Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Precious Death

Go down 
+3
ultmetal
Hamer12
Troublezone
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Precious Death Empty
PostSubject: Precious Death   Precious Death Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 8:40 am

Anyone remember this band?
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

Precious Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Precious Death   Precious Death Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 8:49 am

I picked up 2 disc, cant remeber which right this second, for a buck a piece recently, have'nt listened to eithier yet. Hope to spin them this weekend.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Precious Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Precious Death   Precious Death Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 9:01 am

Yes, love "Our Stinkin' Demo" and "Southpaw". I didn't think the follow-ups were quite as good. Their self-titled CD was terrible. However, that demo and first release were great.

Precious Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Precious Death   Precious Death Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 9:10 am

Southpaw was awesome....first CD my son (then 18 months old) ever banged his head to!!

🤘
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Precious Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Precious Death   Precious Death Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 10:10 am

I have Southpaw and If You Must.Southpaw is a great album.If You Must is o.k but moved into more of a slower,groove sound.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Precious Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Precious Death   Precious Death Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 10:53 am

thrasher73 wrote:
I have Southpaw and If You Must.Southpaw is a great album.If You Must is o.k but moved into more of a slower,groove sound.

Ultimatum did a show with Precious Death back in the mid-1990's at the University of NM. Their drummer was an ultra cool cat! The put on a great show to a very thin crowd. We advertised like crazy. Radio ads, flyers all over town and on campus, etc. 50 people showed up. Disappointing since we had recently promoted a show with Ultimatum, Jesus Freaks and Mortification and nearly 400 people show up, and that show was in a church. The Precious Death show was on campus in the center of downtown Albuquerque. Since we were the promoters for the show, we lost our shirts. We gave Precious Death all the door money, all our table sales money, plus we fed them, put them in hotels, etc. (The usual promoter fair) They did alright considering the crowd. A couple weeks later their guitarist was calling us threatening us with law suits if we didn't give them more money. It was the most ridiculous thing I had ever heard. Their drummer called us up later and apologized for the way their guitarist behaved. We still ended up giving them a couple hundred dollars more on top of what we had already given them. That was the last show we ever tried to help promote.

Anyhow, said all that to say, I spoke to the band about 'If You Must', as it had just been released. He said they were going for more of a Pantera sound on that album. Indeed.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Precious Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Precious Death   Precious Death Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 2:12 pm

Quote :
that demo and first release were great.

Yeah I agree. Seen them numerous times back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Precious Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Precious Death   Precious Death Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 5:57 pm

ultmetal wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:

Ultimatum did a show with Precious Death back in the mid-1990's at the University of NM. Their drummer was an ultra cool cat! The put on a great show to a very thin crowd. We advertised like crazy. Radio ads, flyers all over town and on campus, etc. 50 people showed up. Disappointing since we had recently promoted a show with Ultimatum, Jesus Freaks and Mortification and nearly 400 people show up, and that show was in a church. The Precious Death show was on campus in the center of downtown Albuquerque. Since we were the promoters for the show, we lost our shirts. We gave Precious Death all the door money, all our table sales money, plus we fed them, put them in hotels, etc. (The usual promoter fair) They did alright considering the crowd. A couple weeks later their guitarist was calling us threatening us with law suits if we didn't give them more money. It was the most ridiculous thing I had ever heard. Their drummer called us up later and apologized for the way their guitarist behaved. We still ended up giving them a couple hundred dollars more on top of what we had already given them. That was the last show we ever tried to help promote.

Anyhow, said all that to say, I spoke to the band about 'If You Must', as it had just been released. He said they were going for more of a Pantera sound on that album. Indeed.

That sucks man... the guitarist had a lot of nerve to behave that way especially since your band was trying to help promote theirs and you sacrificed your earnings.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

Precious Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Precious Death   Precious Death Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 4:16 pm

troublezone wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:

That sucks man... the guitarist had a lot of nerve to behave that way especially since your band was trying to help promote theirs and you sacrificed your earnings.

Wow - that's just wrong.

Their last cd was TOTAL sign
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Precious Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Precious Death   Precious Death Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 6:19 pm

I have the Southpaw disc and love it! Don't have any of their other stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Precious Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Precious Death   Precious Death Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Precious Death
Page 1 of 1