Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ARE MINI AMPS WORTH?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

ARE MINI AMPS WORTH? Empty
PostSubject: ARE MINI AMPS WORTH?   ARE MINI AMPS WORTH? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 9:41 pm

I was considering on getting a mini amp to practice on my home, while my 15watt combo amp stays on a friends house. Since we are planing on doing a garage band. Nothing serious, just fun.

But is it worth to get a mini amp to practice home, or should I just get another combo amp instead?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARE MINI AMPS WORTH?   ARE MINI AMPS WORTH? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 9:47 pm

I can only tell you what many guitarists have told me... they're a waste. Instead of getting another small amp why not invest in something like at least a 50W? This will give you the option of having a good amp that you can use onstage and maybe hear. That ain't gonna happen with a 15W unless you're going thru the monitors(and they're decent mons, too).
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: ARE MINI AMPS WORTH?   ARE MINI AMPS WORTH? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 11:11 am

Splat wrote:
I can only tell you what many guitarists have told me... they're a waste. Instead of getting another small amp why not invest in something like at least a 50W? This will give you the option of having a good amp that you can use onstage and maybe hear. That ain't gonna happen with a 15W unless you're going thru the monitors(and they're decent mons, too).

Yeah i have a Marshall 15w and it doesn't hold up when i jam with my friend who plays drums. I will be getting a 50w next.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: ARE MINI AMPS WORTH?   ARE MINI AMPS WORTH? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 11:49 am

Crate makes a good amp that is not too expensive. The VTX212B is cool. 3 channels 120w 2 12" speakers.

It's best to think bigger. You can always turn down the valume, but if you can't go to 11, your screwed...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: ARE MINI AMPS WORTH?   ARE MINI AMPS WORTH? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 6:21 pm

Isn't a 15watt amp pretty dern small already>?!? scratch
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: ARE MINI AMPS WORTH?   ARE MINI AMPS WORTH? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 6:49 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
Crate makes a good amp that is not too expensive. The VTX212B is cool. 3 channels 120w 2 12" speakers.

It's best to think bigger. You can always turn down the volume, but if you can't go to 11, your screwed...

Thanks for recommending this amp. I was thinking about it, and yes I should get something bigger.

The good think about getting a bigger amp is that you are getting the sound close to a real tube amp. So it is better to invest in a 2 12" speaker, than getting another distortion pedal.

What about ROLAND CUBE 30, Fender Frontman 212r,Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, or any Marshall 2 12" speakers or even any Half Stack Package?
I haven't heard of CRATE, but coming from you that is going to be on my top list.

I did a re-search and found another amp from CRATE V series. It says V series try to get very close to a real TUBE AMP. So I found V33-212 which has almost the same value as the VTX212B. So what can you tell me about each?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: ARE MINI AMPS WORTH?   ARE MINI AMPS WORTH? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 12:42 am

Quote :
It's best to think bigger. You can always turn down the valume, but if you can't go to 11, your screwed...

You hit the nail on the head!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARE MINI AMPS WORTH?   ARE MINI AMPS WORTH? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ARE MINI AMPS WORTH?
Page 1 of 1