Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wow he's bad.

Go down 
+14
DeathCult
rattpoison
sam
Lurideath
XYZ
Mortuary
A Handful of Wayne
Velvet Creation
stormspell
White_Mage
Smindas
DallasBlack
INVADERS
Temple of Blood
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Wow he's bad. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 5:26 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
Black_Mage wrote:
After that how could he possibly say hes better than Steve Harris

He thinks he's better than everybody. I think he's okay. He's different, that's for sure. He ain't Steve Harris, that's for sure.

of course i don't believe a single word for all the things you're writing here....you can't even distinguish an old manowar photo....you may say what ever you want for joey, that doesn't have a single effect on the music he composed for so many years ....surely he had his ups and downs, surely he may said some things that many don't like( i don't care the less though, only his music matters after all) but he was always manowar and he was always in manowar.....he never left them for some punk crap.....just to remember them years after seeing how popular they still are and thus making some quick cash in manowar's name....of course, i guess, furnichello didn't mess with the "authorities" and never said bad things for harris etc so he's a cool dude....not jerk like joey....who can't play his bass like harris....
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 5:43 pm

That was bad. sick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 6:35 pm

Quote :
you can't even distinguish an old manowar photo..

You're right, I'm not a fan at all. But I have met Eric, Joey and Scott many times. I really don't care if you believe me or not. Everybody here knows I don't talk like I've met a bunch of metal bands. But I've met them. Eric is a great guy. Joey ain't. Sorry.

Quote :
furnichello didn't mess with the "authorities" and never said bad things for harris etc so he's a cool dude....

Who?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 6:54 pm

Quote :
furnichello didn't mess with the "authorities" and never said bad things for harris etc so he's a cool dude....

Wow he's bad. - Page 2 167598~Annette-Funicello-Frankie-Avalon-Posters

Annette Funicello. The Mouseketeer? Beach Blanket Bingo?
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 7:02 pm

Well he's not exactly the most innovative bassist or a top notch player, but he's ok. Manowar are just warriors of true metal and that is why people like them. Thats why I like them as well.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 7:27 pm

I thought it was funachello
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 7:57 pm

Arrogant or not, Manowar first 4 albums are classics in my opinion....
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 8:16 pm

fainting
if I had been there I probably would have puked on the guy in front of me
sick
Wow he's bad. - Page 2 505193
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 10:21 pm

syrus wrote:
.....he never left them for some punk crap.....

Are you referring to Ross?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 10:32 pm

Don't worry syrus, no matter how bad I bag on Joey, it doesn't matter. I'm sure he will still die for metal.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 10:39 pm

But he's still an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 8:47 am

It's good for what it is. It's more of a guitar solo. There's not really anything Bass about it.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 8:49 am

brontotex wrote:
It's good for what it is. It's more of a guitar solo. There's not really anything Bass about it.

That is what I thought when I heard it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 10:05 am

He is obviously not trying to play a bass solo in the time honored fashion .
His tone and the effects are being used to do just exactly what he is setting out to do and that is
play a guitar style solo on the bass. He does that as well as it is intented to be done as he is playing note for note one of his bass solo compostions off one the albums. I think everyone's main problem here is either they don't like guitar style bass solos and or they just don't like Joey. Whatever I never care about the personalities of band members . I don't live with them I just listen to their CDs and go to shows.
It is well played and good for what it is intended to be and that is the fact of the matter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 10:16 am

Well played? Speed and slop don't make something well played. I understand he is playing something similar to his hack job of Sting of the Bumblebee, but his execution is extremely poor. I don't care if Joey DeMaio lubes poodles up with mint jelly and goes to town inside of them on the weekend, that's his business. But when a musician knocks other proficient musicians and plays crap like DeMaio plays, I gotta throw a bullsh!t card. But hey if you like it, enjoy it. I just think it's pure, unadulterated crap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:01 pm

That's fine as your opinion is very meaningless to me. Once again you stress his personality i.e. talking crap. It obvoiusly has A STRONG influence on your reactions toward him and then carries over to your opinion on his solo.
But whatever I just see it as very silly getting up in arms over what band members think or say to the point it holds sway over your opinions of music.

I also am aware that Steve Harris is a much better bass player and actually like Iron Maiden better than Manowar however I could care less what Joey says about him or them as I have no emotional involvement in his statements.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:05 pm

PeyoteWereWolf wrote:
That's fine as your opinion is very meaningless to me.

We can call this a mutual statement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:09 pm

That was already obvious before you saw the need to rebuff my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:13 pm

PeyoteWereWolf wrote:
That was already obvious before you saw the need to rebuff my opinion.

Oh, c'mon. He's just using the tremolo bar and playing random notes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:21 pm

Where do these Manowarriors come from? They can't be American.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:25 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
Where do these Manowarriors come from? They can't be American.

They're from New York.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:28 pm

I'm from they're hometown. They're not well loved there at all.

They're loved in Europe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:28 pm

When I said Manowarriors, i meant these crazy fans who are all pissed because we're making fun of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:41 pm

Oh, you mean this PeyoteWereWolf guy?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:43 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Oh, you mean this PeyoteWereWolf guy?

And Syrus, who actually bagged on my knowledge of manowar, even though I never claimed to know anyting about Manowar, except I've met them a bunch of times. i haven't listened to a Manowar cd since Kings Of metal, and don't plan on it.

They must get mad a lot, because most metal fans make fun of Manowar some time or another.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wow he's bad.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: