Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Remember Tomorrow

Go down 
+16
GrandNational
Orion Crystal Ice
Smindas
kmorg
Rex
Fat Freddy
MoonChild
7thSecond
MetalGuy71
Velvet Creation
the sentinel
mc666
thejokeriv
A Handful of Wayne
DeathCult
James B.
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12620

Remember Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Remember Tomorrow   Remember Tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 8:47 pm

edit:

Metallica's new version of this song is lame
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Remember Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Tomorrow   Remember Tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:04 pm

edit:

Metallica is lame. And shouldve left it alone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Remember Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Tomorrow   Remember Tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:39 pm

lemme hear someone put it up
Back to top Go down

Remember Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Tomorrow   Remember Tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:40 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZZBnZexM6E
Back to top Go down

Remember Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Tomorrow   Remember Tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:43 pm

All of Metallica's covers are either awesome or horribly sucky.
Back to top Go down

Remember Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Tomorrow   Remember Tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:43 pm

It's not terrible, but not fantastic. But I don't get why Lars is putting all those snare fills in there. This band just sounds rejuvenated to me.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Remember Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Tomorrow   Remember Tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:14 pm

I like it!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Remember Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Tomorrow   Remember Tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:41 pm

i think it sounds pretty good.

the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Remember Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Tomorrow   Remember Tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:47 pm

I like it. A bit less drumming though...and a lot more cowbell!!!!!
Back to top Go down

Remember Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Tomorrow   Remember Tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:50 pm

Here's a concept: talk about something you actually like. I am baffled as to why people wish to be so negative online.
Back to top Go down

Remember Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Tomorrow   Remember Tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 11:22 pm

It's not bad, not stellar but I can listen to it.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Remember Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Tomorrow   Remember Tomorrow Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:44 am

Eyesore wrote:
Here's a concept: talk about something you actually like. I am baffled as to why people wish to be so negative online.

How bout's another concept...I'll elaborate on why I think it's lame. The song does not flow, it sounds like they threw together a bunch of pieces and went "ta daa"...Then when you apply the lack of any emotion by anyone in performance on Metallica's part, it only takes away from everything Maiden did in that capacity with the same tune.

The "concept" of the project was to "tribute" Maiden. Metallica failed miserable on that and it seems it was done just to "con-tribute"....more $ in thier bank accounts and nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Velvet Creation
Metal student
Metal student
Velvet Creation

Number of posts : 126

Remember Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Tomorrow   Remember Tomorrow Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:12 am

As much as love Metallica I am forced to say that cover sucked. James sings like he actually doesn't care and he sounds pretty merry too. On the other hand as much as hate all the hype over Trivium, I must say that their cover of Iron Maiden rocks. Shocked
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Remember Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Tomorrow   Remember Tomorrow Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:21 am

I liked it.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

Remember Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Tomorrow   Remember Tomorrow Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:42 pm

I didn't think the Maiden cover was to bad. It was way better then that Saint Anger song I finally heard because of the link to it on the same page. Yes believe it or not I had never heard that song before. That is the only Metallica album I've never bought or heard before. I can definitely see why people rag on the drumming. It really did sound just like someone banging on a garbage can lid. James voice sounded horrible as well.
Back to top Go down

Remember Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Tomorrow   Remember Tomorrow Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 1:46 pm

James B. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
How bout's another concept...I'll elaborate on why I think it's lame. The song does not flow, it sounds like they threw together a bunch of pieces and went "ta daa"...Then when you apply the lack of any emotion by anyone in performance on Metallica's part, it only takes away from everything Maiden did in that capacity with the same tune.
The "concept" of the project was to "tribute" Maiden. Metallica failed miserable on that and it seems it was done just to "con-tribute"....more $ in thier bank accounts and nothing more.
Elaboration isn't needed. I just don't understand what compels someone to create a thread such as this. I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, since we're all free to create threads--positive or negative--here. But wouldn't it be more interesting to create a thread about something you like?

As for the song itself, I think it sounds fine, thrown together or not. Maybe it was thrown together. It was for Kerrang! I can't imagine after hearing the album that many bands put a lot of thought into it. In fact, I'm betting most of the bands, while choosing which song to cover, were hearing them for the very first time.

