Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985

Go down 
+4
stepcousin
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
mr.electric39
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37648

Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 3:15 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Looks like his last name is Van Volt according to one of his myspace pages:

[url=http://www.myspace.com/fullarmorbarrencross
http://www.myspace.com/fullarmorbarrencross[/quote[/url]]

Excellent detective work my friend! Thumbs up! Now I can get some sleep!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 4:53 pm

[quote="Fat Freddy"]
thejokeriv wrote:

http://www.myspace.com/fullarmorbarrencross[/quote]

Good deal - The music on his my space page reminded me of when I met him - (the page has BC songs from the Rock For The King remix) - we were talking about the remix - how he thought it was better than the original mix andI disagreed. He also thought the remix of Stryper's The Yellow & Black Attack was better - I also like the original better.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 11:20 pm

[quote="thejokeriv"]
Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

http://www.myspace.com/fullarmorbarrencross[/quote]

Good deal - The music on his my space page reminded me of when I met him - (the page has BC songs from the Rock For The King remix) - we were talking about the remix - how he thought it was better than the original mix andI disagreed. He also thought the remix of Stryper's The Yellow & Black Attack was better - I also like the original better.

Freddy & Joke... you guys are the bomb ! Vince Van Volt !!! I met him when Full Armor was together. Never saw 'em play, but If I remember right I scored a demo of them at a 'Soldier' gig. It's when I wrote for white throne. I even asked my buddy Dave Johnson the other day if he remembered Vinces name.

Totally agree on the originial mixes of 'yellow and black attack' and 'rock for the king'... they both rocked. the remixes took away some of the feel and energy and were pretty sterile sounding.

Vince Van Volt.... wow....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 1:32 pm

You used to write for White Throne? I remember that zine. I used to publish Cephas - we didn't last long, but we had interviews with King's X , Guardian, Believer, Deliverance, One Bad Pig. If I can find my old pics, I'll change my avatar to a pic me almost 20 years ago with David Bach. I've still got a pre-release cassette of Sacrament somewhere - that was the best part, getting pre-releases.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 4:20 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

You used to write for White Throne? I remember that zine. I used to publish Cephas - we didn't last long, but we had interviews with King's X , Guardian, Believer, Deliverance, One Bad Pig. If I can find my old pics, I'll change my avatar to a pic me almost 20 years ago with David Bach. I've still got a pre-release cassette of Sacrament somewhere - that was the best part, getting pre-releases.

Yes I wrote for White Throne Very Happy ... Back in the day I had a tendency (ahem !!) to call a spade a spade... If you sucked.... you sucked...lol!
It didn't make me too popular at the time. Laughing ....

I remember a zine called 'Cephas' I can't honestly remember if I saw it, but I'm sure I read about it in the classifieds... If I had a claim to fame (nothing to brag about) I ripped on 'Bloodgood's Detonation' disc. Boy did I take a lot of heat for that. I lot. wow.... I've loved the pre-releases and demo's also.... If I still had 'em. What a comp disc I could make.
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 6:33 pm

[quote="mr.electric39"]
thejokeriv wrote:

Yes I wrote for White Throne Very Happy ... Back in the day I had a tendency (ahem !!) to call a spade a spade... If you sucked.... you sucked...lol!
It didn't make me too popular at the time. Laughing ....

I remember a zine called 'Cephas' I can't honestly remember if I saw it, but I'm sure I read about it in the classifieds... If I had a claim to fame (nothing to brag about) I ripped on 'Bloodgood's Detonation' disc. Boy did I take a lot of heat for that. I lot. wow.... I've loved the pre-releases and demo's also.... If I still had 'em. What a comp disc I could make.

LOL - we were nice in the reviews to most of the bands - whoever liked the album the best, wrote the review. I did rip on a few demos and a band called Straightway that sucked (I don't even remember what they sounded like, just that I thought they sucked) - we did rip on them.

We did have an ad in Heaven's Metal at the time - free advertising, they put us in, we put them in.

The best part was meeting the bands at the concerts - that was great. They always did the after concert interview with us. I have a bootleg of Guardian in Va Beach with the original singer that I can't find anywhere - probably lost in multiple moves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2