Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How you got on Heart Of Metal?

Go down 
+45
GrandNational
Sabbath In Solitude
Am I Evil?
mr.electric39
MetalRob331
EvyMetal
metalinmyveins
QuothTheRaven
sam
Selvmord
XYZ
skullsmasher
bgast1
White_Mage
DeathCult
TheGooch
kmorg
ultmetal
tohostudios
jstate
Fat Freddy
rattpoison
HellRaiser
Leatherface
the sentinel
Metal Misfit
Thrasher73
powermacho
Lurideath
Wargod
Tall Tyrion
exact33
SAHB Healer
ThrashedOutCobra33
thejokeriv
TrogDawn
James B.
mc666
arttieTHE1manparty
nevermore
MoonChild
A Handful of Wayne
scottmitchell74
UltraMagnus007
manny
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

How you got on Heart Of Metal? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:32 pm

Recently stumbled across it by accident while surfing the net at work (insert shocked expression here). Read through a few posts and it looked like a nice comfortable place to hang out. I'm very glad I found it, alot of cool people here!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:40 pm

I honestly don't even remember how I got here. I think it was from Kmorg.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:51 pm

I discovered this site, when It was created when The guys from Ultimatum talked about their official Forum, which is this one. Then I got signed in, but I only used to check the bands updates. Until this year, I started to post commends on the Heart of Metal forum, and take visit when I have time.

I think there was another site like this one with the Ult guys, if I remember well(2 years ago). But I don't remember very well
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Came on at the old cheezy board site.I first found Ults site doing a search on Vengeance Rising trying to find out more of the story on why Roger turned from christianity
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:21 pm

manny wrote:
I discovered it thru No Life til Metal, which I discovered when I was looking for online metal cd reviews, it took me a couple of years before I made the decision to join the board since I have never taken part on any online discussions on any subject.

Same. I think I was checking the site on a frequent basis for around 2-3 years before even thinking about the board. In fact, I think the first time I looked at the message board was when I registered at the old one.

It's only been in the last 2 years that I've really gotten into message boards... Now I'm addicted to a small handful! Each satisfies a different hobby in my life, although once in a blue moon I'll check on SleazeRoxx.com's board too.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:42 pm

Like a lot of you, I came here via Scott's NLTM page. I lurked for a few months just to get the feel of the place and the member's personalities. The only other forum I have ever discussed anything in was on the IMDB. My old avatar was a photoshopped version of the Metallion from the cover of Priest's Defenders of the Faith album that was made for me another member here, T-Roy. Then I had the alternate cover to Priest's Point of Entry album, then a Whitesnake one, then someon's band from here, and now the Deep Purple one. I love it here!!!!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:44 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:

It's only been in the last 2 years that I've
really gotten into message boards... Now I'm addicted to a small
handful! Each satisfies a different hobby in my life, although once in
a blue moon I'll check on SleazeRoxx.com's board too.

I didn't know they had a forum there, I have gone there to check info on some bands, but that's about it. Thanks for the info. peace.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 1:06 am

I emailed Ult and told him I was a fan of NLTM and he wrote me back and invited me to join the board. Simple as that. Oh, I'm much too cool to have an avatar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 2:04 am

Wow, I've been checking NLTM since 2004 (if I remember correctly, his site came up when I was doing a search on Van Halen) and started checking out the Heart Of Metal board whenever Ult put up the link on his page.

I actually started posting here close to a year later when a thread on Sweet was started Cool
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 2:06 am

HellRaiser wrote:

I actually started posting here close to a year later when a thread on Sweet was started Cool

My great Sweet thread, might be time to bump that.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 8:49 am

Like most here, I got onto H.O.M. thru Ultmetal's site. In the early 00's I was looking for Christian metal info (at the time I was trying to replace a lot of my old cassettes with CD copies) and any time I put a Christian metal band's name into Google search, No Life Til Metal would be one of the first sites to pop up. So I started checking NLTM frequently and after a while I finally decided to join the H.O.M. forum as well. Now y'all are stuck with me cuz I'm hooked.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 9:20 am

Same old story here. Looking for a review of something then stumbled onto here. Lurked for a bit. Then exact33 was selling some things and I thought I'd better sign up to get in on it. Never looked back. Actually it is probably the longest I've gone being on a board. Usually I get bored with them or they descend into stupidity. This place has a cool vibe without all the other things that go along with most boards.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 9:29 am

I found it from CMR. I think my first avatar was Godzilla's head.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 9:54 am

I met kmorg, arttie, rex and some of the other old guard at the old Tourniquet board back around 1999. That board had some people on a power trip running it so we decided to create our own board. We had another mutual friend whose name was trashcanman at the time. He was the original owner of the CMR, but we created the board together. I actually objected to the original name "Christian Metal Realm" as I thought it would limit the site to Christians only. However, trashcanman decided differently. At the same time, trashcanman set up the original Ultimatum board. Trash eventually gave up control of the CMR to Arttie and the Ultimatum board to me. I was an administrator at the CMR, as was Rex and Kmorg. Kmorg and Arttie were administrators on the old Ultimatum board.

Eventually the Ultimatum board split into the NoLifeTilMetal/Ultimatum board. Kmorg had his Metal-Metropolis board. Eventually we decided to just combine the two boards into one and the Heart of Metal was created. We were originally an EZ board, but when EZ started forcing us all to use Yuku, or whatever it was called, we decided to move. Kmorg moved the board here and is now the owner of this board with myself, Arttie and Rex as administrators.

I don't remember what my original avatar is. My current avatar is Konrad Reeder of the New Mexico Scorpions leaving a trail of "Blood on the Ice"!

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 1:53 pm

I used my computer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 1:57 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
I used my computer.

Cheeky bugger.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 2:14 pm

spectrefate wrote:
emptytomb1 wrote:
I used my computer.

Cheeky bugger.

Always.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 2:17 pm

Leatherface wrote:
I emailed Ult and told him I was a fan of NLTM and he wrote me back and invited me to join the board. Simple as that. Oh, I'm much too cool to have an avatar.

No, you're not! Laughing very hard

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 2:35 pm

In 2003 I got online, which didn't happen thar much. I searched Stryper and found a link to the Stryperforum and saw they were doing a reuinion tour. I then found a link to the CMR, and then a link to the old Ulty board which was dead at the time.

I can still remember the first day Ult took over the old Ulty board, and got it started.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:13 pm

put your glasses on and listen how nice it smells...
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:47 pm

i found it on no life til metal which i found doing a google image search for an album cover of somethin i cant recall

my first avatar was the cover to master of reality by black sabbath
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:54 pm

s-777 wrote:
put your glasses on and listen how nice it smells...
That may be the quote of the year for me!!! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:09 pm

Sax invited me, blame him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:30 pm

Allthough BM already explained how I got on to HOM I have some amusing things I'd like to add.

I remeber when I first started lurking around here I didn't reconize the picture of Doro in MC666's old avatar so I thought it was a picture of MC666 so I thought he was a girl for a little while and of course I realized otherwise when he stared talking about how much he liked women and his dong
lol!

And since I've never met Eyesore I still picture him as ol' Herbert Kornfeld

Does anyone else picture people based on their avatar
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:35 pm

White_Mage wrote:
Does anyone else picture people based on their avatar

I'm pretty sure Deathcult is Eddie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How you got on Heart Of Metal?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next