Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

King Kobra/Cobra?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

King Kobra/Cobra? Empty
PostSubject: King Kobra/Cobra?   King Kobra/Cobra? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 10:26 pm

Which do you prefer?
King Kobra/Cobra? KingKobra
King Kobra... the band??

Or...

King Kobra/Cobra? Kingcobramalt

King Cobra... the Malt Liquor?

Though I haven't experienced either one in some time now, I'm voting for the malt liquor.

Discuss.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon May 27, 2013 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

King Kobra/Cobra? Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Kobra/Cobra?   King Kobra/Cobra? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 10:28 pm

Great. Now this is going to be a King Kobra bash thread. Smile

King Kobra were one of the top if not THE most underrated pop metal bands of the 80's. I love all of their stuff. Even their "comeback" album "Hollywood Trash".

King Cobra tastes like it was brewed from used suppositories.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

King Kobra/Cobra? Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Kobra/Cobra?   King Kobra/Cobra? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 10:30 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Great. Now this is going to be a King Kobra bash thread. Smile

No bashing here... I have King Kobra III and enjoy it from time to time...though I will admit that I purposely picked the goofiest band pic that Google Image Search could find to use in this thread. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

King Kobra/Cobra? Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Kobra/Cobra?   King Kobra/Cobra? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 10:42 pm

I had the first album 3 albums on vinyl and I got rid of them, which I have regreted ever since, especially when King Kobra III commands so much hard earned currency on ebay.
I heard years later that Marc Free (vocalist) had a sex change and became Marci Free ( or something like that) and even released a couple of solo albums as Marci
Back to top Go down

King Kobra/Cobra? Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Kobra/Cobra?   King Kobra/Cobra? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 10:52 pm

Just one solo as Marci, but it was actually an Unruly Child in disguise as 12 Pound Sledge album, but Marci released it under her name. Her first solo album was released under the Mark Free name, and is an AOR masterpiece, IMO.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

King Kobra/Cobra? Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Kobra/Cobra?   King Kobra/Cobra? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:15 pm

I will check out her/his solo album
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

King Kobra/Cobra? Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Kobra/Cobra?   King Kobra/Cobra? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:43 pm

I love the first three albums. I just discovered them about this time last year. Ready to Strike is outstanding and even though Thrill of a Lifetime went in a way poppier direction, I still dig it. III was surprisingly good as well and gets a bit back to the sound on RtS.

I haven't listened to Hollywood Trash. Most reviews I see online say it's absolutely horrible.

Signal & Unruly Child were pretty good Free-fronted bands as well.
Back to top Go down

King Kobra/Cobra? Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Kobra/Cobra?   King Kobra/Cobra? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 4:46 am

If I had to choose, I'll take a stick in the eye.
Back to top Go down

King Kobra/Cobra? Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Kobra/Cobra?   King Kobra/Cobra? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 7:13 am

DenimAndLeather wrote:
If I had to choose, I'll take a stick in the eye.

But then you would be deaf, dumb, AND blind. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

King Kobra/Cobra? Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Kobra/Cobra?   King Kobra/Cobra? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 8:57 am

I had a feeling I was gonna be the only one who liked the malt liquor better. Oh well. Tap the bottle and twist the cap...

Back to top Go down

King Kobra/Cobra? Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Kobra/Cobra?   King Kobra/Cobra? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:00 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I had a feeling I was gonna be the only one who liked the malt liquor better. Oh well. Tap the bottle and twist the cap...

Now I know why they call you the BAD-ASS!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

King Kobra/Cobra? Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Kobra/Cobra?   King Kobra/Cobra? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:04 am

There's also a malt liquor called "Hurricane" and another called "Magnum." What's with all the ghetto brews named after '80s bands?

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

King Kobra/Cobra? Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Kobra/Cobra?   King Kobra/Cobra? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:06 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
There's also a malt liquor called "Hurricane" and another called "Magnum." What's with all the ghetto brews named after '80s bands?

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

King Kobra/Cobra? Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Kobra/Cobra?   King Kobra/Cobra? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:08 am

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Now I know why they call you the BAD-ASS!

Hahaha, I haven't touched any malt liquor in YEARS. When I was a cash strapped college kid, though, those cheap 40 ouncers were the best way to get where you wanted to go quickly, if you catch my drift. My fave was Old English 800, though Colt 45 and the aforementioned King Cobra were pretty sweet buzzes as well.

