Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As long as we are at it...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

As long as we are at it... Empty
PostSubject: As long as we are at it...   As long as we are at it... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:48 pm

Please take the time to watch both of these. I have seen this performance, at least, a dozen times and it ALWAYS gets me.

DEATH OF JOE COLE PT 1

DEATH OF JOE COLE PT 2

Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As long as we are at it...   As long as we are at it... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:18 pm

Any comments? Would love to hear them - positive or negative.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: As long as we are at it...   As long as we are at it... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:23 pm

I thought it was moving....

PostSubject: Re: As long as we are at it...   As long as we are at it... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 2:24 pm

Is that the bit about his friend getting murdered or dying?
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: As long as we are at it...   As long as we are at it... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 3:10 pm

Awesome.

Differences in metaphysical beliefs aside, Henry Rollins has got it
figured out. As complicated as life can be sometimes, it really is that
simple. I'm missing Joe Cole right about now, and I never knew him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As long as we are at it...   As long as we are at it... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 3:11 pm

That was well done by Mr. Rollins. Poignant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As long as we are at it...   As long as we are at it... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 5:07 pm

Next to losing a family member, there is nothing worse than losing a friend when they're young.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: As long as we are at it...   As long as we are at it... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 6:04 pm

Nicely done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: As long as we are at it...   As long as we are at it... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 7:23 pm

Man, I tried to watch that. I just can't dig on the way he talks and pauses and talks and is all monotone. Just irks me. He's a cool cat, though, don't get me wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As long as we are at it...   As long as we are at it... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 7:55 pm

At least fast forward to the last couple of minutes of pt 2, K.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As long as we are at it...   As long as we are at it... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 7:56 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
At least fast forward to the last couple of minutes of pt 2, K.
I will.

I think I've seen this entire bit before. A friend and her husband in the UK were huge fans, and pretty much every time they had something at their house, a Rollins DVD went in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As long as we are at it...   As long as we are at it... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 8:06 pm

Yeah, I've seen that before. I remember his mentioning of the cops reaction telling him his friend was dead. It would be great if that sort of reaction was somehow not normal.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: As long as we are at it...   As long as we are at it... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 10:26 am

Great story. I've heard that over the years, some people (Joe Cole's dad being the main one) have tried to paint Henry as some sort of coward for running away and leaving Joe there to get shot, but if the story is accurate, I doubt many people would react any different.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As long as we are at it...   As long as we are at it... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

As long as we are at it...
Page 1 of 1