This song/album is of little consequence.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Remember Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Tomorrow   Remember Tomorrow Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 1:58 pm

Schbopo wrote:
All of Metallica's covers are either awesome or horribly sucky.
That is the truth and that alone is the truth! Metallica knows how to make a mess of wonderful songs.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Remember Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Tomorrow   Remember Tomorrow Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 1:59 pm

spectrefate wrote:
It's not terrible,

But Metallica makes things horrible with cover songs. angry
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

Remember Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Tomorrow   Remember Tomorrow Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 2:00 pm

Metallica has played this tune live on occasion. I used to have a bootleg CD with their version of it on there, it wasn't that great on that disc either.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Remember Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Tomorrow   Remember Tomorrow Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 2:01 pm

James B. wrote:
edit:

Metallica's new version of this song is lame

Wow.... You couldnt have been more wrong on this one lol! It actually sounds great. I enjoy just about every cover Metallica has done.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Remember Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Tomorrow   Remember Tomorrow Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 2:05 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I dont get that either. If you dont like something either dont read the post and comment or dont even bother starting a post.

You shouldve started the thread. Heres a cover of remember tomorrow by Metallica. I think its crap but what does everyone else think. Instead of just saying it was lame.

Not trying to start anything so dont take it that way. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Remember Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Tomorrow   Remember Tomorrow Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 2:11 pm

MoonChild wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
It's not terrible,

But Metallica makes things horrible with cover songs. angry

What about
Whiskey in the Jar. I heard the original first before I heard metallicas version and I think metallica put the song together a lot better than Thin Lizzy did.
Turn the page the original is ok but metallica just turned it into a monster.
Not to mention all the Diamond Head covers, Black Sabbath pretty much Garage Inc was awesome. Except I didnt care for Tuesdays Gone since it seemed to just drag on.
Also the whole garage days re revisted album. So to say they make horrible covers is just wrooooooooooooong lol
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Remember Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Tomorrow   Remember Tomorrow Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 2:15 pm

Quote:
Elaboration isn't needed. I just don't understand what compels someone to create a thread such as this. I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, since we're all free to create threads--positive or negative--here. But wouldn't it be more interesting to create a thread about something you like?

As for the song itself, I think it sounds fine, thrown together or not. Maybe it was thrown together. It was for Kerrang! I can't imagine after hearing the album that many bands put a lot of thought into it. In fact, I'm betting most of the bands, while choosing which song to cover, were hearing them for the very first time.

This song/album is of little consequence.

Didn't pick up on any jerk vibe, and the last sentence "This song / album is of little consequence" is interesting to me. Here's why ? A band on the verge of releasing a pivital project in their career, such as Metallica is, why do something / anything without putting in 100 % into it ? Most "tribute" projects have unknown bands or the proverbial "has-been" from yesteryear singing or guitar slinging on the tunes there-in. This project altough quite contemporary is fairly comprised of bands that alot of folks would consider of importance to a large or major demographic. Thus whatever exposure or merit received should be expected by those who participated to have some sort of positive return.

What compels me to start any topic is to stimulate conversation, a "like" of mine.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Remember Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Tomorrow   Remember Tomorrow Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 2:19 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer states....

Quote :
Not trying to start anything so dont take it that way

Didn't and understand where you're coming from
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Remember Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Tomorrow   Remember Tomorrow Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 2:31 pm

Phoenix says...

Quote :
What about
Whiskey in the Jar. I heard the original first before I heard metallicas version and I think metallica put the song together a lot better than Thin Lizzy did.

I grew up with not only Lizzy but heard alot of traditional versions of the song. Metallica's version doesn't have the vibe of Lizzy's nor the groove. IMHO Lizzy's guitar tone and performance is quite a few notch's above Metallica's and with you being a drummer, how can you EVER compare Lars with Brian Downey. The vocals by James have no emotion and lack the vibrance of reality that Phil delivered. To me playing a song with conviction, emotion and attitude holds way more merit than how a particular band put a song together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Remember Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Tomorrow   Remember Tomorrow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remember Tomorrow
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: