Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sex Pistols

Go down 
+8
SAHB Healer
Tall Tyrion
rattpoison
Fat Freddy
manny
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
Schbopo
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Sex Pistols - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sex Pistols   Sex Pistols - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 9:44 am

skullsmasher wrote:
I saw these guys a couple months back on one of the late night talk shows. They have all aged badly but they still sounded and acted in true Pistols manner. I have always liked these guys and could care less about how they came to be, Nevermind The Bollocks is a cool album with lots of aggression and attitude, thats what punk was all about in my opinion. They gave a great big middle finger to everything and shook up the world for a while.

I Could not have said it better.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Sex Pistols   Sex Pistols - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 6:24 pm

Recently purchased a live Sex Pistols CD from 1976 show before they recorded their album, and added the doomed Sid Vicious on bass. Very raw and in this early stage of their career the songs were already crafted and arranged.

It is an amazing document, you can hear that thru the crappy equiment and badly recorded mix that this band was the real thing. Great band.
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: Sex Pistols   Sex Pistols - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 1:30 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Was never much of a fan, I can see their influentialness, and understand why people like them, but outside of about 3 or 4 songs, not interested.

Now the GERMS on the otherhand, thats one helluva punk band.

That about sums it up for me too. I'll take the Ramones over the Pistols any day of the week.

Same here. I own Never Mind the Bollocks because you cannot deny the influence of the album. And, I do enjoy many of the songs in it. But, the truth is that even though they got most of the public's attention at the time, there were far superior punk bands in the movement. The Ramones had a better sense of humor, and melody. The Clash were more politically saavy. The Damned were first to release a single. I think the Sex Pistols are an important component of those early years, but not the best band by any means.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Sex Pistols   Sex Pistols - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:43 am

Bump

The one of the more bizzare lawsuits I had heard of. I do hope the Pistols win but if they don't , I would suggest you stay away from any ice cream flavor named Bollocks.

From Classic Rock Magazine's newsfeed:

In one of the more bizarre legal battles of recent times, The Sex Pistols are threatening to sue a company that’s selling an ice cream called The Sex Pistol.
The company, Icrecreamists, have a stall in London’s Selfridges and are even using the winning line ‘God Save The Cream’ to advertise their product – over a picture of the Queen, with the national anthem being played on guitar! They say their ice cream is ‘more Sid & Nancy than Ben & Jerry’, as it includes a shot of absinthe!
The Pistols want Icecreamists to stop using the strapline and royal image, and are also demanding damages for what they allege is copyright infringement.
Commenting on the band’s legal demands, Icecreamists founder Matt O’Connor said: “We are a bit dumbfounded that a group that made its reputation for being banned is trying to ban one of our ice creams and claim copyright over the national anthem and the Queen.”
Punk rock ice cream – what next? Hard rock cakes? NWOBHM (New Wave Of British Ham and Mustard)? Sauerkraut rock? Scotch goth? Well, we guess we’ve already had bubblegum, after all…
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Sex Pistols   Sex Pistols - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 1:56 pm

Sex Pistols - Page 2 83628

The end of the world as we know it, now you too can smell like the late Sid Vicious, is there really a market for this? I am fan but come oooooooonnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!

The Sex Pistols now have their own perfume.

Crazy as it may sound the veteran punks have gone into business with Elat Libre D’Orange to launch what’s claimed to be a ‘revolution in a bottle’.

Here’s the official description of the fragrance: ‘Fresh, restless bite of lemon, sharpened and intensified by deiant black pepper. It’s the unruly turbulence of a prune and an in-your-face ambrette. Electrified by aldehydes, you can feel the pure energy pared down and pumped up by leather, shot through with heliotrope and brought back down to earth by a raunchy patchouli’.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Sex Pistols   Sex Pistols - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:00 pm

manny wrote:
Sex Pistols - Page 2 83628

The end of the world as we know it, now you too can smell like the late Sid Vicious, is there really a market for this? I am fan but come oooooooonnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!

The Sex Pistols now have their own perfume.

Crazy as it may sound the veteran punks have gone into business with Elat Libre D’Orange to launch what’s claimed to be a ‘revolution in a bottle’.

Here’s the official description of the fragrance: ‘Fresh, restless bite of lemon, sharpened and intensified by deiant black pepper. It’s the unruly turbulence of a prune and an in-your-face ambrette. Electrified by aldehydes, you can feel the pure energy pared down and pumped up by leather, shot through with heliotrope and brought back down to earth by a raunchy patchouli’.

They had to do something with all that sweat they saved from sid's balls!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sex Pistols   Sex Pistols - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:06 pm

Quote :

I think I'd rather smell a bottle of my own diahrreha after eating crab tacos in Tijuana.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Sex Pistols   Sex Pistols - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:17 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

I think I'd rather smell a bottle of my own diahrreha after eating crab tacos in Tijuana.

That is the fragrance of the GG Allen perfume line that comes out in time for Christmas
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Sex Pistols   Sex Pistols - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:20 pm

Malcom McLaren is rolling over in his freshly dug grave. Mostly for not thinking of this idea sooner.

Sex Pistols
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: