Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wow he's bad.

Go down 
+14
DeathCult
rattpoison
sam
Lurideath
XYZ
Mortuary
A Handful of Wayne
Velvet Creation
stormspell
White_Mage
Smindas
DallasBlack
INVADERS
Temple of Blood
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Wow he's bad. Empty
PostSubject: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 9:56 am

Let me preface this thread by saying that Manowar is one of my favorite bands. I have most of their official releases and enjoy them all, even Gods of War. But Joey DeMaio is a douche. I think we all agree with that. But not only is he the crowned King of the Dumbasses, he is a terrible bassist.

He plays that stinkin noisy piccolo bass that just sounds dumb. Then he runs his fingers up and down the fretboard pretending its a lead guitar solo. Then to top it off, he pounds the bass to make a loud noise that exclaims, "I am a no talent a-hole"! Does anyone else agree with me? I'd like to hear bronto's take on this as he is the only bassist on this board that I know.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Wow he's bad. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 10:13 am

You don't have to be a bassist to know he plays a lot of slop.

But their first album is still a total classic, ego and sloppy bass playing or no.
Back to top Go down

Wow he's bad. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 10:41 am

And he told me Steve harris sucked with a stright face,
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Wow he's bad. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 11:40 am

DenimAndLeather wrote:

The nerve of that guy is unbelievable!
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

Wow he's bad. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 11:41 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:

The nerve of that guy is unbelievable!

Steve harris is an awesome bass player.
joey Sucks balls!!
Back to top Go down

Wow he's bad. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:53 pm

Joey is a hack but they're not trying to match skills with Maiden, it's more about the loincloth.
Back to top Go down

Wow he's bad. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:57 pm

Even the crowd's like "Wow, he sucks".
Back to top Go down

Wow he's bad. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:58 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
Joey is a hack but they're not trying to match skills with Maiden, it's more about the loincloth.

when I met him, i wanted to discuss other bass players with him. I was 16, and he just wanted to dog all bass players. I stopped being a Manowar fan that day.
Back to top Go down

Wow he's bad. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:10 pm

I have some Manowar albums and enjoy, but I think they're one of the most overrated bands ever. Maybe I don't have the right albums, but none of them have struck me as anything amazing.

As for the man himself, I have no comment. Maybe he's a total jackoff. I don't know. I tend to avoid personal contact with musicians because of that potential of them being complete jerks.
Back to top Go down

Wow he's bad. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:13 pm

What's weird is he's the only one I've met who was a jerk. I haven't met that many, but the ones I have have all been cool.

Including the rest of Manowar.
Back to top Go down

Wow he's bad. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:15 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I tend to avoid personal contact with musicians because of that potential of them being complete jerks.

I avoid ALL people for the same reason.

Yeah, Manowar isn't an amazing, jaw dropping band. But they are one of those bands that if you like one of their songs alot, you tend to like most of their songs. There isn't alot of variety in the career, until Gods of War, and because of that change people instaneously started soiling themselves.
Back to top Go down

Wow he's bad. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:16 pm

Quote :
I avoid ALL people for the same reason.

That ain't livin, bro.
Back to top Go down

Wow he's bad. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:16 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
What's weird is he's the only one I've met who was a jerk. I haven't met that many, but the ones I have have all been cool.

Including the rest of Manowar.

Eric Adams aside from having an amazing voice seems like he would be a real cool guy to hang with. I don't understand how he's stayed around Joey all these years.
Back to top Go down

Wow he's bad. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:17 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:

That ain't livin, bro.

Oh yeah it is. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Wow he's bad. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:28 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I tend to avoid personal contact with musicians because of that potential of them being complete jerks.

That is my biggest apprehension to meeting celebrities and musicians I like. I don't want to find out that they are total asswhipes and taint my love for their movies and music.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

Wow he's bad. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:32 pm

Manowar IS Spinal Tap.
Back to top Go down

Wow he's bad. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:33 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
That is my biggest apprehension to meeting celebrities and musicians I like. I don't want to find out that they are total asswhipes and taint my love for their movies and music.
I don't know that it would taint my appreciation for their art, unless they did something like screw my girlfriend or something. Haha. I just don't go out of my way to meet people. If it happens, cool, but it's no priority of mine.

I've met some great people, though—I'm still friends with everyone in 311, for instance, going on 15 years now.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Wow he's bad. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 2:03 pm

Terrible, terrible bass solo. That tone is atrocious. Also, who puts a tremelo bar on a bass!

Wow he's bad. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:17 pm

After that how could he possibly say hes better than Steve Harris
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

Wow he's bad. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:20 pm

spectrefate wrote:

he runs his fingers up and down the fretboard pretending its a lead guitar solo.

Thats what I think of most of shred solos

As far as Joeys "Bass" solo it sounded less like a bass and more like some youtube nazi trying to copy Randy Roads guitar playing and the result is boring-ass neo classical sherd done with awful guitar tone and not a scrap of soul or emotion
IMO

Now lets recover ourselves with a real Bass solo

Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

Wow he's bad. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:39 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Even the crowd's like "Wow, he sucks".

Tell me about it! I just happened to witness Manowar breaking the Guiness' record for the longest metal concert - 5 hours and one minute show. However, there were TWO bass solos, one of which was 15 minutes PURE noise pollution... it nearly made me walk away, which would have been a shame coz they did play songs exclusively from the first 6 albums only. I'm glad I endured the bloody "bass solos" but if I had tomatoes I'd have been VERY tempted to throw some at mr. loincloth for sure.

Apart from Joey's antics, overall the live was awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Velvet Creation
Metal student
Metal student
Velvet Creation

Number of posts : 126

Wow he's bad. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 4:54 pm

That might sound absurd, but I never liked Manowar. sign
Back to top Go down

Wow he's bad. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 4:57 pm

Black_Mage wrote:
After that how could he possibly say hes better than Steve Harris

He thinks he's better than everybody. I think he's okay. He's different, that's for sure. He ain't Steve Harris, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Wow he's bad. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 5:08 pm

lol i couldnt watch the whole thing cause it was annoying but i skipped through it and it sounded like he just kept doing the same thing over and over. that sound is horrible. it doesnt sound like that on the albums though, but with the last couple of albums i dont think he actualy plays the bass anymore i think its programmed its played way to perfect.
Back to top Go down
Mortuary
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

Wow he's bad. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 5:11 pm

Shocked sick Horrible...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wow he's bad. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow he's bad.   Wow he's bad. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wow he's bad.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: