Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What C.D's would you like to see remastered?

Go down 
+13
Thrasher73
the sentinel
Schbopo
DeathCult
Stender
ultmetal
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Rex
A Handful of Wayne
Orion Crystal Ice
Temple of Blood
metalinmyveins
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

What C.D's would you like to see remastered? Empty
PostSubject: What C.D's would you like to see remastered?   What C.D's would you like to see remastered? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 5:33 pm

There are quite a few bands that have remastered much if not all of their catalog. The bands that have remastered their C.D's:

Motley Crue
Judas Priest
Kiss
Iron Maiden
Scorpions
Van Halen
AcDc
Ozzy
Megadeth
Accept
Flotsam & Jetsam
Black Sabbath (Dio/Ozzy eras)
Queensryche
Motorhead
Trouble
Slaughter
Exodus
Great White
Aerosmith
Ted Nugent
Vinnie Vincent Invasion
Led Zeppelin
Mercyful Fate
King Diamond
Manowar
Queen
Twisted Sister
Deep Purple
Rainbow
UFO
Fates Warning
Iced Earth
Voivod

Those that haven't:

Dio
Dokken (except Tooth & Nail)
Ratt
Metallica (except gold discs released for Master/Ride)
Def Leppard (same with Pyromania/Hysteria)
Whitesnake
Anthrax
Testament (w/exception of The Legacy)
Over Kill
Suicidal Tendencies (w/exception of debut album)
Yngwie Malmsteen
Savatage
Cinderella
Winger
Bonham
Skid Row
Tesla
Nuclear Assault
Quiet Riot (W/exception of Metal Health)
Krokus
GNR
Loudness

Then you have the category of reissued albums, but I'm not sure if they've been remastered:

Armored Saint
Danzig
Slayer (I know Reign in Blood has been remastered)
Sepultura (extra tracks on albums/not sure if they've been remastered)

There are obviously a few bands that I haven't mentioned along the way. Which bands have done the best job regarding their albums being remastered/including the repackaging?

Of the bands that haven't remastered their albums, which need to get in the studio pronto?

Give me a top 3 for each.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: What C.D's would you like to see remastered?   What C.D's would you like to see remastered? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 5:34 pm

I want a remixed version of "Leave Scars".
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: What C.D's would you like to see remastered?   What C.D's would you like to see remastered? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 5:56 pm

Most things I dislike the sound on could use some remixing rather than just remastering. I would pay some $ for a killer sounding remix of 'Deathcult For Eternity' by The Chasm. God, that mix sucks, incredible album, but ugh. But in any case:

Savatage (and don't point me to the ones they apparently had done a year or two ago that nobody can find and the people that do have them dislike anyway)
Stryper (you have to turn every CD up to 10 for it to sound like 5..also probably the most horrid example of CD technology sounding crappy I've heard)

One thing that pisses me off - not much but ever so slightly - is the Queensrÿche remasters. If you listen to the 'Greatest Hits' early tracks, and then listen to the remasters, the slightly remixed AND remastered ones sound...pristine in comparison. I love my regular remasters and they're good enough for me, but had they gone that slight extra mile.... Shocked
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: What C.D's would you like to see remastered?   What C.D's would you like to see remastered? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 6:58 pm

Savatage... I heard they were in the works I just hope they put some good extras with them otherwise they would be worthless.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: What C.D's would you like to see remastered?   What C.D's would you like to see remastered? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 7:00 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Most things I dislike the sound on could use some remixing rather than just remastering. I would pay some $ for a killer sounding remix of 'Deathcult For Eternity' by The Chasm. God, that mix sucks, incredible album, but ugh. But in any case:

Savatage (and don't point me to the ones they apparently had done a year or two ago that nobody can find and the people that do have them dislike anyway)
Stryper (you have to turn every CD up to 10 for it to sound like 5..also probably the most horrid example of CD technology sounding crappy I've heard)

One thing that pisses me off - not much but ever so slightly - is the Queensrÿche remasters. If you listen to the 'Greatest Hits' early tracks, and then listen to the remasters, the slightly remixed AND remastered ones sound...pristine in comparison. I love my regular remasters and they're good enough for me, but had they gone that slight extra mile.... Shocked

That sucks about the Savatage remasters. I was thinking about looking into getting some of their back catalog. What was the problem with them?

I like the Queensryche remasters. I still need to purchase "The Warning" and "Rage For Order", but I have the rest, and like them quite a bit. I wish they had more in the liner notes/sleeve, but oh well.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: What C.D's would you like to see remastered?   What C.D's would you like to see remastered? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 7:02 pm

Testament - Souls of Black
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: What C.D's would you like to see remastered?   What C.D's would you like to see remastered? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 7:07 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:

That sucks about the Savatage remasters. I was thinking about looking into getting some of their back catalog. What was the problem with them?

I like the Queensryche remasters. I still need to purchase "The Warning" and "Rage For Order", but I have the rest, and like them quite a bit. I wish they had more in the liner notes/sleeve, but oh well.

They never released anything remasterd except for the first 2 . They only re-released the others with 1 or 2 bonus songs and they were only imports. So these remasters are still to come.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: What C.D's would you like to see remastered?   What C.D's would you like to see remastered? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 7:23 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

They never released anything remasterd except for the first 2 . They only re-released the others with 1 or 2 bonus songs and they were only imports. So these remasters are still to come.

