Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The bands that you need to see

Go down 
+17
skullsmasher
Metal Misfit
XYZ
scottmitchell74
ThrashedOutCobra33
kmorg
manny
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Leatherface
SAHB Healer
DallasBlack
mc666
Stender
Orion Crystal Ice
ultmetal
powermacho
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

The bands that you need to see - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bands that you need to see   The bands that you need to see - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 5:34 pm

detuned wrote:
Rush. I'm still not sure how, but I've never been at the right place at the right time to see them...either I'm out of town when they're playing, or the gig is sold out, or I have the flu...

I am ashamed to say I have never seen Rush either, thankfully they are still alive and touring
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The bands that you need to see   The bands that you need to see - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 7:28 pm

too many to mention!...
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: The bands that you need to see   The bands that you need to see - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:01 pm

I forgot to add ROCK ROCK,and HIRAX with Glenn(So I wait until 2AM outside to get one picture with him and some Deliverance and Vengeance rising cd's signed 🤘 )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The bands that you need to see   The bands that you need to see - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:22 pm

Who is Rock Rock, PM?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The bands that you need to see   The bands that you need to see - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:18 am

Testament, the set they did on the Masters was too short.

Also I need to see Motorhead, Heaven & Hell, and Judas Priest individually as well as Dio when the H&H thing is done.

I would love to see Shadow Gallery but alas, they are not a touring band.

I would also love to see Jorn Lande and Russel Allen do a tour together with Mangus, but like Saviour Machine and Shadow Gallery, it aint going to happen.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: The bands that you need to see   The bands that you need to see - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 12:48 pm

Van Halen
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The bands that you need to see   The bands that you need to see - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 12:55 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Who is Rock Rock, PM?

Rock Rock is a miss-spelled Rob Rock, I reckon.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: The bands that you need to see   The bands that you need to see - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 1:25 pm

kmorg wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:
Who is Rock Rock, PM?

Rock Rock is a miss-spelled Rob Rock, I reckon.
lol! Yes it is Rob Rock
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The bands that you need to see   The bands that you need to see - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 9:59 pm

I would love to see Rock Rock, too, then. Whomever he is playing with [but after obviously eliminating a M.A.R.S. reunion, Impellitteri would be the coolest!].
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: The bands that you need to see   The bands that you need to see - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 10:14 pm

KISS, Megadeth, Bon Jovi, Scorpions, Poison, Def Leppard, Judas Priest, Alice Cooper, GNR, Velvet Revolver, Van Halen

I had tickets to KISS on their Rock the Nation tour, but Paul got sick so they cancelled two shows and mine was one of'em. Sad
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: The bands that you need to see   The bands that you need to see - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 9:36 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
KISS, Megadeth, Bon Jovi, Scorpions, Poison, Def Leppard, Judas Priest, Alice Cooper, GNR, Velvet Revolver, Van Halen

I had tickets to KISS on their Rock the Nation tour, but Paul got sick so they cancelled two shows and mine was one of'em. Sad

Thats a drag, Hope you get another chance to see KISS, they are like no other. I have seen them several times and every show was great, nearly identical to each other but always great.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The bands that you need to see   The bands that you need to see - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 9:45 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
I would love to see Rock Rock, too, then. Whomever he is playing with [but after obviously eliminating a M.A.R.S. reunion, Impellitteri would be the coolest!].

Saxon I thought name of the band was Project:Driver and "M.A.R.S.' was the name of the album, I just remember them calling the band Driver than they had change the name to Project: Driver, do I have it backwards?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The bands that you need to see   The bands that you need to see - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 9:46 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Driver
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The bands that you need to see   The bands that you need to see - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 9:49 am

spectrefate wrote:

Thanks for the info, I thought the name had been project: Driver due to legal reasons couldn't just be Driver, it turns out I have been filing wrong in my vinyl collection for years !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The bands that you need to see   The bands that you need to see - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 10:56 am

Well, it gets confusing because RR did put out an ep with Roy Z in '90 under the band name "Driver". So, I think you are both correct. But I rather see Macalpine/Sarzo/Aldrich than Z/Brando/Zampa.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: The bands that you need to see   The bands that you need to see - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 9:03 pm

Short list would be....

Scorpions, Over Kill, Testament, Dio, & Yngwie Malmsteen. Does anyone live in or around the Chicago area? Because Yngwie will be playing at "The House of Blues" on October 19th. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of metal buddies, or if they are into metal, they have a wife and kids. Which equates to no time on their hands for anything outside of home life.
Back to top Go down
Daybreaker
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: The bands that you need to see   The bands that you need to see - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 2:41 pm

Pretty Maids
Pink Cream 69
Axxis
MAGNUM
Bonfire
Danger Danger
Within Temptation
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: The bands that you need to see   The bands that you need to see - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 7:53 pm

Motorhead
Saxon
Van Halen
Metal Church
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: The bands that you need to see   The bands that you need to see - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:44 pm

I've seen 165 different bands in the last 20 years. Yes, I keep track. There aren't too many bands left that I HAVE to see. I'd like to see Motorhead , AC/DC and King's X again though.

Off the top of my head, I would like to see:

In Flames
Katatonia
Lullacry
Mortiis
Tiamat
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: The bands that you need to see   The bands that you need to see - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 1:00 am

manny wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Thanks for the info, I thought the name had been project: Driver due to legal reasons couldn't just be Driver, it turns out I have been filing wrong in my vinyl collection for years !!
The new album from the band DRIVER will be out on the end of year. Rob Rock and Roy Z are on it. It will be one of the best albums from Rob Rock
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The bands that you need to see   The bands that you need to see - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The bands that you need to see
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2