Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kobra and the Lotus

Go down 
+14
corplhicks
brokentulsa
stpatrik
Eyesore
MetalRob331
Wargod
James B.
nevermore
T-Roy
mc666
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
The_Jayroh
Sutekh
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

Kobra and the Lotus Empty
PostSubject: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:25 pm

Saw these guys mentioned in Classic Rock mag a while back, and was intrigued by their description. I know there are some fans of female fronted metal bands here, so see what you think:

Have to say, it wasn't what I was expecting, but I like it!
Back to top Go down
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 3:39 am

Sutekh wrote:
Saw these guys mentioned in Classic Rock mag a while back, and was intrigued by their description. I know there are some fans of female fronted metal bands here, so see what you think:

Reminds me of a modernized Iced Earth with a woman at vocals. Not bad at all in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 5:44 am

The_Jayroh wrote:
Sutekh wrote:

Reminds me of a modernized Iced Earth with a woman at vocals. Not bad at all in my opinion.

That's a good description IMO. I like it!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 11:13 am

Don't know that I'm sold on 'em, but interesting nonetheless. Here they are covering 'Ace of Spades', so they get a point from me for that.

http://vimeo.com/13025406

The accountant-looking guy playing the solo is Rik Emmett of Triumph, a fellow Canadian. Lose 1 point.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 11:31 am

i like the music & the chick can wail.

T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 11:53 am

Sounds great! She's got nice pits too...
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 2:06 pm

her voice is very similar to Tanya Kemppainen from Soulgrind/ex-Lullacry.

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 2:19 pm

I was expecting something quite different for some reason. I like what I heard!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 11:17 am

New single from these guys and gal. I like it. You will too. Trust me. Wink

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 12:40 pm

Like it better than the other tunes "clipped" in the thread. Still wouldn't buy it

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:27 pm

Great band!

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:30 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
New single from these guys and gal. I like it. You will too. Trust me. Wink

Still sounds like female-fronted Iced Earth to me and I still like it.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 12:25 pm

Don't pay import prices. This is getting a US release next month if anyone is interested...

Quote :
The self-titled album from Calgary, Alberta, Canada-based metallers KOBRA AND THE LOTUS will be released in the U.S. on April 16 via Simmons Records/T-Boy Records/Universal Music Enterprises (UMe).

From what I gather, it's the same as the European release, no bonus tracks or anything.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 9:17 pm

Rly like what I have heard from these guys/gal HAHAH!!!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 5:42 pm

New album coming in June!

Kobra and the Lotus Kobraandthelotus_highpriestess_cover-Final

headbanger 
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 6:43 pm

Kobra initially said this album would be due back in January, so I'm anxiously awaiting it by now. Man, late June/early July will be busy with this one, new Priest, Accept & Frehley.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 11:44 am

I read that this band has been picked as the opening act for the Kiss..Def Lepard tour in the states.
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 11:53 am

brokentulsa wrote:
I read that this band has been picked as the opening act for the Kiss..Def Lepard tour in the states.

People on the Def Leppard Rock Brigade forum bitch plenty about it. Whilst most comments on Blabbermouth seems to dig the band. Personally I think it's a great three band bill. Or at least, it would have been had Paul not sounding like he went through a puberty voice change. But then again I'm not a particular fan of Kiss as a live band nowadays anyway.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 12:16 pm

Wow! The first two video posted here sold me. But it sounds like she's changing up her style according to the album teaser. Not really digging it...nevertheless, I'm gonna add them to my library at some point.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 9:48 am

The new style is interesting. Almost a Sabaton vibe - which is particularly interesting when female-fronted. Not against it, but I don't know if that track is the best "teaser" for the album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 9:50 am

Eyesore wrote:
New album coming in June!

Kobra and the Lotus Kobraandthelotus_highpriestess_cover-Final

headbanger 

Neat cover. Still haven't pulled the trigger on their last album for whatever reason. Might need to remedy that.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 10:54 am

New lyric video...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 1:46 pm

It's not a bad song, but it sounds... LIKE something. I don't know what, but it sounds like another band covering something. I want to say Ozzmosis-era Ozzy, but that isn't right. Something about it just sounds a little too close to something else.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 11:00 pm

This new album is BADFUCKINGASS! Absolutely killer front to back.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 2:56 am

Jamming it right now on Spotify. This f*cker smokes!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kobra and the Lotus
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next