Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't...

Go down 
+34
nevermore
TheGooch
jstate
White_Mage
DallasBlack
Leatherface
DeathCult
bgast1
krokus
UltraMagnus007
kmorg
akeldama
skullsmasher
MetalGuy71
manny
Thrasher73
Troublezone
SAHB Healer
juanmiguel
Required Fields
Metal Misfit
Stender
Orion Crystal Ice
ThrashedOutCobra33
IHATEGENRES
Temple of Blood
Chairman_Smith
A Handful of Wayne
Fat Freddy
XYZ
mc666
thejokeriv
Selvmord
ultmetal
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't...   Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:56 pm

I like select Billy Joel. I tend to lean farrrr away from the carefree rock 'n roll type songs, I hate just about all of those. I like the more mature, serious things such as 'Goodbye Saigon'..'Vienna'... 'New York State of Mind'...
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't...   Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 8:21 pm

I'd go with Bruce Dickinson's Tattooed Millionaire. Did I ever catch hell at the time for liking that album. I still like it today.

I pretended Chameleon wasn't actually a Helloween album then it became alright to me.

Non-metal - I always loved Billy Idol's Charmed Life.

I saw Billy Joel put on an amazing concert. I went because of a girl then ended up loving the show. He really gave the people what they came for. Hit after hit. No "I'm tired of playing that, listen to my new stuff". 18,000 people screaming along with Only The Good Die Young is pretty infectious even for someone who didn't consider themself a fan until that night.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't...   Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:40 pm

jstate wrote:
I'd go with Bruce Dickinson's Tattooed Millionaire. Did I ever catch hell at the time for liking that album. I still like it today.

Love that album.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't...   Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:43 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I like select Billy Joel. I tend to lean farrrr away from the carefree rock 'n roll type songs, I hate just about all of those. I like the more mature, serious things such as 'Goodbye Saigon'..'Vienna'... 'New York State of Mind'...

I like them all. The carefree rock n' roll songs are fun and sometimes I just like to listen to music that is not all serious or trying to make a statement.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't...   Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:54 pm

'Only the Good Die Young' definitely makes a statement to me...an offensive sort of one.. Razz
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't...   Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 10:03 am

Here is one most Deep Purple fans hate but I love
"Slaves and Masters" with Joe Lynn Turner on lead throat, yes I know it is so commerical and radio friendly that it makes Bon Jovi sound like Napalm Death but I still love the album, of course it sounds more like later day Rainbow than Deep Purple but I also happen to like that version of Rainbow also.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't...   Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 10:22 am

St.Anger

sure not their best but i am not going to dislike it immedialtely becuase other people did not like it
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't...   Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 8:01 pm

I forgot about Coldplay. I like 'em.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't...   Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 7:36 pm

Celtic Frost's Cold Lake, Black Sabbath's Seventh Star and Motorhead's Another Perfect Day.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't...   Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:44 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
jstate wrote:

Love that album.

I just rediscovered that album. I bought the reissue a few years ago and didn't care for it (and not because of the change in sound for him, I actually prefer hair/pop metal). I listened to it last week again and it's AWESOME!!!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't...   Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:59 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Helloween- Chameleon

Wow. I know you're a Helloween diehard, bro, but you must have ears of steel to actually like that one. It's the only Helloween album I got rid of. Ugh!! Very Happy

Mark me down as a fan of Chameleon as well. I think it's pretty good
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't...   Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:58 am

I also forgot about Van Halen III.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't...   Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 1:59 am

Megadeth-Risk, Y&T-Contagious, Scorpions-Eye II Eye, Krokus-Change Of Address, Megadeth-Cryptic Writings, Kiss-Crazy Nights and Hot In The Shade, Annihilator-All For You, Remains, Judas Priest-Turbo, Demolition and Jugulator, King Kobra-Thrill Of A Lifetime, Loverboy-Wildside, Whitesnake-Slip Of The Tongue, Triumph-The Sport Of Kings, Saxon-Destiny and Rock The Nations, Quiet Riot-QRIII, Motley Crue-Theatre Of Pain, and Generation Swine. Tygers Of Pan Tang-Burning In The Shade, Loudness-Soldier Of Fortune, Europe-Out Of This World, MSG-Perfect Timing, Evanescence(proof that they're are modern rock bands that don't suck)-Fallen and The Open Door, Accept-Eat The Heat.
Back to top Go down
AngelRipper16
Metal novice
Metal novice
AngelRipper16

Number of posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't...   Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 8:56 am

I have alway liked Dio - "Lock Up The Wolves" for example, and that's where Dio supposedly was to go downhill... Very Happy "Born On The Sun", "Night Songs", "My Eyes" and "Walk On Water" are all VERY underrated songs.

I don't know if "The Glorious Burden" is a "suppose-to-hate" album, but I like that one too. Ripper delivers his most memorable performance in "Declaration Day" (IMO), for instance.

"Virtual XI" is another one. Sure ain't as great as the classics, but it's decent. "Futureal" is a song Blaze pulls off much better than Bruce (as opposed to "The Clansman" & "Sign Of The Cross" being much better on Rock In Rio).

🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't...   Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 12:26 pm

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about Iron Maiden-The X Factor.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't...   Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 12:32 pm

nevermore wrote:
Motorhead's Another Perfect Day.

You're not supposed to hate APD. It was an excellent album.

Iron Maiden-Virtual XI (My favorite Maiden album)
Megadeth-Risk
Primus-Antipop (Hated by most Primus fans)
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't...   Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 12:45 pm

I actually like Antipop by Primus and IMO one of their best albums.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't...   Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 12:46 pm

I agree. I have to take so much crap over at the Primus forums for it though. They despise it.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't...   Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 3:46 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Def Leppard - Hysteria. Most metal heads HATE it and what Mutt Lange did to their sound..... but I LOVE that album! It's my favorite Def Leppard disc!

Great album! I love it!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't...   Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 3:47 pm

I also like Hysteria, my only criticism is that the album has been overplayed on the radio.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't...   Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albums you are suppose to hate, but don't...
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4