Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another Metal Christmas album...

Go down 
+9
shamgar75
mc666
kmorg
thejokeriv
Rex
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Another Metal Christmas album... Empty
PostSubject: Another Metal Christmas album...   Another Metal Christmas album... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 11:00 am

Another Metal Christmas album... 2784549297_0523d48688

I guess Twisted Sister's TWISTED CHRISTMAS did well enough that everyone else now wants to get on the bandwagon...though I have to say, there's quite an impressive cast list on this one!!

LEMMY, DIO, IOMMI, ALICE COOPER, GEOFF TATE Featured On 'Metal Christmas' Album - Aug. 21, 2008
Santa Claus is barreling on into town... like a freekin' runaway freight train!

Bob Kulick and Brett Chassen have just finished the mastering of one of the most amazing Christmas albums!

Christmas, you say? These days you gotta start early to get the word out!

Recorded in the 101-degree Van Nuys, California sunshine this summer, with some help from their friends, "We Wish You A Metal Christmas and a Headbanging New Year" will be released in the U.S. on October 14 via Amoury Records and Black Ion Music.

Take your favorite classic holiday tunes ... sprinkle in some shreddin' guitar, blasting vocals, and raucous beats... and you've got yourself a metal album that'll make even Santa bang his head. "We Wish You A Metal Christmas and a Headbanging New Year" is a lineup of hard rock and heavy metal's finest giving their own unique twist to Christmas classics old and new. This is definitely not an album for the faint-hearted. Featuring all brand new studio recordings from stars such as Alice Cooper, Lemmy Kilmister, Ronnie James Dio, Dave Grohl, Billy Gibbons, Tony Iommi and more, this is Christmas as you've never heard it before!

"We Wish You A Metal Christmas and a Headbanging New Year" track listing:

01. We Wish You A Merry Xmas
Jeff Scott Soto (TALISMAN, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, JOURNEY)
Bruce Kulick (KISS, UNION)
Bob Kulick
Chris Wyse (THE CULT)
Ray Luzier (KORN, DAVID LEE ROTH, ARMY OF ANYONE)

02. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
Alice Cooper
John 5 (ROB ZOMBIE, MARILYN MANSON)
Billy Sheehan (DAVID LEE ROTH, TALAS, MR. BIG)
Vinny Appice (DIO, HEAVEN AND HELL, BLACK SABBATH)

03. Run Rudolph Run
Lemmy Kilmister (MOTÖRHEAD)
Billy F. Gibbons (ZZ TOP)
Dave Grohl (FOO FIGHTERS)

04. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN AND HELL, BLACK SABBATH)
Tony Iommi (HEAVEN AND HELL, BLACK SABBATH)
Rudy Sarzo (QUIET RIOT, WHITESNAKE, DIO)
Simon Wright (AC/DC, DIO)

05. Little Drummer Boy
Doug Pinnick (KING's X)
George Lynch (DOKKEN)
Simon Phillips (THE WHO, TOTO)

06. Santa Claus Is Back In Town
Tim "Ripper" Owens (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, JUDAS PRIEST, ICED EARTH)
Steve Morse (DEEP PURPLE)
Juan Garcia (AGENT STEEL)
Marco Mendoza (WHITESNAKE, TED NUGENT)
Vinny Appice (DIO, HEAVEN AND HELL, BLACK SABBATH)

07. Silent Night
Chuck Billy (TESTAMENT)
Scott Ian (ANTHRAX)
Jon Donais (SHADOWS FALL)
Chris Wyse (THE CULT)
John Tempesta (ROB ZOMBIE, THE CULT)

08. Silver Bells
Geoff Tate (QUEENSRŸCHE)
Carlos Cavazo (QUIET RIOT, RATT)
James Lomenzo (MEGADETH, WHITE LION)
Ray Luzier (KORN, DAVID LEE ROTH, ARMY OF ANYONE)

09. Deck the Halls
Oni Logan (LYNCH MOB)
Craig Goldy (DIO)
Tony Franklin (THE FIRM)
John Tempesta (ROB ZOMBIE, THE CULT)

10. Grandma Got Ran Over By a Reindeer
Stephen Pearcy (RATT)
Tracii Guns (L.A. GUNS, BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION)
Bob Kulick
Greg Bissonette (DAVID LEE ROTH)

11. Rockin' Around the Xmas Tree
Joe Lynn Turner (RAINBOW, DEEP PURPLE)
Bruce Kulick (KISS, UNION)
Bob Kulick
Rudy Sarzo (QUIET RIOT, WHITESNAKE, DIO)
Simon Wright AC/DC, DIO)

12. Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
Tommy Shaw (STYX)
Steve Lukather (TOTO)
Marco Mendoza (WHITESNAKE, TED NUGENT)
Kenny Aronoff (TONY IOMMI, SMASHING PUMPKINS)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Another Metal Christmas album...   Another Metal Christmas album... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 11:11 am

Looks like fun. I'll have to pick this up.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Another Metal Christmas album...   Another Metal Christmas album... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 11:12 am

ultmetal wrote:

Yea, I probably will too... it'll be worth the price just to hear Lemmy do "Run Rudolph Run!" Laughing very hard

Though I doubt the version of "Silent Night" on here will come anywhere close to the awesomeness of Deliverance's classic version. 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Another Metal Christmas album...   Another Metal Christmas album... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 11:15 am

One thing though, these Bob Kulick projects where he gets a bunch of names to record a compilation or tribute usually turn out sounding rather generic.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Another Metal Christmas album...   Another Metal Christmas album... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 11:21 am

ultmetal wrote:
One thing though, these Bob Kulick projects where he gets a bunch of names to record a compilation or tribute usually turn out sounding rather generic.

