Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Maiden 2008 concert review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Iron Maiden 2008 concert review Empty
PostSubject: Iron Maiden 2008 concert review   Iron Maiden 2008 concert review Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:02 am

They fucken rocked... This concert will spark strong emotions of good and bad. Best concert so far of 2008 bit better than The Police.

I arrived there early to meet up with a metal handbanger I jam with from time to time a few hours before the concert started and it was BLOODY worth it. During the time I was waiting there was this awful announcement that kept on coming on every 15 minutes or so which was so fucken awful some wanker explaining all the rules and implying that you can't have fun at the concert. It would of been better if I had a shotgun so I would shoot the speakers into smitherines.

When the doors opened I stormed in abruptly and made myself to the front end of the barrier on the silver section and had a decent view on the stage.
After I made myself comfortable Lauren Harris (Steve Harris's daughter) stepped up on stage. She wasn't that great because she sounded like a plastic pop princess, the guitarist sounded like a Zakk Wylde wannabe and ripped off Zakk's licks and sound and the music sounded like The Rogue Traders meets Ozzy Osbourne (Zakk Wylde era). Despite my negative criticism I aplaud her for her brilliant stage moves, knew how to keep the crowd going and had the attitude of a rocker and also she's doing a smart move by opening for her father which will help her gain recognition in the long term in the music industry better than going to a trashy one hit wonder factory like Australian Idol like most idiots do these days.

When that wanky emo band came on stage I started be in a bad fucken mood and was completely disgusted. Least Behind Crimson Eyes had the decency of telling the audience they had two songs to go which gave me relief very slowly. There were a few boofhead adolescent metalheads next to me who were shouting out abuse since I was angry and bored I decided to join in.

There was a long duration when the emo band left and when Iron Maiden came on stage. When they finally came on stage the moment that I have been waiting for since I became a fan of Iron Maiden which was three years ago. The band I gotta say hadn't changed over the past 20 years except of course Bruce's short hair. They still have the energy, attitude and strong stage presence especially Bruce Dickinson who still had the rough singer attitude I liked it particularly when he swore at some dude in the audience smoking cigarrettes. They played all the classics that were done passionately and with fire and they sound better now than they did ever before because their sound has more texture and structure in their music since they now have 3 guitarists and gotta say the concert was way better than the Live After Death concert that was filmed over 20 years ago. The only thing that annoys me about them playing their old stuff from their 80s albums is that it mostly pleases the casual Iron Maiden fan and doesn't encourage to get them more into Iron Maiden's descrete stuff. But you can't have everything and still they played most of the songs that I crave especially Revelations, Aces High, 2 minutes to midnight, Wasted Years, heaven Can Wait, Moonchild and Can I play with madness. But however did not play my all time favourite Iron Maiden song Stranger in a Strange Land which is a disappointment

A concert overrall that will be always be remembered and even though they should of got a local talented aussie metal band like Mortal Sin or Atomesquad not horrible emo bands like Behind Crimson Eyes who don't belong in the music industry in the first place.
Back to top Go down

Iron Maiden 2008 concert review
Page 1 of 1