Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called)

Go down 
+12
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
Thrasher73
Tall Tyrion
mc666
Fat Freddy
Metal Misfit
tohostudios
Stender
Shiney
Orion Crystal Ice
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called) Empty
PostSubject: Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called)   Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 7:05 pm

C'mon. This is the worst show ever, right? I normally take a nap after work (all the posting makes me sleepy) and when I wake up Walker is on since I usually have M.A.S.H. on before that. Anyway! How many years has Chuck Norris been acting? And he's still this bad??!! The episode plots are among some of the cheesiest ever. Tonight's plot is "Killers target orphan siblings who witnessed a murder; Walker must shut down a sweatshop." What? How does he do all that in an hour???

Holy crap? Is that really Chuck "singing" the theme? Priceless! A black guy in a stetson? When does the hilarity stop???!!

Anyone here love or hate this turd of American Television?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called)   Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 7:22 pm

Yes....it's.... amazingly horrible....you know your weekend has gone to crap when the theme music starts coming out of the TV..
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called)   Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 8:02 pm

It's Sheetastic....I watch MASH from 6-7 then quick turn to watch MILLENIUM on Chiller...lest i get sucking into the poopfest that is WALKER TEXASS RANGER...

He has been acting since like 1976 or something...but you know how the ol saying goes...

A turd wrapped in tin foil is still a turd...

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called)   Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 8:08 pm

I have never seen it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called)   Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 9:04 pm

Stender wrote:
I have never seen it.

I've only seen one episode. The acting is just so god-awful and the plot was so ridiculous that you completely forget about Chuck's 1337 skills.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called)   Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 9:08 pm

Has Chuck Norris ever "acted" in his life?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called)   Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 9:28 pm

Such a horrible show, I can't believe it stayed on for so long and is still found in syndication and on cable! Does every episode have some goofy wholesome value lesson in it?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called)   Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 9:51 pm

My Dad (God rest him) used to LOVE that show. I could barely stand to be in the same room when it was on. Then again, he had pretty awful taste in TV (sorry Dad, but it's true). One time I made a comment about how "Diagnosis Murder" was the exact same show as "Murder, She Wrote," just with a sex change, and he practically threw me outta the family room. Sheesh.

Mind you, I love some of Chuck's cheese-tastic late 70s/early 80s action flicks ("Invasion U.S.A." and "Code of Silence" frickin ROCK!) but I have never made it thru an entire episode of "Walker." It's quite simply god-awful.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called)   Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:40 pm

it's the the second worst show in recent years, right after Touched by an Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called)   Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:41 pm

I think they both were in the same time slot on Sunday nights at different times.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called)   Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:50 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Mind you, I love some of Chuck's cheese-tastic late 70s/early 80s action flicks ("Invasion U.S.A." and "Code of Silence" frickin ROCK!)

I was going to say something similar. Now you have posted, so I don't need to.

Never have seen Walker Whatever and don't intend to, but those eighties Norris movies RULE! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called)   Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:52 pm

Never cared for the show.I think Chucks best acting are in those Total Gym commercials.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called)   Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:52 pm

It's a terribly cheesy show....and I like Chuck Norris.

Quote :
A black guy in a stetson? When does the hilarity stop???!!

This, however, is as real as it gets. I've seen this in person on more than one occassion. Abilene, TX is a cowbow town through and through and I've seen real live Black cowboys. (Not to mention the weekend warrior ones)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called)   Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:53 pm

mc666 wrote:
it's the the second worst show in recent years, right after Touched by an Angel.

My Dad loved THAT show too!! sick

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called)   Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:58 pm

I'm a Christian and Touched By An Angel raised bile in my throat. Too silly and hoaky.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called)   Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:00 pm

Touched By An Angel might actually be worse than Walker somehow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called)   Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:06 pm

Imagine a show that entailed Walker to Touch people. Hmmm....
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called)   Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:11 pm

That's called the game of life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called)   Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:12 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I'm a Christian and Touched By An Angel raised bile in my throat.

A poet. You're a poet, my friend. Smile
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called)   Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:13 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called)   Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:22 pm

Amazing Ranger factoids.

Quote :
It aired on CBS with three pilot episodes followed by eight full seasons, from April 21, 1993 to May 19, 2001, was broadcast in over 100 countries, and has since spawned at least one made-for-television movie.

Quote :
Walker performs his legendary roundhouse kick to the villain's face as a last move that usually defeats the victim immediately when the victim falls from a window, off the roof, and others. The shot of Walker kicking his adversary is then rapidly repeated, twice, and in slow motion, from different angles.

Quote :
When suspect people or criminals are confronted by Walker with
interrogating questions, they usually respond by pretending to turn
away, only to then draw back and attempt to throw a hay maker punch.
This punch is always blocked by Walker, and after its failure, he
proceeds to beat them until they are rendered to the ground.

Quote :
Walker is often shown jumping out of a helicopter, or another moving
vehicle, into the vehicle of a fleeing criminal, or occasionally into a
criminals hideout

Quote :
Paranormal or mystical phenomena, including but not limited to: ghosts of Native Americans directing Walker towards clues; the ghost of Hayes Cooper, legendary Texas Ranger, leading Walker to buried treasure; the ghost of an old Native American shaman striking Walker with a lightning bolt and transporting him hundreds of years into the past; a reborn Buddhist monk being hunted down by a jealous monk, also reborn.

Chuck Norris administering the roundhouse kick... Chuck Norris demonstrating superhuman reflexes...Chuck Norris jumping out of air vehicles.... Chuck Norris showing off a few of his hook ups with spirit-world-badasses........and showing you candidly over 8 years.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called)   Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:54 pm

*Chuck Norris appears from nowhere to deliver a roundhouse kick to OCI*
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called)   Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 10:12 am

Never saw the show, but I remember laughing out loud when my sister-in-law informed me that it was her son's (my nephew) favorite show. He would rush home from whatever he was doing to watch it every night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called)   Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 10:18 am

Theme Song:

Conan O'Brien's Walker Texas Ranger Lever

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called)   Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 3:51 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I think they both were in the same time slot on Sunday nights at different times.

Wasn't Walker on Saturday nights?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called)   Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ranger, Texas Walker (or whatever it's called)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next