If I tried to drink any of those malts now, my liver would probably jump out of my body and run away like "YIPE YIPE YIPE YIPE YIPE!"

Back to top Go down

King Kobra/Cobra? Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Kobra/Cobra?   King Kobra/Cobra? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:15 am

The only malt liquor I have had is those little Mickey's. We used to sneak them into the movie theater when I was a juvenile deliquent. Smile I can't imagine how nasty one of those 40s are.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

King Kobra/Cobra? Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Kobra/Cobra?   King Kobra/Cobra? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:18 am

spectrefate wrote:
The only malt liquor I have had is those little Mickey's. We used to sneak them into the movie theater when I was a juvenile deliquent. Smile I can't imagine how nasty one of those 40s are.

Oh yea, Mickey's was awesome... those little stubby bottles were so cool!!

The nastiest stuff I ever had was St. Ides... it was the only time I actually poured out a beer after only a few sips... absolutely godawful!!!

Crazy Horse was another powerful one... a single 40 of that was the alcohol equivalent of drinkin' a six pack of beer in one gulp... tasted kinda nasty, but if you wanted to get a quick buzz it was the fastest way to go...

See, I wasn't always a beer snob. Laughing

Back to top Go down

King Kobra/Cobra? Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Kobra/Cobra?   King Kobra/Cobra? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:23 am

You still aren't a beer snob, as far as I know. Remember Mr. PBR Outdoorsy guy? Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

King Kobra/Cobra? Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Kobra/Cobra?   King Kobra/Cobra? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:33 am

spectrefate wrote:
You still aren't a beer snob, as far as I know. Remember Mr. PBR Outdoorsy guy? Smile

How many times I gotta explain the Pabst Blue Ribbon fetish to you? When I'm away camping, I go for QUANTITY, not QUALITY. You would too if you were going to be cooped up in the woods with your family, various in-laws, a couple of dogs, and assorted hangers-on for a couple of days every month, trust me.

Once the cold weather hits and camping season ends, it's back to the IPA's and Winter Ales.

Back to top Go down

King Kobra/Cobra? Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Kobra/Cobra?   King Kobra/Cobra? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:21 pm

King Kobra - the band that has my fav rhythm section ever. Carmine Appice and Johnny Rod. Had the pleasure of meeting the guys on tour with Autograph. Johnny Rod signed my tennis shoe. He is the wildest bassist on stage I have ever seen. And they were all very cool guys. KKIII is still one of my fav albums, although I think Marcie has a better voice.
Back to top Go down

King Kobra/Cobra? Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Kobra/Cobra?   King Kobra/Cobra? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:22 pm

Sax, did you ever get around to hearing that Marci "Tormented" album I sent to you? If so, what did you think?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

King Kobra/Cobra? Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Kobra/Cobra?   King Kobra/Cobra? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:23 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Johnny Rod signed my tennis shoe. He is the wildest bassist on stage I have ever seen.

Very true. I saw W.A.S.P. once when Johnny was in the band and he was a maniac on stage... he noticed me singing along and handed me a bass pick, which I still have. Awesome guy. 🤘

Back to top Go down

King Kobra/Cobra? Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Kobra/Cobra?   King Kobra/Cobra? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:58 pm

Quote :
Sax, did you ever get around to hearing that Marci "Tormented" album I sent to you? If so, what did you think?

Yeah - I had it in the past, as well. Not nearly as good as Long Way From Love [actually, I would rank Tormented as my least fav that she ever sang on], but decent.
Back to top Go down

King Kobra/Cobra? Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Kobra/Cobra?   King Kobra/Cobra? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:59 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:

Not nearly as good as Long Way From Love [actually, I would rank Tormented as my least fav that she ever sang on], but decent.

My thoughts as well.
Back to top Go down

King Kobra/Cobra? Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Kobra/Cobra?   King Kobra/Cobra? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 1:01 pm

Me and my friends had a "secret handshake", that ended with the KK hand signal like Carmine is doing in that pic.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

King Kobra/Cobra? Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Kobra/Cobra?   King Kobra/Cobra? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 5:28 pm

Well, with the malt-liquor, you can drink about half of it, or down to the label. Then pour a Sparks or Tilt into it, and it tastes like candy. I don't think those guys would taste like candy...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

King Kobra/Cobra? Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Kobra/Cobra?   King Kobra/Cobra? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

King Kobra/Cobra?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next