Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Maiden - Valle Hovin, Oslo - July 24th 2008

Go down 
+2
Olafsto
kmorg
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Iron Maiden - Valle Hovin, Oslo - July 24th 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Iron Maiden - Valle Hovin, Oslo - July 24th 2008   Iron Maiden - Valle Hovin, Oslo - July 24th 2008 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 11:42 am

Iron Maiden - Valle Hovin, Oslo - July 24th 2008 Bilde025

Yes, boys and girls. That was a picture of Olafsto and myself, taken during the Iron Maiden concert in Oslo last night. Not only did we get to meet eachother in person for the very first time, we also got to see an amazing Iron Maiden concet!

It was a hot day in Oslo! So me and my travelling friend spent the time during the 2 opening acts (Lauren Harris and Avenged Sevenfold) sitting on the grass, in the sun, quite far away from the stage. The venue is a large concrete "floor", with concrete arenas on 2 sides. But on the "back side" of the area, where the merchandise and food stands are, quite sheltered from the stage, was where we chose to kill an hour or 2 before Maiden went on. During Avenged Sevenfold's set we met up with Olaf, and started to walk towards the concrete, closer and closer to the stage. I guess it was close to 9pm when Steve and the boys entered the stage. And what a stage! The entire scene was covered with props and stage settings, mostly decorated with stuff we all know so well from the original Powerslave tour. But there were also many other incarnations of Eddie here and there. The backdrop was massive, and changed when the band played songs from different albums. It was a magical moment when the Churchill speach entered the PA, and the boys ripped it up with Aces High! During The Number of the Beast, a huge devil came up on the right side of the stage. The space gun carrying Eddie we know from Somewhere in Time entrered the stage during Iron Maiden (of course), and the mummified version came to life during the last encore. And there were lots of pyro and other cool effects during many songs. I guess my favorite was the backdrop during Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner, and the lightning rig that swung as if it was hanging on a ship in huge waves! Bruce also kept changing his outfit in between songs, and even wore the classic bird-feathered mask!
I guess most of you have already seen the awesome setlist for this tour. It truly was amazing to hear them roar through the best of the 80's Iron Maiden. I was a little dissapointed when I understood that they were playing Fear Of The Dark, because it doesn't belong to the same period the band was recreating, but noone of the 30000 + fans present this night can tell me that this song doesn't work live! My favorite this evening was "Hallowed Be Thy Name". I'll never grow tired of that song.
It was a humble, almost to tears brought, Bruce Dickinson that spoke to us in between several songs. He was amazed that Norway had gone from 25000 fans at one concert in Oslo last year, to 50000 Maiden fans in 2 concerts this year! He couldn't thank the fans enough for showing up, and making the concert magical. He also spent some time making fun of 2 people who had climed up on a building crane outside of the arena to see the concert for free. Cheap bastards! haha
So this was truly one of the better concerts I have ever seen! Iron Maiden in top form, together with 30000 fans on a sunny night in Oslo. Can't beat that!

It was also fun finally meeting someone from this board in person. I hope it won't be the last. How's the back and feet today, Olaf? Very Happy

Last edited by kmorg on Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - Valle Hovin, Oslo - July 24th 2008   Iron Maiden - Valle Hovin, Oslo - July 24th 2008 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 12:21 pm

🤘
Hello again Kurt!!
Great review!
Fantastic show, and a pleasure to meet you in person!! We`ll have to do this again some time...
Just got home after a six hours drive, tired but well worth it..
Maiden never stops to impress me. Truly a great great night in Oslo!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - Valle Hovin, Oslo - July 24th 2008   Iron Maiden - Valle Hovin, Oslo - July 24th 2008 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 4:46 am

🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - Valle Hovin, Oslo - July 24th 2008   Iron Maiden - Valle Hovin, Oslo - July 24th 2008 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:19 am

Awww.....they're friends. Smile

Wish I was there with you. But I would have just farted all the time and compained that I wanted corn dogs when all they served at the concert was lutefisk. Darn Norway.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - Valle Hovin, Oslo - July 24th 2008   Iron Maiden - Valle Hovin, Oslo - July 24th 2008 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 9:13 am

We missed you Spec!!
There was a lot of farting going on, so you would fit right in.
And lutefisk aint bad if you have lots of beer with it...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - Valle Hovin, Oslo - July 24th 2008   Iron Maiden - Valle Hovin, Oslo - July 24th 2008 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 9:53 am

Great review!

Glad you guys were able to go....and that's very cool that you were able to meet.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - Valle Hovin, Oslo - July 24th 2008   Iron Maiden - Valle Hovin, Oslo - July 24th 2008 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 6:18 pm

i missed maiden on this tour dammit!
Back to top Go down
juanmiguel
Metal student
Metal student
juanmiguel

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - Valle Hovin, Oslo - July 24th 2008   Iron Maiden - Valle Hovin, Oslo - July 24th 2008 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 6:10 pm

Nice!!!!!

It breaks my heart knowing that Maiden will never come to my country for a concert.

That's a cool picture btw cos the two of you were both having a bad hair day. LOL. The again, you watched iron maiden, I didnt. Boohoo.

Primal Fear rules.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - Valle Hovin, Oslo - July 24th 2008   Iron Maiden - Valle Hovin, Oslo - July 24th 2008 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Maiden - Valle Hovin, Oslo - July 24th 2008
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: The Hurting Words-
Jump to: