Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dinosaur Jr.

Go down 
+9
Metallic Blaze
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
SpectreFate
Shawn Of Fire
DeathCult
manny
Shiney
White_Mage
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Dinosaur Jr. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Jr.   Dinosaur Jr. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 6:41 pm

OK, I've been ignoring this thread because I thought it was about Dinosaur Jr. SInce it's obviously run far afield since then, I'll chime in.

Overlooked non-metal bands from the 90s IMO:

Gin Blossoms (yeah, yeah, rag away)
The Connells (check out the album "Ring")
Soul Asylum
The BoDeans

And there are some from the 80s too that also put out albums into the 90s and beyond:

Sugar
Cracker
The Del-Lords
Del Fuegos
Guadalcanal Diary
Rank N File
Swimming Pool Qs

I went through a major alternative phase from about the mid 80s to the mid 90s and I've been on a quest to round a lot of this stuff up on CD and I've gotten almost all of it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Jr.   Dinosaur Jr. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:03 pm

I agree about Gin Blossoms and Soul Asylum I love Grave Dancers Union
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Jr.   Dinosaur Jr. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 1:43 am

Addy wrote:
I agree about Gin Blossoms and Soul Asylum I love Grave Dancers Union

Dinosaur Jr. - Page 3 495333
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Jr.   Dinosaur Jr. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 6:20 am

A lot of what I am discovering for myself are bands people already knew of...Nirvana, Alice Cooper band, Pixies, Melvins, Bob Marley, The Doors, The Ramones, Led Zeppelin, Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr, etc...I just never gave these bands a lot of attention at the time...

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Jr.   Dinosaur Jr. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 6:37 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
A lot of what I am discovering for myself are bands people already knew of...Nirvana, Alice Cooper band, Pixies, Melvins, Bob Marley, The Doors, The Ramones, Led Zeppelin, Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr, etc...I just never gave these bands a lot of attention at the time...

Well better late then never, and some of the bands you named, especially the Doors I could not have imagined my life without them, its like their music is almost apart of my DNA
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Jr.   Dinosaur Jr. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 8:13 am

Sugar is another "new to me" band...after buying/listening to all 4 of thier CDs I can really hear where Foo Fighters are heavily influenced by them...I have since also picked up some Bob Mould solo albums...I need to get some Husker Du. I had a girlfriend in 10th grade who was into Husker Du, but I was too entrenched in hair metal to pay attention...

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Jr.   Dinosaur Jr. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 3:14 am

Husker Du is another band I keep wanting to get into, but never have. I'll have to change that.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Jr.   Dinosaur Jr. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 9:27 am

The guy from Husker Du does a duet with Dave Grohl on the newest Foo Fighter's song "Dear Rosemary"
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Jr.   Dinosaur Jr. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dinosaur Jr.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3