman. I'm sorry but I she just doesn't do anything for me at all.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 8:47 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I found a used Doro cd tonight for $4.99 so I couldnt resist picking it up. Its also her latest cd Fear No Evil and some of the guest appearences seemed cool so I thought it would be good.....WRONG! VERY WRONG!

Ive heard her a long time ago when I downloaded an album to check her out and I didnt like it. I really liked the Dio cover she did but thats about it. I really tried to like her since she's suppose to be some "Metal" Queen but I just don't see it. She's horrible, her voice sounds like a dying sheep and the picture of her on the back of the album looks like Gwar woman. I'm sorry but I she just doesn't do anything for me at all.

mc666 is totally gonna kick your ass. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:16 pm

lol I know and im sorry, but she's just bad. I think she was better back in Warlock, but I wouldn't buy any of that stuff either cause its her lol.

My big question is, when she plays live what does she do about a band? If she has a touring drummer then why doesnt she use him for her albums? Her production is horrible too. You would just think that someone with her stature in music would be going for quality. I guess not. fainting

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 2:52 pm

Saw Warlock twice and Doro once... Back in the 80's

Only heard bits and pieces of various releases after the s/t

I dig her passion as much as the accent in her singing

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:27 am

Don't be sad, Wayne. I didn't like her last CD all that much either.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 12:48 am

Got Doro's Fear No Evil last night for 5$. Still sealed. Good deal. Need to give it a spin. Hopefully today. Not too familiar with her solo work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite DORO CDs?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2