It's not only Bob Kulick, most of those multi-artist compilations (i.e. individual musicians from all different bands getting slapped together on each song, as opposed to entire bands covering each track) come out that way. Many of the tribute albums that Cleopatra Records put out in the late 90s/early 00s suffered from the same problem. One guy from one band on vocals, one guy from another band on guitar, etc., etc.... I guess that's what happens when one guy records his part in one place, another guy does his in another place, and then it's all put together in ProTools or whatever. It ends up sounding a little wishy-washy.

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Another Metal Christmas album...   Another Metal Christmas album... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 11:32 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Though I doubt the version of "Silent Night" on here will come anywhere close to the awesomeness of Deliverance's classic version. 🤘

My thoughts exactly
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Another Metal Christmas album...   Another Metal Christmas album... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 11:35 am

ultmetal wrote:

Same here. I always enjoy a different take on the traditional Christmas tunes, even if the trend is getting a little stale.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Another Metal Christmas album...   Another Metal Christmas album... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 11:55 am

I'm looking forward to this!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Another Metal Christmas album...   Another Metal Christmas album... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 12:50 pm

I'll pick it up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Metal Christmas album...   Another Metal Christmas album... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 1:02 pm

I'll pee on it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Another Metal Christmas album...   Another Metal Christmas album... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 1:06 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
I'll pee on it.

You're a mean one, Mister Grinch.

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Another Metal Christmas album...   Another Metal Christmas album... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 1:23 pm

Bahumbug!

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Another Metal Christmas album...   Another Metal Christmas album... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 1:44 pm

first time i've ever wanted to smack Chuck Billy & Lemmy.

PostSubject: Re: Another Metal Christmas album...   Another Metal Christmas album... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 2:07 pm

I'm not much a christmas person. i do my little thing with my family and enjoy seeing my nieces and nephews open their gifts.

Christmas metal sucks, imo.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Another Metal Christmas album...   Another Metal Christmas album... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 4:07 pm

Christmas + Metal = cool
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Another Metal Christmas album...   Another Metal Christmas album... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 7:39 pm

If I find it, I probably get it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: Another Metal Christmas album...   Another Metal Christmas album... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 7:56 pm

Woah. Lemmy with Billy Gibbons and Dave Grohl on the same song? fainting
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Another Metal Christmas album...   Another Metal Christmas album... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 12:16 am

Chuck Billy and Scott Ian together on Silent Night? Shocked I would have chosen a different song for them...

I might look into this. Sounds like fun.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Another Metal Christmas album...   Another Metal Christmas album... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 12:17 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:
I'll pee on it.

Now that would have been a cool tune to make a metal version of!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Metal Christmas album...   Another Metal Christmas album... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 12:23 am

Can we at least take a season off from these pieced together "tribute" albums? None of these musicians ever share a recording area. They are all pieced together later, thus explaining the lack luster results. If people would stop buying this crap, companies would stop producing it.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Another Metal Christmas album...   Another Metal Christmas album... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 12:14 am

Awesome!! I've been rehashing the Merry Axemas cd's for the last 6 or 7 years. This one looks promising! I love heavy metal Christmas!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Another Metal Christmas album...   Another Metal Christmas album... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 10:55 am

QuothTheRaven wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:
I'll pee on it.

Gary Hoey does a wicked guitar instrumental version of it on one of his Ho, Ho, Hoey!! Christmas albums. Very cool.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Another Metal Christmas album...   Another Metal Christmas album... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 10:07 am

QuothTheRaven wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:
I'll pee on it.

I always pictured a doom-metal version of that one, sung either by Eric Wagner (ex-Trouble) or Lee Dorrian (Cathedral). Mostly because I think it'd be funny as hell to either one of those guys singing the line "You're a nasty-wasty skunk, your heart is full of unwashed socks, your soul is full of gunk, Mister Grinch" Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Another Metal Christmas album...   Another Metal Christmas album... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 9:55 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
QuothTheRaven wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:
I'll pee on it.

I always pictured a doom-metal version of that one, sung either by Eric Wagner (ex-Trouble) or Lee Dorrian (Cathedral). Mostly because I think it'd be funny as hell to either one of those guys singing the line "You're a nasty-wasty skunk, your heart is full of unwashed socks, your soul is full of gunk, Mister Grinch" Laughing very hard

Laughing very hard That would be great.

I think I'll suggest this cover to my doom metal band and break it out for a december gig then maybe record it for kicks
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Another Metal Christmas album...   Another Metal Christmas album... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 10:38 pm

White_Mage wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
QuothTheRaven wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:
I'll pee on it.

Laughing very hard That would be great.

I think I'll suggest this cover to my doom metal band and break it out for a december gig then maybe record it for kicks

Sweet! Make sure to YouTube it!!

Another holiday favorite that could easily be metalized is "Riverbottom Nightmare Band" from "Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas," by the way Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Metal Christmas album...   Another Metal Christmas album... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Metal Christmas album...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next