Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011...

Go down 
+17
sam
Leatherface
the sentinel
DallasBlack
ThrashedOutCobra33
tohostudios
TheGooch
scottmitchell74
thejokeriv
Thrasher73
MoonChild
Troublezone
Tall Tyrion
exact33
Stender
XYZ
Fat Freddy
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011... Empty
PostSubject: The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011...   The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 9:12 pm

...at least according to the folks who run this site:

http://www.may212011.com/the_rapture

I passed a car on the highway yesterday whose entire outside - doors, windows, trunk lid, bumpers, fenders, etc. -- was literally plastered with writings about the rapture being on this particular date and this Web address. I thought it was funny so I figured I'd pass it along, y'know, just in case anybody needs to make plans.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011...   The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 9:35 pm

Ah yes. I always love to hear about people who think they have figured out God.

On a related note, Sir Isaac Newton predicted the world would end in 2060, and the Mian calendar ends on December 21, 2012. So who knows.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011...   The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 9:42 pm

No one knows the day or the hour....
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011...   The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 9:53 pm

the bigger question is will the rapture affect those who are amillennialists?

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011...   The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 10:02 pm

exact33 wrote:
the bigger question is will the rapture affect those who are amillennialists?

The bigger question after reading your post is... what the heck is an "amiellennialist?" Shocked

But seriously, you guys should've seen this car. I came up behind it on the NY State Thruway and was like "oh boy, get a load of this guy." It was a beat up looking old Dodge of some sort, dirty as hell, with stickers and writing all over it about the rapture, the date, WELCOME BACK CHRIST OUR LORD and all sorts of other fun stuff. The cherry on top was that its rear license plate was on upside down, and it looked like it was done that way on purpose.

When I passed by the car I got a look at the people driving it and they were a shriveled-up lookin' elderly couple.

...Then we got home from our errands and found that the Jehovahs' Witnesses had been thru the neighborhood, cuz there were copies of their "Awake!" and "The WatchTower" magazines sitting on our front steps.... was God trying to tell me something yesterday?? Shocked

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011...   The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 10:37 pm

Wonder what Debbie Harry thinks of all this?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011...   The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 10:39 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:

That man from Mars, first he was eatin' bars and eatin' cars but now he only eats guitars.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011...   The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 12:52 am

SAXON1500 wrote:

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011...   The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 1:11 am

Well, not we know one day it WON'T be. lol!

Fat Freddy wrote:

The bigger question after reading your post is... what the heck is an "amiellennialist?" Shocked

Amillenialists do not believe that there is or ever will be any literal period of time known as the Millenium (Rev 20, etc...). Most mainline Protestant denominations and the Catholic Church basically teach some form of Amillenialism.

Premillenialists (I'm in this camp) believe in a yet future Millenium and Postmillenialists believe that we are now living in the Millenium.

Then there are Panmillenialists who think it will all pan out in the end. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011...   The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 3:45 am

I guess they want to rewrite the bible because it clearly says no one knows the day or hour.

Last edited by troublezone on Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011...   The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 3:52 am

On the site all their guessing is based on the flood and Noah. I heard there is some kind of punishment for false prophets and false predictions.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011...   The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 4:39 am

Some people are meant to be stupid but the irony is that they spread their stupidity in the name of fear as well.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011...   The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 8:24 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Well, not we know one day it WON'T be. lol!

Fat Freddy wrote:

Amillenialists do not believe that there is or ever will be any literal period of time known as the Millenium (Rev 20, etc...). Most mainline Protestant denominations and the Catholic Church basically teach some form of Amillenialism.

Premillenialists (I'm in this camp) believe in a yet future Millenium and Postmillenialists believe that we are now living in the Millenium.

Then there are Panmillenialists who think it will all pan out in the end. Laughing

Ahhh, gotcha.... I think. scratch Ya learn something new everyday. Thanx for the info.

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011...   The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 8:54 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

It was a beat up looking old Dodge of some sort, dirty as hell

Al Bundy?!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011...   The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 9:10 am

thrasher73 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Al Bundy?!

Laughing very hard It did kinda look like the Bundy car now that you mention it.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011...   The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 9:16 am

I remember back in 1988, the big deal was a small booklet called "88 reasons the rapture will happen in 1988". People actually sold their houses and waited on hilltops for the rapture.

Anyone see a movie thatw as out years ago called "the Rapture" with Mimi Rodgers and David Duchovney? Pretty wild movie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011...   The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 9:18 am

Not like anyone cares, but this whole concept is what made me want to convert to Catholicism. I respect those who believe in it though.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011...   The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 9:54 am

thejokeriv wrote:
I remember back in 1988, the big deal was a small booklet called "88 reasons the rapture will happen in 1988".

I bought that booklet in about '96 or so. Got it real cheap. Cool
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011...   The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 10:01 am

thejokeriv wrote:
I remember back in 1988, the big deal was a small booklet called "88 reasons the rapture will happen in 1988". People actually sold their houses and waited on hilltops for the rapture.

...and I betcha they felt reeeeeeeaaaaaaaalllly stupid after they stood there for awhile and nothing happened... kinda like the folks who stockpiled several years' worth of canned food and ammo and then waited for the Y2K bug to crash every computer on earth and destroy humanity.

Does anybody remember the "Simpsons" episode where the kids find what they think is the skeleton of an angel, and the whole town stands around it waiting for a message about the end of the world? It turned out to be a promotional item for the new Mall... when it finally spoke it said "THIS IS THE END... of high prices!" Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011...   The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 10:39 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Does anybody remember the "Simpsons" episode where
the kids find what they think is the skeleton of an angel, and the
whole town stands around it waiting for a message about the end of the
world? It turned out to be a promotional item for the new Mall... when
it finally spoke it said "THIS IS THE END... of high prices!" Laughing very hard

Great episode. lol!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011...   The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 10:57 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Al Bundy?!

Laughing very hard It did kinda look like the Bundy car now that you mention it.

Haha.I never knew ol Al was so Religious lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011...   The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:05 am

Quote :
Haha.I never knew ol Al was so Religious lol!

Al Bundy DID seem to spend a lot of time praying for death, as I recall... so it would make sense that he'd still be out there somewhere, hoping the world is going to end soon Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011...   The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 5:12 pm

It's the end of the world as we know it....(you know you want to finish it)
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011...   The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 5:32 pm

I'll be there!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011...   The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:55 pm

Uh, to help people out you can send me you're cd's and I will care for them really, really nicely. Put a plaque of thanks up and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011...   The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next