Sweet! Is there a release date for these things, or is that still pending?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What C.D's would you like to see remastered?   What C.D's would you like to see remastered? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 7:30 pm

The early Testament and Anthrax (Neil/Joey-era) albums are tops on my request list. Played by themselves, they're not bad, just adjust the volume. However, when I hear them in my mp3 player, I need to crank the volume, then the next song comes on and blows my head off.

By the way, I just read that Motley Crue is re-releasing all of their albums again. Not sure of the details (remastered, bonus tracks, packaging?), but that's getting a bit ridiculous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What C.D's would you like to see remastered?   What C.D's would you like to see remastered? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 7:34 pm

The Flotsam and Jetsam MCA releases.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: What C.D's would you like to see remastered?   What C.D's would you like to see remastered? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 7:50 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The early Testament and Anthrax (Neil/Joey-era) albums are tops on my request list. Played by themselves, they're not bad, just adjust the volume. However, when I hear them in my mp3 player, I need to crank the volume, then the next song comes on and blows my head off.

By the way, I just read that Motley Crue is re-releasing all of their albums again. Not sure of the details (remastered, bonus tracks, packaging?), but that's getting a bit ridiculous.

Motley Crue????

Sounds kind of bizarre. I'm not sure what they would be able to do, to justify having their core fans go out and buy another remastered album. They already had demos on the last ones, along with some unreleased songs. The only thing that was weak about the remasters were the liner notes, which had a couple of quotes from the band members, otherwise it was your standard stuff inside.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What C.D's would you like to see remastered?   What C.D's would you like to see remastered? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 8:10 pm

The early Metallica albums
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What C.D's would you like to see remastered?   What C.D's would you like to see remastered? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 8:12 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Agreed. I'm really surprised the money machine that Metallica is, that they didn't reissue those albums on their respective 20 year anniversaries.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: What C.D's would you like to see remastered?   What C.D's would you like to see remastered? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 8:29 pm

spectrefate wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Agreed. I'm really surprised the money machine that Metallica is, that they didn't reissue those albums on their respective 20 year anniversaries.

I've got the gold discs for "Ride The Lightning" & "Master of Puppets", and they sound simply amazing. I wish the band would've also done this for "Kill 'Em All" as well!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What C.D's would you like to see remastered?   What C.D's would you like to see remastered? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 8:40 pm

The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral
Thresher - Totally Possessed
Godfear - Know God
All three of these have yet to even be pressed to CD. Doubt they ever will.

TT Quick - s/t (actually, I'd like to see "Metal of Honor" remastered with the TT Quick EP added on as bonus tracks)

Angel - s/t

Ted Nugent - Weekend Warriors
Ted Nugent - State of Shock
Ted Nugent - Wango Tango
All his 80's releases have been remastered and re-released. Sony remastered the first three albums and the "Great Gonzos" CD, but not these. Grrrr!!!

PostSubject: Re: What C.D's would you like to see remastered?   What C.D's would you like to see remastered? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 8:43 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Ted Nugent - Wango Tango

Scream Dream?

Or is Wango Tango a diferent release?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What C.D's would you like to see remastered?   What C.D's would you like to see remastered? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 9:24 pm

spectrefate wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Ted Nugent - Wango Tango

Scream Dream?

Or is Wango Tango a diferent release?

Scream Dream, correct.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: What C.D's would you like to see remastered?   What C.D's would you like to see remastered? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 9:29 pm

Yeah second on the moshketeers, that thing sounds like it was recorded in a tuna fish can.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: What C.D's would you like to see remastered?   What C.D's would you like to see remastered? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 9:56 pm

Id love to see Nuclear Assault's redone, with the bonus tracks from Fight To Be Free and Brain Death tossed onto the discs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: What C.D's would you like to see remastered?   What C.D's would you like to see remastered? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 10:07 pm

Jackyl's s/t
Iron Butterfly-Heavy, Metamorphosis
Primus-Suck on this
David Lee Roth-Eat em and smile
Rammstein-Sennsucht
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: What C.D's would you like to see remastered?   What C.D's would you like to see remastered? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 10:11 pm

Y & T
Krokus
Whitesnake
Dokken
Stryper
Riot
Armored Saint
Tesla
Badlands (I would love to hear, Dusk!)

I have always thought that bands, if they don't/ can't remaster or rerelease an entire discography, should at least do so with their biggest album or breakout album on a respective 20th or 25th anniversary with bonus tracks of unreleased material or some good demos. Peace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What C.D's would you like to see remastered?   What C.D's would you like to see remastered? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 10:12 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Y & T

http://store.meniketti.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=25

What else do you want? Smile
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: What C.D's would you like to see remastered?   What C.D's would you like to see remastered? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 10:49 pm

ultmetal wrote:
The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral
Thresher - Totally Possessed

I would Love to see these two released on cd.I'd be first in line to get them.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: What C.D's would you like to see remastered?   What C.D's would you like to see remastered? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 2:28 am

LICH KING - Necromantic Maelstrom: re-recorded and remixed from scratch
TEMPLE OF BLOOD - Overlord: remixed with vocals upfront

FLOTSAM & JETSAM - When the Storm... remixed

many more I cannot think of right now
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: What C.D's would you like to see remastered?   What C.D's would you like to see remastered? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 12:41 pm

spectrefate wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Y & T

http://store.meniketti.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=25

What else do you want? Smile

You are right, I totally forgot about that. It was late when I typed that. Smile

I would like to add Keel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What C.D's would you like to see remastered?   What C.D's would you like to see remastered? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What C.D's would you like to see remastered?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: